dcsimg

Bosch FSN Guide Rail Systems – Track saw tracks

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Author

This is a thread to share pictures and compatibilities for Bosch track saw guide rails

There are two generations, and both are still readily available from sources in Europe and Asia.

The old generation line has the model numbers FSN 70 and FSN 140. (the number is the length in cm)

The new generation line has the model numbers FSN 800, FSN 1100, FSN 1600, FSN 2100 and FSN 3100 (the number is the length in mm – the 3100mm is 10ft2in)

The only place I have found that has most components of both sets listed is here:
    http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Bosch-Guide-Rail-System__c-p-0-0-12732812.aspx

One review on btp discussing the old rails can be found here
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/making-the-bosch-18v-circular-saw-the-best-it-can-be/

OLD SYSTEM

The FSN 70 (27.6 inches) and FSN 140 ( 55.2 inches) have a single guide ridge and rubber strips on either side, that are cut into the first time they are used, making a perfect cut line. There are good non-slip strips on the bottom as well as a groove to hold track saw clamps

Usage as-is
    This rail system can accomodate the 18V Bosch Circular Saw, model CCS180. Works well, fits perfectly. Rubber strips get cut and the CCS180 follows the line from then on.

Connectors
    Bosch 1602319003 Guide Rail Connector
    A bar that rides under the rails to connect two together from the clamp groove.

Clamps
    Officially, these are the clamps.
    Bosch 2608000426 Pair Of G Clamps

I use Shop fox ones designed to hold sacrificial fences to table saws. Much cheaper on Amazon.ca then importing. Would like to see if the dewalt track saw clamps fit.

Other tools.
    Jigsaw
    Using the JA1010 (available in North America) edge guide, you can invert it and ride on the old rails. From there, you can adjust to the edge of the rails, but ride beside it, not on it. Blade will be offset from the edge, but will cut perfectly straight.
    https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/jig-saw-attachments-ja1010-36088-p/

Router.
    Using the rails from the (easily available in NA, and on the redemption list) Deluxe router guide RA1054
    https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/router-attachments-medium-large-routers-ra1054-27229-p/
    With the NAINA router guide
    Bosch 2609200143 Router Attachment
    The router can be run from the old FSN rails perfectly.

Other Circular Saws
    Bosch make a shoe that will allow non-CCS180 circular saws to use this track. I have not yet tried it, but am considering it if it would work with my wormdrive
    Bosch 1608000114 Glide Shoe For Guide Rail

Other tools
    Bosch 2607001375 Adapter For Guide Rail
    With this part, anything that has a slot for an edge guide can follow the rail well. This is a perfect fit in width for the wormdrive saw, but the saw shoe is too thick so it lifts the adapter off the guide rail unless I put a 1/8 riser under the rail (PITA). Between this, and the jigsaw attachment above (which handles a thicker shoe such as on the wormdrive and on a jigsaw) most tools are covered.

NEW SYSTEM

I dont have this one, and don’t know it as well, but here is what I do know

Rails are made for/with Mafell so there is perfect cross compatibility between Bosch and Mafell Tracks and Track Saws

Many more sizes to choose from (the number is in mm)
    FSN 800 (about 31.5 inches), FSN 1100, FSN 1600, FSN 2100 and FSN 3100 (about 10ft2in)

There is a master kit that includes clamps, a version of the 800 rail that has stops for making pin holes (great for making benchtop dog holes or a @woodman_412 MPT)
    thread about it:
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/fsn-ofa-32-kit/

The connecting piece is supposedly a huge step up, ensuring accurate alignment

An angle guide is available to accurately set the reference from the cutting edge (on the old system, you need to measure it out yourself and even use a protractor/angle guide)

Also, there is a new 18v (still brushed motor) circular saw that was recently released in europe that rides on the new rails, and that has a right-side blade.

One the new series, any tool’s european twin that has a G at the end of the model number will ride on the new series FSN guide rails.

@wbembrid
    picked up the Bosch track saw that is similar or identical to the Mafell and so can probably tell more. Can you please share a few profile pics of the track similar to what I did above. Would help to figure out if some new rail accessories might work on the old rails or vice-versa.

