dcsimg

Bosch FNS138-23 23-Gauge 1-3/8-Inch Pin Nailer Review – BTP Review

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Review brought back from the dead! All are welcome. I’m still very happy.

kzcarp
    Pro

Review brought back from the dead! All are welcome. I’m still very happy.

Really. I’m not sure how I missed this back in June.
    Your experiences pretty much are the same as mine with the pinner. The safety just takes a bit to get the hang of, otherwise I think they pretty much nailed it with this tool.

kevin

Glad it was brought back up. Nice review, and the fact that your still backing it makes it better.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thanks for the review. I have never used one of these or even seen one so it was nice to learn something new.

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Thanks for the review. I want this nailer, but what kind of brand do you guys use on the pin nails?

I’ve used everything from Grex to store brand pins with zero problems. Nothing jambs the gun.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

**Update**

Ive been using this nailer for the past 10 months or so and for the most part it has been great. Now I say the most part because when it’s working it’s amazing. However I keep all my tools in my truck bed all the time and with the extreme cold the nailer won’t shoot. If I bring it into the house for a bit before I need to shoot it the gun is fine.

When I know I’m going to use it I bring the nailer into my truck for the ride to the job site and then it is fine. My bosch 18g or max framing nailer doesn’t have this problem and neither do either of my gas paslode framing or 26g.

Not a big problem and maybe won’t happen again. We haven’t had this type of cold in over 10 years.

Cold temperature really plays hvac on tools left in cold overtime .

Always willing to learn .

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Cold temperature really plays hvac on tools left in cold overtime .

Strange that it is just that one. Nothing else has a problem. Also my portal cable left next to it works fine coming from the same situation. Minus the jambing lol

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Odd that it’s the only gun you have that wont shoot when cold.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Odd that it’s the only gun you have that wont shoot when cold.

That’s what I’m saying. They all get oil and everything. Granted. The gun is COLD when it won’t shoot. Air come out of the tip but the pin is frozen I think. Works when warmed up slightly

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.241 seconds