dcsimg

Bosch dust shroud for my 7" angle grinder .

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gerald Taylor gtaylor 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gerald Taylor
    gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

19-D.C.-7 dust shroud is the bomb . I was really dusting my house an neighborhood. This pretty much fixed it with my shop vacuum .

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . I'm retired as a railroad conductor an worked in the industry for 41 years . But as a hobby I worked in concrete public art . ( my works can be seen at imagesinconcrete.com . )
    But currently I create of one of a kind hand crafted granite furniture . ( my granite web site is
    taylormadebygerald.com )
    In my studio I make lazy Susan's an tables that can be personalized by sandblasting or deeply diamond engraved . The sand blasted image

Profile photo of Kyle
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

You should post up some pictures of your setup

Profile photo of Bill
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

19-D.C.-7 dust shroud is the bomb . I was really dusting my house an neighborhood. This pretty much fixed it with my shop vacuum .

Sounds great how does it work?

Profile photo of Frank
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@gtaylor,
    Is did you have to modify it to fit the 7″ grinder? Is this a Bosch grinder?

Pictures would be great

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Profile photo of Brian
    Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@gtaylor nice to have you drop in again,
    Taking care of the dust is always good,
    Miss seeing some of your work here.

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

You should post up some pictures of your setup

I was going to say, lets see some pictures. However my hilti is a regular grinder with the dust shroud attached so I can attest to the dust shrouds working amazing.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Here’s a short video I just uploaded to YouTube . Still a little dust . need to get a stronger shop vac .
    I had a Hilton grinder vacuum that would have worked much better .https://youtu.be/HHAEFWdCNpw

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . I'm retired as a railroad conductor an worked in the industry for 41 years . But as a hobby I worked in concrete public art . ( my works can be seen at imagesinconcrete.com . )
    But currently I create of one of a kind hand crafted granite furniture . ( my granite web site is
    taylormadebygerald.com )
    In my studio I make lazy Susan's an tables that can be personalized by sandblasting or deeply diamond engraved . The sand blasted image

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Thanks Brian , I just posted a clip .

taylormadebygerald.com )

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Hi Frank
    The grinder shroud attaches easily to my 7″
    1973 – . . Also its depth is adjustable An is made with heavier gauge steel than the standard shroud .

@gtaylor,

Pictures would be great

@gtaylor,

Pictures would be great

taylormadebygerald.com )

Profile photo of Frank
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Nice setup Gerald. ThanX for the vid.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Profile photo of Kevin
    Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I was just looking at a 7in Dewalt concrete cup grinder disk for $209 CDA at Lowes hangin on the pegboard in the tools hardware dept this morning. Man is that thing huge compared to my 5in cups.

Kevin.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Your welcome Frank . Just one of those accessories that makes work easier An safer . Before this just put a fan behind An blew the dust away from me .

Attachments:

taylormadebygerald.com )

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

I was just looking at a 7in Dewalt concrete cup grinder disk for $209 CDA at Lowes hangin on the pegboard in the tools hardware dept this morning. Man is that thing huge compared to my 5in cups.

The new grinders are so light weight compared to grinders 8 years ago . There more powerful less weight = less fatigue . In my granite work Im learning to let the weight of the angle grinder do the work .

taylormadebygerald.com )

Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s a short video I just uploaded to YouTube . Still a little dust . need to get a stronger shop vac .
    I had a Hilton grinder vacuum that would have worked much better . https://youtu.be/HHAEFWdCNpw

I know how much dust the grinder put out, it looks like the shroud gets most of it. Thanks for the you-tube video.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

I had a Hilton grinder vacuum that would have worked much better . https://youtu.be/HHAEFWdCNpw

I know how much dust the grinder put out, it looks like the shroud gets most of it. Thanks for the you-tube video.

Yea dirty even with a average
    Vacuum it gets about 80% . The filter stops up quickly so I just drop The vac a few times .

Attachments:

taylormadebygerald.com )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.999 seconds