dcsimg

Bosch Dust Extractor – lets talk

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 798 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

You cannot run a regular dust cyclone on the Festo CT series. Iโ€™m thinking that if you gotta turn the suction down on the Bosch, a regular dust cyclone wonโ€™t work on this neither. Maybe the upgraded Dust Deputy will work on Bosch, as Festool now has their own version.

What do you mean by a regular dust cyclone?

I meant the original one made of the white plastic that retails for around $75. There are choices now of what the Dust Deputy is made from to work safer/better with the more vacs.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I meant the original one made of the white plastic that retails for around $75. There are choices now of what the Dust Deputy is made from to work safer/better with the more vacs.

Yup, the newer one is made of anti static plastic. It was frying the electronics in the festool. Not sure if the bosch would have the same issues but I would imagine that any tool with a circuit board needs to handle static carefully.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@thedude306
    i found this one here on amazon.com:
    The auto filter clean (AFC) feature is always on when you turn on the device, and the manual says you have to disable it otherwise you ruin the $120 filter. (HEPA Filter)

is that true?!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Yes, the vacs with the auto clean function default to ON when you turn the dial on the vacuum. So that’s in tool activation mode, or just “ON”

There is a small button on the vac to turn OFF the AFC. It’s easy to do and can be done before the AFC pulses.

You can not reverse clean a HEPA filter. The pulse puts to much pressure on the .5 micron rating (I think) and blows holes in the filter material. And by holes I am guessing 2 microns?? And typically if you need HEPA filtration you are using a bag as well…

It doesn’t recommend using the AFC with bags. And really I don’t know why you would, nothing gets by the bags that I have ever seen.

Brad T

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

ok thanks man. was just curious.
    and how about if you have the dial on tool activation and you turn off the AFC.
    does it stay off when you use your tool for a long period of time, even with turning the tool on and off. you understand what i mean?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

When you use the tool activation, it stays off if you turn it off.

Brad T

Here’s a presentation video of the European version of the extractors. I believe they’re more or less the same as our NA models besides the voltage:

Very detailed review — thanks for all the insight, Brad. Glad your original vac got sorted out too. The Bosch has higher CFM than Festool — 150 vs. 137, if I remember.

Orange County, CA

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

This just pretty much moved up to number one on my list. I didn’t realize the versatility and different materials this thing will collect.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I really love the lboxx integration, this has gone up on my list, I still need the concrete surfacer first. However this is really awesome and I can’t wait to use it.

Yup, the newer one is made of anti static plastic. It was frying the electronics in the festool. Not sure if the bosch would have the same issues but I would imagine that any tool with a circuit board needs to handle static carefully.

if the newer black model festool one will work with the bosch then at that point you only need to get the 9 gallon one to save space. Although the festool modeled one is 200 dollars it would be worth every penny. I have the regular white dusty deputy and let me tell you it was worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It makes all the dust go in there first and only the fine dust gets to the filter.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Just another note, all the attachments I have gotten for the Bosch (all bosch) have been great. Nice quality and they fit every tool that I have.

I splurged and got the anti static hose. The only thing I can tell a difference on is when using the router. I don’t get zapped as much. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Brad T

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

When you use the tool activation, it stays off if you turn it off.

thanks Brad
    the extractor went to the top of my list ๐Ÿ˜€
    the 9gal would suit my needs better because i am definitely gonna use a cyclone.
    i have the mini CV06 (running with my current 14gal ridgid)
    as soon as i have the bosch dust extractor i gonna jump on the oneida cyclone made out of the anti static plastic. because i dont wanna risk to damage the extractor. or maybe just 2x anti static hoses from and to the cyclone so the extractor cant get damage. or maybe just ground the cyclone ๐Ÿ˜€

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

@thedude306, thanks for the great information, you mentioned it is good for drywall, what did you use it on for the drywall, did he use a bag I assume, and what we’re you using to sand?? Sander or the Richard pads ( yellow sanding attachments)

I think I would be using it for the sander and the circ saw, and eventually the router.

woodman_412

I’m thinking this would be a good way to go for a separator for the Bosch vac.

http://www.busybeetools.com/products/dust-deputy-diy-s-2in-no-drum-steelcyclon.html

Being metal you wouldn’t have to worry about the static buildup as long as you had a grounding wire going to it. I haven’t used a cyclone with my Bosch vac yet but I have the plastic Dust Deputy on my old shop vac. I use both the Bosch and the shop vac together for some things like the router table. Bosch vac extracts dust from under the table and the shop vac extracts from the top.

Dan

danpattison.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

for my drywall I was using abranet with a mirka hand sander. It’s a great combo

@Boschmanbrian

Brad T

woodman_412

for my drywall I was using abranet with a mirka hand sander. Itโ€™s a great combo

Were you using your dust extractor with that Brad?

Dan

danpattison.com

I also purchased a 090A and sometimes use it with a dust deputy with zero issues, I would highly recommend it.

W

Will

woodman_412

I also purchased a 090A and sometimes use it with a dust deputy with zero issues, I would highly recommend it.

W

Do you attach anything to ground the Dust Deputy or just use it as is?

Dan

danpattison.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Yup, with the extractor. Literally no mess with the mirka and abranet. I did a whole bathroom. HEPA filter with fleece bag.

I also did a garage and used just the regular filter with no bags and the auto clean. Works great on bigger jobs IMO as the filter stays consistent but cleaning the machine is a PITA (Like all non bag vacs)

Brad T

woodman_412

Yup, with the extractor. Literally no mess with the mirka and abranet. I did a whole bathroom. HEPA filter with fleece bag.

I also did a garage and used just the regular filter with no bags and the auto clean. Works great on bigger jobs IMO as the filter stays consistent but cleaning the machine is a PITA (Like all non bag vacs)

Did you use a disposable fleece bag or your reusable one Brad? Sounds like the filter clean is quite effective when you don’t use a bag. I don’t think I’ll go bagless in mine after having my reusable bag open up when I didn’t seal it up properly. Wasn’t fun cleaning out the vac when that happened.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 798 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.071 seconds