dcsimg

Bosch Dust Extractor – lets talk

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 798 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Humidity might be part of it given dry weather prevents static charge from dissipating. I suspect the Bosch will be better with a three prong since I don’t get a lot of dust buildup on the vacuum. I’m more likely to see dust building up on the cyclone right now.

I wonder if dryness is my problem. Since it is much more humid now, I’ll drag it outside and try it.

I’ve started looking seriously into the Bosch extractors – The ability to latch on an lboxx stack is interesting given my small shop and the reviews are all top

Since I use a dust deputy, I dont much care about the capacity of the vac, which gets me leaning towards the 9 gallon rather than the 14 gallon models. Is there a difference in performance between them? Are there differences besides the capacity?

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I’ve started looking seriously into the Bosch extractors – The ability to latch on an lboxx stack is interesting given my small shop and the reviews are all top

Since I use a dust deputy, I dont much care about the capacity of the vac, which gets me leaning towards the 9 gallon rather than the 14 gallon models. Is there a difference in performance between them? Are there differences besides the capacity?

I am Pretty sure the head is exactly the same. The 14 does have a big handle on it and it looks like the wheels are a little more heavy duty. Also for what ever reason it says n the vac not to stack more than one l boxxes on and my over 30 pounds.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am Pretty sure the head is exactly the same. The 14 does have a big handle on it and it looks like the wheels are a little more heavy duty. Also for what ever reason it says n the vac not to stack more than one l boxxes on and my over 30 pounds.

I thought the heads were interchangeable, and the only difference was just collection size. My 9 gallon says the same about stacking only 1 lboxx, I think if you end up stacking more it just makes it tippy. I tried stacking all my lboxxes on it and trust me it made it really tippy.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I had about 3 lboxxes on it to roll it on to a side job and it didn’t want to roll to easily. I thing they have that warning on there so you don’t break the wheels.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I had about 3 lboxxes on it to roll it on to a side job and it didn’t want to roll to easily. I thing they have that warning on there so you don’t break the wheels.

Yes i forgot to mention that, it did get much harder to roll and much tippier if that is a word. I am kinda surprised they didn’t go with the same casters the dolly came with. Now those are some heavy duty casters.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My 9 gallon says the same about stacking only 1 lboxx, I think if you end up stacking more it just makes it tippy. I tried stacking all my lboxxes on it and trust me it made it really tippy.

That doesn’t look very stable at all. I think the 1 box limit is because it was designed so that 1 box could be stored on it to hold the vac accessories. It was not designed as an L-Dolley substitute.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My 9 gallon says the same about stacking only 1 lboxx, I think if you end up stacking more it just makes it tippy. I tried stacking all my lboxxes on it and trust me it made it really tippy.

That doesn’t look very stable at all. I think the 1 box limit is because it was designed so that 1 box could be stored on it to hold the vac accessories. It was not designed as an L-Dolley substitute.

Glad I asked. That was the main reason I was thinking of upgrading. Now I will just build a cart for the ridgid and use 3d printed lboxx clips so I can stack boxxes above

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I don’t think they set the weight limit because of the casters. Maybe just part of it. They look like the same ones from the L-Dolly
    But IMO rather for the motor housing of the extractor.

I attached a comparison of the specs of all dust extractor

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It would be nice to hear about reviews for silica using the vacs. I think they are meant to collect that also… Even reviews after tens of thousands of feet of mortar removal. I’m skeptical.

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I thought the heads were interchangeable, and the only difference was just collection size. My 9 gallon says the same about stacking only 1 lboxx, I think if you end up stacking more it just makes it tippy. I tried stacking all my lboxxes on it and trust me it made it really tippy.

Good thing it didn’t decide to tip over into your truck. That could have been ugly.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Good thing it didn’t decide to tip over into your truck. That could have been ugly.

Please tell me this was just the fun of taking the picture…

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Please tell me this was just the fun of taking the picture…

I’m lost too???

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I am pretty sure he stacked them all up on the dust extractor only to take a picture.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

It is a cool picture though 🙂

Will

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I’m sure it was for picture only. Nothing else front wheels are to small to roll it unless you drag it back words it’s more stable I put like 5 stacks on it and rolled it around. I have l cart too but sometimes it’s easy to bring from room to room

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Oh yeah mostly empty ones to get a photo for the tower of power thursdays. If those festool guys on Instagram can show off their sustained I thought I’d help the BeThePro hash tag with this photo.

Oh yeah mostly empty ones to get a photo for the tower of power thursdays. If those festool guys on Instagram can show off their sustained I thought I’d help the BeThePro hash tag with this photo.

Wonder what @masterbosch could pull off. Ive got twenty-some boxxes, but Im too lazy to empty them all for a (admittedly cool) pic

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Wonder what @masterbosch could pull off. Ive got twenty-some boxxes, but Im too lazy to empty them all for a (admittedly cool) pic

I think he said he could go around 30 foot. I can get to about 16′ I need to find a good spot to do it.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I think he said he could go around 30 foot. I can get to about 16′ I need to find a good spot to do it.

I think he has over 100 so maybe a bit higher than 30.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 798 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.949 seconds