His review
    http://bethepro.com/btp-review-bosch-track-saw-gkt-55-gce-110v/

Also, a pic put up by @thedude306 showing that the jigsaw edge guide I talk about in the old rail post still works with the new rails too. Also, closest thing to a profile shot of the new rails Ive ever seen.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OLD SYSTEM

The FSN 70 (27.6 inches) and FSN 140 ( 55.2 inches) have a single guide ridge and rubber strips on either side, that are cut into the first time they are used, making a perfect cut line. There are good non-slip strips on the bottom as well as a groove to hold track saw clamps

Usage as-is
    This rail system can accomodate the 18V Bosch Circular Saw, model CCS180. Works well, fits perfectly. Rubber strips get cut and the CCS180 follows the line from then on.

Connectors
    Bosch 1602319003 Guide Rail Connector
    A bar that rides under the rails to connect two together from the clamp groove.

Clamps
    Officially, these are the clamps.
    Bosch 2608000426 Pair Of G Clamps

I use Shop fox ones designed to hold sacrificial fences to table saws. Much cheaper on Amazon.ca then importing. Would like to see if the dewalt track saw clamps fit.

Other tools.
    Jigsaw
    Using the JA1010 (available in North America) edge guide, you can invert it and ride on the old rails. From there, you can adjust to the edge of the rails, but ride beside it, not on it. Blade will be offset from the edge, but will cut perfectly straight.
    https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/jig-saw-attachments-ja1010-36088-p/

Router.
    Using the rails from the (easily available in NA, and on the redemption list) Deluxe router guide RA1054
    https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/router-attachments-medium-large-routers-ra1054-27229-p/
    With the NAINA router guide
    Bosch 2609200143 Router Attachment
    The router can be run from the old FSN rails perfectly.

Other Circular Saws
    Bosch make a shoe that will allow non-CCS180 circular saws to use this track. I have not yet tried it, but am considering it if it would work with my wormdrive
    Bosch 1608000114 Glide Shoe For Guide Rail

Other tools
    Bosch 2607001375 Adapter For Guide Rail
    With this part, anything that has a slot for an edge guide can follow the rail well. This is a perfect fit in width for the wormdrive saw, but the saw shoe is too thick so it lifts the adapter off the guide rail unless I put a 1/8 riser under the rail (PITA). Between this, and the jigsaw attachment above (which handles a thicker shoe such as on the wormdrive and on a jigsaw) most tools are covered.

I’m still playing catch up a bit on all this but my main question is; Are the FSN70 & 140 rails easily available?

I’m still playing catch up a bit on all this but my main question is; Are the FSN70 & 140 rails easily available?

yes, but you need to keep an eye on currency rates.

I have one 70 and two 140s (that covers my needs) and a single connector (but may add another so I can edge joint a 12 foot board)

One was from amazon.co.uk at a good price. Next time I went, price was the same but worked out way higher in Canadian then before. Looked at Amazon france, italy, and spain and they all had different prices in Euros, which at the time worked out to cheaper than UK pounds, and shipping was about the same. My browser translated the pages, so I didnt really need to know the language.
    Right now, FSN 140 is 100 UK pounds or 126 USD. From amazon.fr, its 100 Euros, or close to 100 USD.

other places that tend to carry them are Lawson HIS in the UK – its where a lot of the new rails get imported from. Good store.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have one 70 and two 140s (that covers my needs) and a single connector (but may add another so I can edge joint a 12 foot board)

One was from amazon.co.uk at a good price. Next time I went, price was the same but worked out way higher in Canadian then before. Looked at Amazon france, italy, and spain and they all had different prices in Euros, which at the time worked out to cheaper than UK pounds, and shipping was about the same. My browser translated the pages, so I didnt really need to know the language.
    Right now, FSN 140 is 100 UK pounds or 126 USD. From amazon.fr, its 100 Euros, or close to 100 USD.

other places that tend to carry them are Lawson HIS in the UK – its where a lot of the new rails get imported from. Good store.

