dcsimg

Bosch Dust Extractor – lets talk

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 798 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Did you use a disposable fleece bag or your reusable one Brad?

Both. It was a mess with the reusable. I actually find it a pit of a pain to clean. Not as bad as with just the filter but it’s still a mess to clean. Now I only use the reusable for my own stuff. If I am doing a job I bill out the consumables.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Doobie

Brad, do you happen to know whether Festool hoses are connectable to the inlet of the Bosch vac and also the same fitting at the tool end?

woodman_412

Both. It was a mess with the reusable. I actually find it a pit of a pain to clean. Not as bad as with just the filter but it’s still a mess to clean. Now I only use the reusable for my own stuff. If I am doing a job I bill out the consumables.

I usually do the same thing with the bags Brad. If I’m doing a job for someone that is going to be messy to clean out of the reusable bag I use a disposable fleece bag. I find when you empty out the reusable bag and then shake it out well outdoors to get all the fine dust out of the fabric it ends up making a mess on you. Most times I’m willing to make a little mess outside though to gain the reusable advantage.

Dan

danpattison.com

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I am glad this thread was started. I was holding out for a Festool dust extractor but the Bosch might be in the cards instead. Although a was wanting a little smaller. 4-6 gallon would suit me fine but the 9 gallon Bosch might suit me a little better than I think.

The size of the 14 gallon has me a bit nervous. We have an older 15 gallon shop vac and that thing is a beast when full. I love our Midi for everyday use. The 9 gallon seams close to the CT26 in size.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

The size of the 14 gallon has me a bit nervous. We have an older 15 gallon shop vac and that thing is a beast when full. I love our Midi for everyday use. The 9 gallon seams close to the CT26 in size.

Yes the CT26 is what I have had my eye on. But I wanted it to have the auto clean. So that would be a plus for the Bosch. IMO

Doobie

I usually do the same thing with the bags Brad. If I’m doing a job for someone that is going to be messy to clean out of the reusable bag I use a disposable fleece bag. I find when you empty out the reusable bag and then shake it out well outdoors to get all the fine dust out of the fabric it ends up making a mess on you. Most times I’m willing to make a little mess outside though to gain the reusable advantage.

I used to try to empty my bags and reuse them, but now I just toss them and eat the cost. Just can’t be bothered with the hassle.

Yes the CT26 is what I have had my eye on. But I wanted it to have the auto clean. So that would be a plus for the Bosch. IMO

Yeah I think the Bosch has slightly better cfm’s than the Festools. I wonder if the 9 gallon bottom would be a direct swap for the 14 gallon head?

Andrew

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Yeah I think the Bosch has slightly better cfm’s than the Festools. I wonder if the 9 gallon bottom would be a direct swap for the 14 gallon head?

Yes, they are “almost” identical. I got a vac140a head and they fit on the bottom but there is no tool holder on the back. I will dig up pics

Brad T

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

CV06 Mini

well this solves it, I will just use the regular dust deputy on this machine when I get it.

I used to try to empty my bags and reuse them, but now I just toss them and eat the cost. Just can’t be bothered with the hassle.

trust me you gotta try out the dust deputy on your machine. it ends up making your filter last so much longer As all the dust goes in the bucket and only the super fine dust makes it to the filter.

Doobie

CV06 Mini

well this solves it, I will just use the regular dust deputy on this machine when I get it.

trust me you gotta try out the dust deputy on your machine. it ends up making your filter last so much longer As all the dust goes in the bucket and only the super fine dust makes it to the filter.

But using a bag accomplishes that.

I don’t really have the extra room for where I park my extractors for a dust deputy anyways in my setups. The big protruding cyclone head with be a nuisance for me.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

But using a bag accomplishes that.

I don’t really have the extra room for where I park my extractors for a dust deputy anyways in my setups. The big protruding cyclone head with be a nuisance for me.

Kevin nailed it for me as well. The dust deputy is a brilliant piece. It does exactly what it is supposed to, at a bit of a cost. Space(size), convenience and a small loss of suction.

The bags only effects suction. And with the AFC using no bag helps keep the filter clean or at least better through out it’s use.

And I like moving the VAC090A around. It fits under my bench, the hose has a power cord attached to it (all my tools have true one connectors on them) and I rarely have to remove the hose. With the DD (even one on top) it would become more cumbersome.

Brad T

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

If you could find a 14 gal canister, it might be nice to swap the VAC090A head back and forth if you need the extra capacity. Here is the VAC140A head on my VAC090A canister. Notice there is no tool holders on the back like the 090A

This picture is also a great example of why I wouldn’t want a DD integrated in the L-boxx. I always use it in this manner for setting a tool on top of.

@overanalyze

Untitled by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Brad T

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Festool has a Dust Deputy integrated on to a systainer for their vacs. It clips right on the of the vac like the L-Boxx also.

You could use a LBoxx-4 with a cyclone mounted on the lid and some 2.5″ vacuum loc line for a rigid connection with wide radii to reduce loss of flow.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

You could use a LBoxx-4 with a cyclone mounted on the lid and some 2.5″ vacuum loc line for a rigid connection with wide radii to reduce loss of flow.

great idea with a lboxx4 as a canister for the cyclone but how you get the box air tight ?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

That’s a good question. I was thinking in that case you’d put another container inside the LBoxx-4 that would have sealing on the top lip, so through the area where the hole penetrates the lid would be a lid with weather sealing, so on closure of the box it’ll seal against the inner container (Instead of the more complex structure of the LBoxx lid with hinges) and the vacuum will draw the seals down tighter.

That’s a good question. I was thinking in that case you’d put another container inside the LBoxx-4 that would have sealing on the top lip, so through the area where the hole penetrates the lid would be a lid with weather sealing, so on closure of the box it’ll seal against the inner container (Instead of the more complex structure of the LBoxx lid with hinges) and the vacuum will draw the seals down tighter.

At that point, may as well use an L-Rack-S and just add a container to the frame.

Great pic @thedude306! I do the same with my midi. The loss of tool storage wouldn’t bother me as I would probably buy another Festool compact cleaning kit and put it in an L-boxx to keep with the vac. It really seems like the smaller 9 gallon semi – auto clean vac is the better option. Of course I don’t “need” another vac…but 3 nice vacs…wait…4 nice vacs isn’t too many is it???

Andrew

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m been using the vacuum 090s for about 2 years now I chanced so far 3 main filter 10 papern inside bag and 1 reasuable fleece bag first of all fleece bag is not worth the money and doesn’t really last to long end piece doesnt.hold material is so cheap it didn’t even last couple months I put it on the side and been using paper bag since then vac090s is really powerfull well designed vacuum

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 798 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.112 seconds