dcsimg

Bosch GBH18V-26K SDS Rotary Hammer

This topic contains 63 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  bbernardesjr87 2 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Moze
    Dallas, TX

A little while back I picked up the DeWalt DCH273 due to the fact that it had on-board dust extraction. I received it and was ok with it with a few exceptions:

1.) It was very difficult to put a bit in the chuck. Not sure if I got a dud or what, but that was frustrating.

2.) I also couldn’t stand the depth stop rod on it – especially compared to Bosch’s design. Bosch’s is very easy to adjust. With the DeWalt, you have to loosen the handle extensively in order for the rod to slide freely, then re-tighten it. It’s time consuming and annoying. With the Bosch, you push the button and slide the rod. Much better design.

3.) The vac tube sits off to the side which adds to the overall footprint of the tool and makes it more difficult to get into tight spots.

So the DeWalt got sent back.

Around that time, @austin brought to my attention that Bosch had come out with their newest 18v rotary hammer. A bit larger and heavier but with better specs and available (soon?) on-board dust extraction that is 100% in line with the body of the tool rather than partially off to the side.

With the new OSHA standards, and World of Concrete 2017 introductions, I’ve kind of been looking for the right deal. This morning, found a seller on eBay that had the complete kit listed at a Buy it Now of $429 with $16.89 shipping with the Make Offer option. Offered him $400 and he accepted. The kit sells for $549 on Amazon, so I’m pretty happy with the deal. Ironically, he’s about 10 minutes from me but won’t allow me to pick it up in person. Anyway, should have it Friday.

Does anyone know when the vac attachment is due to be released?

Resident Sign Guy

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@moze congrats, that looks like a nice rotary hammer, very curious to see how it compares to your dewalt,
    You said complete kit, is that with the 4.0Ah battery packs. Is it that newer fast charger.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

It actually comes with the 6.0 packs and yes, the fast charger.

Resident Sign Guy

Anonymous

Wow great deal Moze, That’s what I won at the WOC. I played with it a little and really liked it, The Bosch Rep said he’ll throw in 2 of the new 6.3 CORE batteries and fast charger for me….Does yours come with an Lbox and inlay? Not sure if mine will or not, Or if there’s even an inlay for it.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Thanks @Dabbs! Looking forward to receiving it. Not sure how he’s selling the entire kit for that much but I think he had one left.

Mine does come with the L-box and tray which I may or may not use.

Resident Sign Guy

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

The in-line dust extraction for the GBH18V-26 will be available May-ish. If we can get them to we will be putting it on the list. It might even show up in the Tool Testers club.

Here’s some videos that will give you a much better idea of what’s to come with the GDE18V-16 Dust Extraction Attachment that firs on the GBH18V-26 18 V EC Brushless 1 In. SDS-plus® Bulldog™ Rotary Hammer Kit (for more).

and…

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That is a sweet vac. I love how it connects! And it’s awesome that it runs off the tool’s battery. Nice work Bosch.

Thanks for sharing the videos @bethepro.

Charlie

Instagram

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

That’s great that it runs off the tools battery, and live that it goes on and off so easily.

Nice to see more little videos from woc too.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Can’t I just get that one dude in the video is using lol? @bethepro

Kidding…I’ll be happy to buy one, test one, whatever.

I’m trying to figure out if he doesn’t have the thing pressed against the wall in the second video, or what. Seems like there’s a ton of debris that’s not making it into the vac.

Resident Sign Guy

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Awesome glad you got the bosch. It socks you had to go through the Dewalt though.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Thanks again for the heads-up @austin

Resident Sign Guy

Anonymous

Wow way cool, I didn’t see that particular DC for it.

Mine does come with the L-box and tray which I may or may not use.

Good to know the insert tray is available, Thanks

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@dabbs I stand corrected, it doesn’t look like it comes in an L-box or with the tray.

Attachments:

Resident Sign Guy

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

@moze, didn’t you see how much was collected in the reservoir? Not to mention much better sight lines than the Dewalt solution.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@bethepro yes, I did see that and I’m sure it works great…wasn’t knocking it. If you look at the end of the vacuum tube, it doesn’t look like it’s flush against the wall a good portion of the time, which is why there’s debris.

Resident Sign Guy

Anonymous

@dabbs I stand corrected, it doesn’t look like it comes in an L-box or with the tray.

Oh I see, It’s a blow mold case. Heck that’ll do, Wish I would have used the DC for it now to answer your concerns. Love the idea of not having to deal with a big vac or 120v etc

Anonymous

@bethepro yes, I did see that and I’m sure it works great…wasn’t knocking it. If you look at the end of the vacuum tube, it doesn’t look like it’s flush against the wall a good portion of the time, which is why there’s debris.

Hey @moze, I found a link to the owners manual for the GDE18V-16 Dust Extraction Attachment. Ya gotta scroll down to page 7 for English, I’m thinking there’s a great possibility that in the video above it wasn’t quite adjusted properly for the bit he was using??? http://www.bosch-pt.com.my/my/pmdbmedia/d/obj/244663/lobtype/ORIGINAL_PDF/0x0@0/user_manual_244663_160992a19u.pdf

Moze
    Dallas, TX

It may have been an adjustment issue, not sure @dabbs. But you can clearly see in the video that the ‘shoe’ or whatever you want to call it isn’t flush against the concrete. You can even see the drill bit past the end of the shoe which just gives the debris an easier escape path than being vacuumed up.

Again, not knocking it. I’m sure it works perfectly fine.

Resident Sign Guy

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

It actually comes with the 6.0 packs and yes, the fast charger.

Wow, that’s a steal of a deal for sure. Congrats

Moze
    Dallas, TX

So the seller shipped yesterday and it arrived today. Not bad. A few pictures are attached to show it in comparison to the RHH181.

Something I noticed immediately: When holding the tool out in front of you with your finger(s) on the trigger as if you were ready to use it, it feels LIGHTER than the RHH181, which is actually around 2 pounds lighter. I even told my wife to close her eyes and hold one in each hand down at her side. Asked her which was heavier, she said the GBH (the new one). Told her to hold them out as if she were going to drill something and she immediately said ‘now the other one (RHH) feels heavier’. So the positioning of the trigger so that it’s toward the top of the tool rather than half way down actually makes it less nose-heavy, which makes total sense. So good job, Bosch!

I was also pretty happy that it fits in the DeWalt Tstak drawers.

Resident Sign Guy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.696 seconds