dcsimg

Bosch Dust Extractor – lets talk

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 798 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

apparently paper bags are getting damaged with the filter cleaning mode. the hepa filter as well.

Nope. I’m not buying it. I’ve probably been through 60-70 bags in my autoclean vac and I haven’t had a single issue.

What type of bags are you using Jon?

Just the regular paper bags.

And you are not disabling the autoclean function? Don’t they advise to not use either a bag or a hepa with the self clean function in either types of their vacs?

Thats true, but the filter Will clog without a bag. The AC function does basically nothing against fine dust after a while. Yes, it prevents clogging for a bit, but eventually it will cake up just like a regular shop vac filter.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

apparently paper bags are getting damaged with the filter cleaning mode. the hepa filter as well.

Nope. I’m not buying it. I’ve probably been through 60-70 bags in my autoclean vac and I haven’t had a single issue.

And you are not disabling the autoclean function? Don’t they advise to not use either a bag or a hepa with the self clean function in either types of their vacs?

Thats true, but the filter Will clog without a bag. The AC function does basically nothing against fine dust after a while. Yes, it prevents clogging for a bit, but eventually it will cake up just like a regular shop vac filter.

So when say fine dust, I assume things like drywall dust of MDF dust? How often does the auto-clean function engage in the vac? In my Festool CT 36 AC it has a variable control dial for the self-clean function from none at all to every few seconds. I’ve not had a problem with its filter clogging using it for fine stuff without a bag so far.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

How often does the auto-clean function engage in the vac?

auto model every 15 seconds.

The AC function does basically nothing against fine dust after a while. Yes, it prevents clogging for a bit, but eventually it will cake up just like a regular shop vac filter.

aren’t the open bags used for concrete, drywall dust etc? I’ve seen those at the world of concrete and the filter clean function should clean off the filter by reversing the air flow.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Hey Jim @bethepro
    I just looked thru the filter for the VAC models and somehow the Bosch VB090R doesn’t show up anymore – Reusable Fleece Filter Bag for use with VAC090 Dust Extractor, 9-Gallon.
    Are they discontinued because they don’t sell well, or will we see a new/upgraded reusable bag, or is there another reason for it?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Okay , so you have the auto clean model , what size the 9 gallon , so do you turn off the auto clean function when you use the paper bags , I am still not decided on the auto clean , or the regular , for me its just shop and garage use ,

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

So when say fine dust, I assume things like drywall dust of MDF dust? How often does the auto-clean function engage in the vac? In my Festool CT 36 AC it has a variable control dial for the self-clean function from none at all to every few seconds. I’ve not had a problem with its filter clogging using it for fine stuff without a bag so far.

Or sanding dust…basically anything other than something the size of a planer chip.

Okay , so you have the auto clean model , what size the 9 gallon , so do you turn off the auto clean function when you use the paper bags , I am still not decided on the auto clean , or the regular , for me its just shop and garage use ,

Yes, mine is the 9 gallon. The only time I turn off the auto function is when I dont want to disturb a client with the thumping noise….nothing to do with using a bag or not in my case.

Jon P.
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Or sanding dust…basically anything other than something the size of a planer chip.

Yes, mine is the 9 gallon. The only time I turn off the auto function is when I dont want to disturb a client with the thumping noise….nothing to do with using a bag or not in my case.

Jon P.
    Instagram

@jponto07 okay thanks, makes sense not using the self clean for not disturbing clients

So just to make sure, when you have used the bags, and also use the self clean function, you never have had any issues.
    Good information, I’m presently thinking of either one at the moment.

Also not sure what size to get.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

jponto07 okay thanks, makes sense not using the self clean for not disturbing clients

So just to make sure, when you have used the bags, and also use the self clean function, you never have had any issues.

@boschmanbrian,
    Yes, I use the auto clean function with bags…never had an issue with the bags.

I would opt for the Auto model because of the power broker function alone. When sanding or using a tool with a really narrow dust tube, it helps to turn the power down and open the air relief valve.

Jon P.
    Instagram

jponto07 okay thanks, makes sense not using the self clean for not disturbing clients

@boschmanbrian,

I would opt for the Auto model because of the power broker function alone. When sanding or using a tool with a really narrow dust tube, it helps to turn the power down and open the air relief valve.

Thanks Jon, now it’s just to decide if I should go for the 9 or 14.

Not that I really need the bigger one,
    It’s basically home use or eventually if I start getting contracts again.
    But from what I’ve seen, you and Ibrahim are so far happy with the size of the 9 gallon

Thanks for the info about the bags and auto function

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@boschmanbrian
    the auto model (7.5amp) also have a higher “Max power tool draw” than the semi models (5.5amp).
    So you can plug in higher amp tools.

I do like the 14gal vacs because of the larger handle in the back and the casters.

The Note I posted earlier about the paper bags getting damage from the auto filter clean feature come from the dust extractor manual.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

@boschmanbrian,

Thanks Jon, now it’s just to decide if I should go for the 9 or 14.

Not that I really need the bigger one,
    It’s basically home use or eventually if I start getting contracts again.
    But from what I’ve seen, you and Ibrahim are so far happy with the size of the 9 gallon

Thanks for the info about the bags and auto function

I know I prefer the size of the 9. Easy enough to sit a dust deputy in front of it when doing a project that fills it too quickly but smaller when I want it to be

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I like the 9 gallon size myself. I will note that the bag is basically jammed full when its time to change it unlike cheaper vacs that need to be changed well before they are full. If you are used to a Shop vac for example, an equally sized Bosch will go much longer before needing a new bag.

Jon P.
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Great information on the Dust Extractor. It may be my next redemption. Thanks Guys

Thanks guys, getting better informed here definitely,
    This is great feedback and hands on information about tools and products from Bosch and the members from this site.

@jponto07 I remember you choosing the 9 because of lifting it up on your job you had, I think it was a window repair,

@madman_us and @montreal_woodworks
    Thanks for the help.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Thanks guys, getting better informed here definitely,
    This is great feedback and hands on information about tools and products from Bosch and the members from this site.

jponto07 I remember you choosing the 9 because of lifting it up on your job you had, I think it was a window repair,

madman_us and montreal_woodworks
    Thanks for the help.

True…the 9 gallon has been up a ladder or two! I got the little 12v vac during a window glazing job last spring…which let me leave the 9 gallon on the ground when possible.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Great information on the Dust Extractor. It may be my next redemption. Thanks Guys

The 90s is the one I have my eye on

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@jponto07 I agree my paper bags gets fulled to the top and doesn’t lose much suction even though its full to the top.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I agree my paper bags gets fulled to the top and doesn’t lose much suction even though its full to the top.

It’s just weird to me that they put that in the manual, that paper bags getting destroyed from the filter clean feature.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

@jponto07 I agree my paper bags gets fulled to the top and doesn’t lose much suction even though its full to the top.

Curious…can they get rock solid filed til they start filling the inlet hole and still work. Done that with Festool vacs a few times. It’s a bit of a PITA when that happens sometimes clearing out the passage, but at least you feel like you got your money’s worth out of the bag.

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 798 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.176 seconds