dcsimg

Bosch Dust Extractor – lets talk

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 798 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Okay dumb question, does the dust extractor work for vacuuming floor, for stuff like sawdust, metal grinding dust, and wax shaving? Or is there not enough suction?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Okay dumb question, does the dust extractor work for vacuuming floor, for stuff like sawdust, metal grinding dust, and wax shaving? Or is there not enough suction?

im confident it can handle all that

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

yellaD
    Pro

Ask @doobie, he knows everything about that.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

tp://bethepro.com/members/doobie/” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”>@doobie, he knows everything about that.

Like really really clean, so if I walk on the floor afterwards it won’t feel gritty and I won’t track anything into other rooms?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

tp://bethepro.com/members/doobie/” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”> @doobie, he knows everything about that.

Like really really clean, so if I walk on the floor afterwards it won’t feel gritty and I won’t track anything into other rooms?

Yes, it is a full on vac and has more suction then our Dyson or our Miele. What it doesn’t have is a power head. So it doesn’t beat the carpet like one does.

As funny as this sounds, I actually enjoy (well maybe I just don’t mind) vacuuming the shop with it. I absolutely hated trying to do it with the rigid shop vac. It’s quite, powerful and easily maneuverable.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

tp://bethepro.com/members/doobie/” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”> @doobie, he knows everything about that.

Yes, it is a full on vac and has more suction then our Dyson or our Miele. What it doesn’t have is a power head. So it doesn’t beat the carpet like one does.

As funny as this sounds, I actually enjoy (well maybe I just don’t mind) vacuuming the shop with it. I absolutely hated trying to do it with the rigid shop vac. It’s quite, powerful and easily maneuverable.

Sweet, thanks. I’m surprised to hear it has more suction, always thought dust collectors has higher volume but lower suction. Or maybe that’s for the big stationary type.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

some extractor models in germany even have a dial for which hose you use.
    its called air flow regulator; 15mm, 22mm and 35mm hoses.
    plus the power braker on the other side to control the vacuuming power.
    thats kinda interesting…it might adjust the cfm or so

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

@Calidecks64

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/9bxR4xaE5QI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”433″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>

Thanks Brad, that was very helpful. So why would you not want to use Auto clean again? Does it mess up the bags and hepa filter?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@Calidecks64

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/9bxR4xaE5QI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”433″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>

Thanks Brad, that was very helpful. So why would you not want to use Auto clean again? Does it mess up the bags and hepa filter?

Now that I am not using the hepa filter I should’ve gotten the automatic 9 gallon. The only reason to get the semi is if yu plan to use a hepa filter.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Now that I am not using the hepa filter I should’ve gotten the automatic 9 gallon. The only reason to get the semi is if yu plan to use a hepa filter.

See now you need to put the Auto on your list and have the beast of both worlds. LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

See now you need to put the Auto on your list and have the beast of both worlds. LOL

i doubt i’ll need another one, the semi is just fine. I do have to comment on how well it moves though. it practically glides across the floor. There isn’t anything to not like about this vac, its perfection.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

i doubt i’ll need another one, the semi is just fine. I do have to comment on how well it moves though. it practically glides across the floor. There isn’t anything to not like about this vac, its perfection.

What are the castors on it? Are they the same brand as the L-DOLLY?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

It doesn’t come with an anti-static hose. That to me is a bit of a shortcoming.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It doesn’t come with an anti-static hose. That to me is a bit of a shortcoming.

it is and i haven’t felt or notice any static built up in the hose itself.

What are the castors on it? Are they the same brand as the L-DOLLY?

good question, i am unsure as they don’t look the same. However they are just as buttery smooth. I love how well it just glides.

Anti-static is a big deal to me – I hate getting zapped and it happens often sanding or vacuuming stuff without an anti-static hose and machine, at least in the winter.

You can fit other brands beater bars and attachments to most of these style tools. I know Festool sells a couple of powerheads that are rebranded.

Orange County, CA

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I’m thinking I can use this inside the house too. I need to upgrade the canister vac anyway and was thinking about a Miele, but if this works I’ll just use this instead lol.

yellaD
    Pro

It is after all still a wet/dry vac…

Doobie

I’m thinking I can use this inside the house too. I need to upgrade the canister vac anyway and was thinking about a Miele, but if this works I’ll just use this instead lol.

I highly recommend both McHardy’s to deal with online and also this Miele which we bought in 2014. See my longish/detailed 12APR14 review on it also.

http://www.mchardyvac.com/miele-complete-c3-powerplus-canister-vacuum-cleaner/

woodman_412

I find the Bosch extractor excellent for cleaning up floors and any other surfaces. I clean up both the shop and clients homes with it and it does a better job than any other vac we own. I bought a good quality floor brush awhile back and it works really nice with that.

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I bought a good quality floor brush awhile back and it works really nice with that.

What kind of brush Dan? Does it use the vacuum suction or is it powered ?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 798 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.130 seconds