dcsimg

Bosch Floodlight

This topic contains 290 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John S supimeister 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 291 total)
  • Author

Its time to reveal a new product which got introduced at a convention.
    The “Bosch Blue Innovation Summit 2016” in Frankfurt, Germany
    This item counts to bosch’s new bluetooth / track my tools products.
    First of all I have no clue when and where we can see this item.

a few information:
    product name: GLI 18V-1900 C
    Floodlight feature is integrated in the Bosch app via bluetooth.
    Battery Status is shown in the app
    Can be turned on / off via the app, even dimmable.
    timer funtion for when to go on and off and when to dim.
    If you have several floodlights at the job site. you can group them and control them all at once.

The GLI 18 V-1900 C Professional worklight offered by Bosch quickly provides ideal lighting for work spaces.
    The brightness of this worklight can be conveniently changed using a smartphone, enabling tradespeople to prevent shadows, for instance.
    The brightness values for this cordless light, which can achieve a brightness of up to 1,900 Lumen, can be customized and then saved for use the next day, saving time that would otherwise be spent adjusting it again.

release date (I’ve heard) : fall 2016

From autumn 2016, Bosch Power Tools will be offering a total of seven new connected tools: A combi laser, two screwdrivers, two combi drills, an angle grinder and a workplace light (floodlight)

My main focus was on the floodlight but here are some information to the angle grinder:
    The new angle grinder includes a display with touch function to change different settings.
    the display also shows you the battery status all the time.
    3 different speed settings.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Profile photo of Delta
    Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

The light looks like it might be nice, probably an answer to the Milwaukee 2360, but I just don’t get why people have to use a telephone to do every little thing in life. Pretty soon, people won’t be able to eat, sleep, $#!t, and the other, without an “app”.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

Profile photo of Austin
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Umm yes please. I was thinking about getting the milwaukee light with a couple batteries but if I can get this then that would be awesome.

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The brightness is impressive, but I don’t get the point to the Bluetooth…unless the light is mounted up high and is out of reach, I’d prefer to simply press a button on the unit as opposed to pulling out my phone.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction

The bluetooth isn’t as interesting as actually seeing some of the NAINA tools actually coming here.

@madman_us
    Do you have any more information about the other tools like the drivers and drills?

Profile photo of Brian
    Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@madman_us, nice, I would like that to get here eventually,

I normally don’t go for all this gadget stuff, but think this would be a good feature,
    I worked on a couple of jobs that we arrived early in the morning, no light, and other times later at night, would be nice to pull up and turn on the lights via Bluetooth.

This sounds like a great light. Being controlled and adjusted by an app is definitely the wave of the future. As long as there are on board buttons to control the light also, I am fine with the Bluetooth app. Otherwise app only requires a smartphone or laptop which could complicate things at times.

Do you have any more information about the other tools like the drivers and drills?

@reflector
    I can try to get some info on the drill/drivers.

As long as there are on board buttons to control the light also, I am fine with the Bluetooth app

I am pretty sure that you can operate the floodlight the old fashion way with a button. the bluetooth is just an extra feature/bonus.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Profile photo of Frank
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Looks like a nice light with good lumin. No pictures of the light on?
    It would be nice to see how it would illuminate a room. I could do without the BT features. Jon mentioned, a simple push of the button to turn it on and off.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

The light looks like it might be nice, probably an answer to the Milwaukee 2360, but I just don’t get why people have to use a telephone to do every little thing in life. Pretty soon, people won’t be able to eat, sleep, $#!t, and the other, without an “app”.

Delta

I totally agree, why does a drill need to be connected to a phone. However, if the light is half as cool as the 12v ones, it will be great.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

@madman_us, nice, I would like that to get here eventually,

I normally don’t go for all this gadget stuff, but think this would be a good feature,
    I worked on a couple of jobs that we arrived early in the morning, no light, and other times later at night, would be nice to pull up and turn on the lights via Bluetooth.

I stand by my previous statement, however, this is a good argument for the Bluetooth.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Profile photo of Daniel
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I would love to see a brighter 18v light for sure. I could live without the bluetooth and the corresponding lower price tag

Profile photo of Chad
    ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Looks like a pretty nice light. The Bluetooth is a nice option, maybe not something everyone will use but some will and it keeps Bosch in line with competitors who are also incorporating bluetooth into their product line.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Looks like a nice light with good lumin. No pictures of the light on?
    It would be nice to see how it would illuminate a room. I could do without the BT features. Jon mentioned, a simple push of the button to turn it on and off.

I have a few pictures when the light is on but you don’t really see anything because its facing towards the camera. no other pictures yet for instance lighting up a room or something similar.
    Like I said, I am pretty sure it will have a push botton.
    Why should bosch limit the floodlight to users with cellphones, right?!
    What I don’t know yet if you can hook it up to AC. With adapter like the PB180 or if it just gets a 3-prong cord in the back what you can wind up or hide in the back.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Profile photo of Austin
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

As/DC would be awesome to have on the light. There are a lot of times when electric is plenty and not everyone has plenty of batteries.

Also the Bluetooth stuff is awesome. I don’t think most people realize how Milwaukees system works. You don’t have to take you phone out every time you use your drill. You preset it with your phone and then you hit your button on the drill to change the setting to something that you have set with your phone ahead of time.

Profile photo of Austin
    Clev08
    Pro

As/DC would be awesome to have on the light. There are a lot of times when electric is plenty and not everyone has plenty of batteries.

Also the Bluetooth stuff is awesome. I don’t think most people realize how Milwaukees system works. You don’t have to take you phone out every time you use your drill. You preset it with your phone and then you hit your button on the drill to change the setting to something that you have set with your phone ahead of time.

The option to plug in a light like this is huge, especially for all day use. I believe Milwaukee is coming out with a new stand light that will plug in and charge a battery, as well as run on it.

Profile photo of Brian
    Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I can’t see this flood light not having a on / off button, like mentioned not everyone has a smartphone,

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I want this, I need a flood light, The bluetooth will be an interesting add on, but i just want the light on and at full power all the time.

Profile photo of Austin
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@clev08 yes I heard that maybe coming. One of the lights they already have is ac/DC and it’s second gen so I think the other ones will be that way for the next gen

yes I heard that maybe coming. One of the lights they already have is ac/DC and it’s second gen so I think the other ones will be that way for the next gen

which light are you talking about? @austin

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 291 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.169 seconds