dcsimg

Bosch Dust Extractor – lets talk

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 798 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I don’t bother having the part of the hose assembly attached on mine with the filter clean button. Since I never use the filter clean I didn’t figure it was worth having on there.

OK, so it’s an add-on component that attaches to what is a standard hose?

hmmmm Still not sure why it defaults “ON”

That sir is still the question I’ve been scratching my head on as well since I learned of it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I don’t bother having the part of the hose assembly attached on mine with the filter clean button. Since I never use the filter clean I didn’t figure it was worth having on there.

OK, so it’s an add-on component that attaches to what is a standard hose?

yes you are right.
    its pretty much the same besides of the interface nozzle.
    i looked in the specifications and what comes in the kit:

VAC140S
    10 ft. Vacuum Hose – VH1035
    Hose-Interface Nozzle – 2609200487
    Power Tool Adapter Nozzle – VX120
    Cellulose Flat Filter – VF100
    Plastic Bag VB00P (1 Bag)

VAC140A
    10 ft. Vacuum Hose – VH1035
    Power Tool Adapter Nozzle – VX120
    Cellulose Flat Filter – VF100
    Plastic Bag VB00P (1 Bag)

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I think I know how it works now which if I understand what you are saying works in this fashion.

Plug vac into wall. Plug tool into vac. Switch set to power tool activated on. Start using tool. AFC cycles every 15 seconds. Stop using tool. Depress AFC button. Start using tool again. Vac comes on but AFC does not cycle at all. Stop using tool and restart using. AFC still does not come on. Unplug tool from vac to use another tool. Start using other tool. AFC still does not come on. Stop using tool. Unplug vac from wall to move to another location. Restart using tool. AFC now comes on. Stop using tool. Unplug tool entirely. Set switch to ON and use vac hose with wand to sweep floor. AFC turns on. While vacuum still running, depress AFC button. AFC no longer cycles. Turn ON swith to OFF. Now turn it back to ON. Does the AFC come on then?

I can tolerate that! Initially I thought that each time I power down the tool the auto clean would I reset and come back on. Good to hear that it stays OFF until the vac is unplugged.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

I can tolerate that! Initially I thought that each time I power down the tool the auto clean would I reset and come back on. Good to hear that it stays OFF until the vac is unplugged.

See, I’m more inclined for a semi and its not because I already have a competitors auto clean vac either. More for the tendency to be a bag user.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

See, I’m more inclined for a semi and its not because I already have a competitors auto clean vac either. More for the tendency to be a bag user.

i noticed the Semi Extractors dont have the Power Broker dial

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

That doesn’t bother me. Or at least I don’t think so.

That’s maybe a good question for @woodman_412 Dan to answer. Has he ever had a tool usage situation that he kept tripping the breaker as a result of its high amperage draw plugged into the vac being a problem? I don’t recall him ever saying so.

woodman_412

That doesn’t bother me. Or at least I don’t think so.

That’s maybe a good question for woodman_412 Dan to answer. Has he ever had a tool usage situation that he kept tripping the breaker as a result of its high amperage draw plugged into the vac being a problem? I don’t recall him ever saying so.

I’ve never tripped a breaker Kevin with a tool and the vac together. In general though I’ve been sticking to the 5.5 amps max that the vac states for a tool that’s plugged into it just to be on the safe side. I was talking to an electrician friend of mine a few weeks ago about it and he said the tool will never get starved of power but you could potentially cause too much heat build up in the vacs electronics using a tool with too much amp draw which would be bad for it over time. I’ve been using my iVac switch with the remote lately with my Bosch extractor which for most applications I like better than the auto on and off that the vac gives since you have complete control. It lets me plug the tool into a separate outlet from the vac. Things like sanders etc I usually plug right into the vac.

Dan

danpattison.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’ve use the power broker dial all the time while sanding. For my use it’s more to control the suction. I don’t really use it for when I have a large draw on the vac.

I run my MT55 on it all the time, and I think Mafell claims a 1400W motor so that’s close to 12amps?? And I never hear the vac slow down like I do with my iVac on my rigid. (It does spin back up quickly)

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I’ve never tripped a breaker Kevin with a tool and the vac together. In general though I’ve been sticking to the 5.5 amps max that the vac states for a tool that’s plugged into it just to be on the safe side.

