dcsimg

Bosch 18V LED Floodlight – GLI18V-1900N

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

So, I brought mine camping and it was almost too bright to use! I’m looking for opportunities to put it to work, but I’m thinking it’ll have to wait till I’m in a crawl space or some other completely unlighted ar a where I can set it up and then be working a bit away from it. Or maybe ha e it suspended up above my work space… Anyone else feel the same?

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So, I brought mine camping and it was almost too bright to use!

It probably is not a good camping light, provides illumination to light a work space rather than a general area. I know it can really make the underside of a car pop out when it is on the lift. Does a good job of that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

Is this floodlight IP rated?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@bbernardesjr87
    not the current model (GLI 18V-1900N – non bluetooth), but the next model will be “GLI 18V-1900C” -> IP64

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

@bbernardesjr87
    not the current model (GLI 18V-1900N – non bluetooth), but the next model will be “GLI 18V-1900C” -> IP64

Hey Alex, thanks for info! By the way IP64 means what?
    I might get one If I can use it in humid and dusty places like when I do inspections under some roofs.

RyanF
    Pro

@bbernardesjr87

I might get one If I can use it in humid and dusty places like when I do inspections under some roofs.

I would say if the light fails bc of those conditions, just go ahead and check the “home uninhabitable” box and call it a day.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@bbernardesjr87

IP64 protection = dustproof and splashproof

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh so that is what that spec is. Thank you

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Used mine the other night, oh man, wasn’t the best idea, took the dogs out late at night to do their business,
    I forgot about the wasp nest besides my patio doors
    They were all over my light and me lol my neighbors probably must of had a great laugh watching me do that chicken dance Lmao, I left the light on and left it on the floor about 20 feet from the patio doors, must have been around 20 something wasps around the light,
    This is definitely one of those times I wish I had the Bluetooth features lol
    Anyway, went back out with the smaller 18 volt GLI18V, turned out the floodlight, and ran back into the house lol, one thing for sure, that floodlight definitely gives off some great light.

Oh, and got rid of the wasp nest early in the morning, after I sprayed one shot on it.

Doobie

@bbernardesjr87

I wonder if that is rated taking the battery mounted on it into consideration. Unlike the IP64 rated PowerBox PB360 radio that has a protected housing for the battery, the LED light does not have protection for the battery.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

Cheers Alex @madman_us, that will do for sure…sometimes when the rain comes fast I do not have time to pack up every tool.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Used mine the other night, oh man, wasn’t the best idea, took the dogs out late at night to do their business,
    They were all over my light and me lol my neighbors probably must of had a great laugh watching me do that chicken dance Lmao, I left the light on and left it on the floor about 20 feet from the patio doors, must have been around 20 something wasps around the light,
    Anyway, went back out with the smaller 18 volt GLI18V, turned out the floodlight, and ran back into the house lol, one thing for sure, that floodlight definitely gives off some great light.

Oh, and got rid of the wasp nest early in the morning, after I sprayed one shot on it.

Dang! That sounds like a close call – I had no idea wasps were attracted to light like moths are. Good to know! Glad you got that neat taken care of. Stung people are a bummer, but pets are a whole different matter. They’re so sad and personally insulted when they’re hurt like that!

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I wonder if that is rated taking the battery mounted on it into consideration. Unlike the IP64 rated PowerBox PB360 radio that has a protected housing for the battery, the LED light does not have protection for the battery.

@Doobie
    The C-model (bluetooth) is build different from the N-model (non bluetooth).
    A lid encloses the battery and seals it off with a rubber gasket, so that’s why the C-model is IP64 rated.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@doobie
    A lid encloses the battery and seals it off with a rubber gasket, so that’s why the C-model is IP64 rated.

Whoa, that’s some seriously rigid looking lighting!

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Thanks for clearing that up Alex. I thought you were referring to the 1900 model I just bought. Excuse me now while I go run and retrieve it it out from the rain I just left it in. Doh!

😉

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Thanks for clearing that up Alex. I thought you were referring to the 1900 model I just bought. Excuse me now while I go run and retrieve it it out from the rain I just left it in. Doh!

No worries haha
    It can get quite confusing with all those different model numbers.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Dang! That sounds like a close call – I had no idea wasps were attracted to light like moths are. Good to know! Glad you got that neat taken care of. Stung people are a bummer, but pets are a whole different matter. They’re so sad and personally insulted when they’re hurt like that!

Haha yeah neither did I, those floodlights give off some nice bright light.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yes that a pretty bright light. I see why people want one. Bluetooth feature sounds pretty nice.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

No worries haha
    It can get quite confusing with all those different model numbers.

It sure does. I have to look up model numbers all the time it seems. I just can’t keep track of them in my head especially when it comes to their drills. There are just so many of them.

We also provide led Floodlight, but we do a wholesale business USA! so if you need wholesale led floodlight, please be free to contact us: https://wistalighting.com/led-outdoor-light/led-flood-light-usa/

@Chad

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 402 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.837 seconds