dcsimg

Bosch Dust Extractor – lets talk

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 798 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

all (original) Bosch filter bags come in a pack of 5 besides of

I see in my local WoodCraft store 3 packs of paper bags for 65$ I guess old stock before you were with Bosch..

did you get a chance to take a picture? would be nice to see it.
    never seen a 3-pack – you might be right, old stock before they change to 5-packs.

No I didn’t. Remember I’m a old guy,I own tools older than you, most of us old guys think people taking pis of product are just silly. Every time I see this I just shake my head. You can call them tho,, there’s only one WoodCraft on Oahu.

yeah it’s ok – no problem. We’ll just leave it like that.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

well, i have to call bosch today, the 9 gal dust extra while it works, has lost the semi afc + feature, i can’t activate it anymore. its weird, was working for the longest time and now is silent. I think the next dust extractor i’ll get will be fully automatic.

@r-ice
    how did your phone call with the bosch customer service turned out?
    are they able to repair it or did you decided to open it up and check the mechanism which austin mentioned ?!?!

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

all (original) Bosch filter bags come in a pack of 5 besides of

I see in my local WoodCraft store 3 packs of paper bags for 65$ I guess old stock before you were with Bosch..

did you get a chance to take a picture? would be nice to see it.
    never seen a 3-pack – you might be right, old stock before they change to 5-packs.

No I didn’t. Remember I’m a old guy,I own tools older than you, most of us old guys think people taking pis of product are just silly. Every time I see this I just shake my head. You can call them tho,, there’s only one WoodCraft on Oahu.

yeah it’s ok – no problem. We’ll just leave it like that.

Just for you madman.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

much appreciated DWB.
    That’s what I thought, bags for the airsweep in a 3pack (older dust extractor which bosch has discontinued and replaced with the new VAC style units)
    the current bags which I listed/posted and been talked about here are for the VAC series dust extractors. So VAC090S, VAC090A, VAC140S, VAC140A

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

well, i have to call bosch today, the 9 gal dust extra while it works, has lost the semi afc + feature, i can’t activate it anymore. its weird, was working for the longest time and now is silent. I think the next dust extractor i’ll get will be fully automatic.

@r-ice
    are they able to repair it or did you decided to open it up and check the mechanism which austin mentioned ?!?!

I ended up calling the tech centre and funny enough they said they had no idea what a vac90s was. I ended up getting to tall to someone else who knew what they were talking about but the automatic filter cleaner came back online so i decided just to leave it be and maybe do a thorough cleaning of it sometime soon.

Doobie

@r-ice

I ended up calling the tech centre and funny enough they said they had no idea what a vac90s was. I ended up getting to tall to someone else who knew what they were talking about but the automatic filter cleaner came back online so i decided just to leave it be and maybe do a thorough cleaning of it sometime soon.

So, no idea what caused that to initially stop working or what you did to correct it, if any?

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Been using a dust deputy on my bosch for the last week. I wish I would’ve got one sooner for it. Its going to save so many bags.

Been using a dust deputy on my bosch for the last week. I wish I would’ve got one sooner for it. Its going to save so many bags.

The dust deputy is such a simple design and so effective. Even catches drywall dust

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It’s a “expensive” investment for a piece of plastic but you save money on bags in the long run. I purchased the MiniCV06 which was around 100 bucks. Never bought a bag every since for my ridgid shop vac. I definitely want to get the DustDeputy as well to see which one works best. sometimes the fine dust gets into the vac. Or maybe the lid is not 100% sealed off and draws air.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Quite a nice video to share on here about the performance about the Bosch dust extractor but what I don’t get, a hepa filter in the auto model?!
    As far as I know, heard, and read you can’t (or maybe should not) use a HEPA filter with the filter cleaning feature. Same with the bags (below) the reversal of air will damage the air filter.

Note from the manual:
    filter cleaning must be turned off when using paper bags. The reversal of air during filter cleaning may damage the paper bag.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

The dust deputy is such a simple design and so effective. Even catches drywall dust

I don’t believe myself I will ever want a DD. Just doesn’t suit my setup or my overall dust extraction system.

I do get how many are allured to the DD, but for me, frankly I’m beyond that stage. Don’t take that the wrong way guys. It just would never make sense for me. I’ve focused so much without even realizing it over the years on being more dust efficient, I just surpassed the practicality/usefulness for a DD desire even though I originally thought I wanted one. Makes no sense now for me to get a DD on so many levels for me.

I don’t believe myself I will ever want a DD. Just doesn’t suit my setup or my overall dust extraction system.

I do get how many are allured to the DD, but for me, frankly I’m beyond that stage. Don’t take that the wrong way guys. It just would never make sense for me. I’ve focused so much without even realizing it over the years on being more dust efficient, I just surpassed the practicality/usefulness for a DD desire even though I originally thought I wanted one. Makes no sense now for me to get a DD on so many levels for me.

To each his own. I am not entirely certain that I would be using a DD with a reusable filter bag, but I prefer to have an easy method of dumping the stuff collected while still keeping the vac filters entirely unclogged

Also like being able to easily collect sanding dust somewhere I can get at it to make wood Filler

RyanF
    Pro

Be careful using the self cleaning feature with the Dust Deputy…

Cant imagine how self clean caused that. Self clean cuts out the suction

A lot of cheap painting buckets get collapsed by the suction in regular use though – I find only the ones that came with my DD, and the Orange homer buckets from HD don’t collapse. The Reno depot/Rona ones do – and thats with my Ridgid vac.

@madman_us nice video comparison,
    I didn’t hear anything about was that the paper or fleece bags,

Thanks for the video

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

That even happened to me before with my ridgid shop vac. The bucket wall is too thin or gets too weak, for instance, when standing outside in the sun while working.

I didn’t hear anything about was that the paper or fleece bags,

apparently paper bags are getting damaged with the filter cleaning mode. the hepa filter as well.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Hangman
    Pro

Love my Bosch Air Sweep Dust Extractor. Got attachments for all my jigsaws, table saw and 12′ Glide to keep my environment or others tidy…works like a charm. Got the reusable fleece bag for saw dust, still need some of the disposable bags!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

apparently paper bags are getting damaged with the filter cleaning mode. the hepa filter as well.

Nope. I’m not buying it. I’ve probably been through 60-70 bags in my autoclean vac and I haven’t had a single issue.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Nope. I’m not buying it. I’ve probably been through 60-70 bags in my autoclean vac and I haven’t had a single issue.

What type of bags are you using Jon?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

And you are not disabling the autoclean function? Don’t they advise to not use either a bag or a hepa with the self clean function in either types of their vacs?

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 798 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.621 seconds