dcsimg

Bosch FIVE in one 18v drill

Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • Author

I was doing something on my truck and I needed this offcenter drill yesterday

Do you have one Ibrahim, or you mean that would have been great while working on your truck,
    It does look very practical

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Flexi is on sale over on amazon for $30 off. Not sure how long the sale will last.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The Flexi is on sale over on amazon for $30 off. Not sure how long the sale will last.

Does that make it 139$?? That’s a good deal.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

So many of you are hyping that drill – when I got to play with it a bit I wasn’t really impressed with the need to get one, since I have both the 31/41 and 32/42 12v sets at home and work, but, man!, the pressure of repeatedly hearing about people getting one and then sales …Bosch is definitely doing well off this forum! I am about *this* close to ordering one myself…I mean, I at least could use more batteries, right? LOL! #rationalization

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Robs video had a couple of neat tips that the manual that came with the tool did not cover

First you can put hex bits directly in the tool with putting on a head unit. This will make for an even more compact driver

Second you can combine head units like the right angle head and the drill head, to make a right angle drill.

I learned that too. Nicer versatillity than I realized.

But lile he pointed out also, why cpuldn’t they have gone with the traditional pull mechanism for the hex attachmemt. That’s gonna take a little getting used to for me.

My guess is that they figure that the constant pulling when changing bits might have an event lol (effect) on the locking mechanism for the Flexi click system,
    Just a guess,

darn smartphones lol choosing words for me

I actually put mine to real use yesterday for the first time. To have to depress rather than pull the hex chuck didn’t bother me. In fact, it seems it’s a better way of having it for ease of bit changes. It’s just we’re so used to the opposite way. I wonder if this is the direction they’ll all be going, or if it’s just due to some design necessity inherent to the Flexi system.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Does that make it 139$?? That’s a good deal.

Actually $169.00 amazon also has their $20 off $100 on Bosch tools through the end of October.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Robs video had a couple of neat tips that the manual that came with the tool did not cover

First you can put hex bits directly in the tool with putting on a head unit. This will make for an even more compact driver

Second you can combine head units like the right angle head and the drill head, to make a right angle drill.

But lile he pointed out also, why cpuldn’t they have gone with the traditional pull mechanism for the hex attachmemt. That’s gonna take a little getting used to for me.

My guess is that they figure that the constant pulling when changing bits might have an event lol (effect) on the locking mechanism for the Flexi click system,
    Just a guess,

I actually put mine to real use yesterday for the first time. To have to depress rather than pull the hex chuck didn’t bother me. In fact, it seems it’s a better way of having it for ease of bit changes. It’s just we’re so used to the opposite way. I wonder if this is the direction they’ll all be going, or if it’s just due to some design necessity inherent to the Flexi system.

The push to release is actually an old design. It was abandoned probably 20 years ago in favour of the pull to release mainly to avoid accidental release of the bit by pushing the collar against some stray object. I have no idea why it would be incorporated in a current model. It’s definitely a deviation from standard practice.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Just a guess,

The push to release is actually an old design. It was abandoned probably 20 years ago in favour of the pull to release mainly to avoid accidental release of the bit by pushing the collar against some stray object. I have no idea why it would be incorporated in a current model. It’s definitely a deviation from standard practice.

Didn’t know that it was the standard long ago Peter. I only used standard drills back then, none of the driver/impact styles I have a bunch of now.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Just a guess,

Didn’t know that it was the standard long ago Peter. I only used standard drills back then, none of the driver/impact styles I have a bunch of now.

Quick change chucks were common in industrial applications for many years before construction tools adopted them

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It’s out of stock, but CPO still overs it for couple bucks more

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s out of stock,

Guess the sold out quick at that price. The Flexi has gotten good reviews from all who have tested it. It sounds gimmicky but it works.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s out of stock,

Guess the sold out quick at that price. The Flexi has gotten good reviews from all who have tested it. It sounds gimmicky but it works.

That’s what I have been seeing, plenty of good reviews.

This little drill is pretty good. On par with my Festool drills for versatility. I am working on my review. I would recommend it for sure to anyone needing this kind of drill. For the work I do, having interchangeable heads is a must. If I were just drilling and driving without need of a right angle or close to a corner and dI’d not need a compact drill body, then I would opt for a traditional drill/driver. But when you need to get into tight spaces, this one is hard to beat.

Orange County, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It’s out of stock,

yeah that’s what I assume too. The attachments are pretty good. they came in handy.
    Overall it’s a well build tool, doesn’t feel cheap.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

The only thing that the Flexi has missing is an impact mode.

Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.426 seconds