This has been a thought in my head from time to time. The breaker thing. I am not always hooked up to land power and a generator is a little more picky when it comes to things like this. The tools themselves also. My Kapex with not even start unless the genny is in full swing. So I have to have the “idle down switch” off or start the vac first then the Kapex. So I wonder if a dust collector with tool trigger activation would have the same problems?

Doobie

So how other than as Brad mentions is the power broker really a ‘power broker’ as it name implies?

Seems that the functional control of the regularity of amperage function on the tool amperage draw side is largely a moot issue with the power broker function. It sounds to me it is really lending itself to a suction function such as can be an issue with things like sanding or other tasks where getting a toned down level of suction from the vac is at a preferred functional optimal level of suction rather than the issue of managing blowing breakers because of overall tool and combined vac amperage breaking the bank so to speak.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I think I know how it works now which if I understand what you are saying works in this fashion.

Plug vac into wall. Plug tool into vac. Switch set to power tool activated on. Start using tool. AFC cycles every 15 seconds. Stop using tool. Depress AFC button. Start using tool again. Vac comes on but AFC does not cycle at all. Stop using tool and restart using. AFC still does not come on. Unplug tool from vac to use another tool. Start using other tool. AFC still does not come on. Stop using tool. Unplug vac from wall to move to another location. Restart using tool. AFC now comes on. Stop using tool. Unplug tool entirely. Set switch to ON and use vac hose with wand to sweep floor. AFC turns on. While vacuum still running, depress AFC button. AFC no longer cycles. Turn ON swith to OFF. Now turn it back to ON. Does the AFC come on then?

Thinking I understand how it operates, now. As long as you get into the habit of shutting the AFC off when you turn the vac on, there are no other differences and if i’m using a bag all the time with it then I can see getting the vac without the auto clean.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Thinking I understand how it operates, now. As long as you get into the habit of shutting the AFC off when you turn the vac on, there are no other differences and if i’m using a bag all the time with it then I can see getting the vac without the auto clean.

see I doubt i’ll use the bag as that is a hassle for me to run around grabbing the bag and i’d rather just run the dust deputy and let the fine dust in so I guess semi is the one I want. I may have to buy a few bags for when I do the concrete grinding though.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Exactly. Plus you get the power broker. I

Brad T

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Personally, I use all of those things…dust separator, bag and a final filter. It does cut down on the suction a bit, but nothing blows out of the exhaust..and most of the junk stays in the separator anyway.

Jon P.
    Instagram

I have to agree with Jon P.

Personally, I use all of those things…dust separator, bag and a final filter. It does cut down on the suction a bit, but nothing blows out of the exhaust..and most of the junk stays in the separator anyway.

My goal is to have no dust in the air that I can prevent so to me it is worth it.

W

Will

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

My goal is to have no dust in the air that I can prevent so to me it is worth it.

Definitely. I’d rather the vac system does the filtering as opposed to my lungs.

Jon P.
    Instagram

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The bags are essential to me for when emptying. The dumping of all those fines is SOOOO messy. At some point I would like a bigger container with bag for my dust deputy. Even emptying the pail is a PITA. I really think that having a variety of dust collection is the way to go.

Like so many things, the last thing you buy should really be the first. I found this true with the DC in my shop and on site. High quality vac for on site and a big CFM DC for the shop.

Brad T

Doobie

I guess semi is the one I want. I may have to buy a few bags for when I do the concrete grinding though.

You do not use bags for that.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I guess semi is the one I want. I may have to buy a few bags for when I do the concrete grinding though.

You do not use bags for that.

Actually, bosch recommends using their plastic, open top bag for concrete work. It’s kind of a half bag. It does make clean up nicer, and you use the auto clean function with it. (or at least I have with success) Obviously shouldn’t use a HEPA with the AFC.

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=VB000P

Brad T

Doobie

Actually, bosch recommends using their plastic, open top bag for concrete work. It’s kind of a half bag.

That’s what I use with my Festool autoclean vac as well. I would characterize it more as a plastic liner than a bag though. I wouldn’t do concrete/drywall without it.

Just so R-ice understands, you cannot use a traditional ‘bag’ when doing concrete/drywall effectively. The dust cakes to the walls of the paper bag and suction drops off. It’s one of the main benefits of a self-cleaning filter. It’s removing the caked on dust that is building up on the filter that will allow suction to continue.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 798 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.988 seconds