Yikes, Thanks but that doesn’t sound as easy as I was hoping. I’ve never ordered anything from those foreign Amazo sites, Kinda scary

Yikes, Thanks but that doesn’t sound as easy as I was hoping. I’ve never ordered anything from those foreign Amazo sites, Kinda scary

If you already have the tools, the rails are a lot cheaper than buying into a full system and most rails here are close to that price anyways

I am also kind of wary of buying from random places in other countries, but Amazon is Amazon. Your same login works and they already have your preferred address and payment if that is set up on the us site. Still Amazon policies and amazon customer service. Amazon is still a US company, this is just a local distribution warehouse with local inventory

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

how does it compare to the festool rails and system?

Doobie

Good idea starting this thread Eric. 👍

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you already have the tools, the rails are a lot cheaper than buying into a full system and most rails here are close to that price anyways

I am also kind of wary of buying from random places in other countries, but Amazon is Amazon. Your same login works and they already have your preferred address and payment if that is set up on the us site. Still Amazon policies and amazon customer service. Amazon is still a US company, this is just a local distribution warehouse with local inventory

Hmmm, Well yes I already do have all of that. Hmm, Maybe I’ll give it a go with something small first and see how it goes. Guess I really don’t know what I’m afraid of

Hmmm, Well yes I already do have all of that. Hmm, Maybe I’ll give it a go with something small first and see how it goes

One tip, try the other shipping options if there are than one. Sometimes basic shipping is really expensive and express is only a couple of bucks. Go figure

@doobie
    hope it helps someone. Since you have the Festool (Is it the ts55 or ts75?) can you post some pocs of the rail, ideally showing the profile? Maybe we will see opportunities somewhere

Anonymous
    Inactive

One tip, try the other shipping options if there are than one. Sometimes basic shipping is really expensive and express is only a couple of bucks. Go figure

Well that’s weird, Good to know. I guess there ain’t no chance of ‘Prime’?

Doobie

@doobie hope it helps someone. Since you have the Festool (Is it the ts55 or ts75?) can you post some pocs of the rail, ideally showing the profile? Maybe we will see opportunities somewhere

Sure. Lemme get out to the shop. Back with pics shortly.

Well that’s weird, Good to know. I guess there ain’t no chance of ‘Prime’?

Probably not, but American Prime accounts do get some stuff that Canadians dont. Maybe international shipping is part of it, but I really doubt it.

Just dont think of the shipping cost as shipping, think of it as part of total cost. ive gotten some stuff overseas for cheaper than in my local store, even factoring in absurd shipping.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

did you have any issues getting flat tracks? I’ve heard people have had to keep exchanging until they finally get a set that will lay flat.

did you have any issues getting flat tracks? I’ve heard people have had to keep exchanging until they finally get a set that will lay flat.

None whatsoever. They (the old style rails) have a bit of flex to them, so they will somewhat follow the bow of the wood if there is one but on flat sheets, they lie perfectly flat.

My only issue with them is that the connector requires a screwdriver to adjust (set screws) and if I dont make sure there is no gap, I can get out of alignment. Ive heard the newer design solves that. Never messed me up, just enough of an irritant that I mention it.

Doobie

@doobie hope it helps someone. Since you have the Festool (Is it the ts55 or ts75?) can you post some pocs of the rail, ideally showing the profile? Maybe we will see opportunities somewhere

Here ya go!

Here ya go!

perfect! Thanks!

Interesting how the ridge is about the same distance in, but how it is far narrower. I see nothing that would indicate compatibility in either direction. Shame. Now we need some New Bosch rails.

Someone asked about the dimensions for the profile of the new rail and I had made a topic. I have the new rails and the system but I have Mafell tracksaw and jigsaw so I can’t answer any questions about the NAINA Bosch tracksaw aside from it being very similar to the Mafell (A built to price version)

@kswiss

The new rails are fairly thin and have a little give if you place them on something that isn’t flat or if they aren’t flat they’ll end up laying flat.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Not having my own track saw yet, I will probably go with the mafell/bosch track system over the festool. I really like how the router attachment is universal and can be used on any router. Plus if the new Bosch saw ever comes out here it will be nice to have that to ride on the rails.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.337 seconds