dcsimg

Bosch Dust Extractor – lets talk

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 798 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Brad, I’m not quite understanding. Do you have to turn the auto, “off” everytime you unplug the vac and plug it back in. What are you meaning by “its “on” by default”?

I wrote this mindbender on how I understood from Brad as to how an auto-clean model works in that regard which Brad did confirm was correct. Thought it might be worth re-posting it to assist a bit pending Brad’s video being put up. It pretty well as far as I think covers all usage configurations as it pertains to how the auto-clean works.

Just to reiterate, you only have to turn the AFC off when you turn your vac on. That’s either in the “ON” position or the “tool activation mode” It stays off in either mode until you turn the knob to turn off the vac, or you unplug the vacuum. It then defaults to “ON” when you turn the vac knob back to on for either mode.

It does not come on after each time your tool turns the vac on and off with the tool activation mode (unless of course you leave the AFC on)

Clear as mud?

I think I know how it works now which if I understand what you are saying works in this fashion.

Plug vac into wall. Plug tool into vac. Switch set to power tool activated on. Start using tool. AFC cycles every 15 seconds. Stop using tool. Depress AFC button. Start using tool again. Vac comes on but AFC does not cycle at all. Stop using tool and restart using. AFC still does not come on. Unplug tool from vac to use another tool. Start using other tool. AFC still does not come on. Stop using tool. Unplug vac from wall to move to another location. Restart using tool. AFC now comes on. Stop using tool. Unplug tool entirely. Set switch to ON and use vac hose with wand to sweep floor. AFC turns on. While vacuum still running, depress AFC button. AFC no longer cycles. Turn ON swith to OFF. Now turn it back to ON. Does the AFC come on then?

Can’t believe I just wrote all that.lol!

YES.

I’m glad you wrote it all! (and not me) 😉

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Awesome! Thanks doobie. That answered my question.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

That is correct. Every time you unplug the vac OR every time you turn the vac on/off with the switch you need to turn the ACF off.

It defaults to the on position when you power the vac (in any mode or with the cord etc)

When you turn it off in “tool activation” mode, it stays off until you unplug the vac or turn the dial to off. So the vac turns on with the tool, but the ACF stays off.

Thanks Brad, I was just wanting to make sure that it wasn’t the tool activation that triggered the default. Thanks again.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’ll get a video up in the next day or two.

it’s confusing but once you see it you’ll get it.

it is confusing. but they should do it the other way around….it should be always OFF…and you just turn it on when you need it, for certain applications.
    hey thats also something for our thread ” tool improvements and changes” 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I suppose they have a good reason to have it come on automatically? Doesn’t take much to make it remember the last on/off state and stay with that until switched again.

Doobie

it should be always OFF…and you just turn it on when you need it, for certain applications.

I agree. It seems backwards to me in that regard.

My guess is because these vacs seemed to be designed for cement grinding and you would want it on automatically.

Orange County, CA

Doobie

My guess is because these vacs seemed to be designed for cement grinding and you would want it on automatically.

It should be able to be disengaged completely and not subject to be defaulted to on in doing certain activities/changes in use and only come back into auto mode via the operator switching it to do so.

It should be able to be disengaged completely and not subject to be defaulted to on in doing certain activities/changes in use and only come back into auto mode via the operator switching it to do so.

I agree with you – should be operator controlled. But, my guess is that it was easier/cheaper to do it this way and since it is intended for cement clean-up or dry-wall users would want it on automatically. Just a thought on my part.

Orange County, CA

Doobie

I agree with you – should be operator controlled. But, my guess is that it was easier/cheaper to do it this way and since it is intended for cement clean-up or dry-wall users would want it on automatically. Just a thought on my part.

My Festool AC is able to not have it come on at all until I set it otherwise. The Bosch AC should have that ability also imo.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

that would be definitely a huge plus for that extractor.
    and it would make a decision also easier between the auto & semi

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

it would. Not having it has made me apprehensive of getting one even as a redemption. Not sure I’d be able to get used to it.

yellaD
    Pro

I like how easy it is to empty and switch the filter. There’s a couple of options on there that I think are redundant, just make it auto instead of more user options.

I like the CFM of the Bosch units. They look pretty good overall.

Orange County, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

it would. Not having it has made me apprehensive of getting one even as a redemption. Not sure I’d be able to get used to it.

I agree, it should be there but the user have the option to turn on or somehow auto detect which filter is installed.
    Certainly makes the decision of getting one more difficult.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

when I get around to doing a drywall fix, i’ll have the dust deputy set up with the vac90s set up with the filter clean on and off and see how it works.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@Calidecks64

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Doobie

when I get around to doing a drywall fix, i’ll have the dust deputy set up with the vac90s set up with the filter clean on and off and see how it works.

Cleaning drywall dust is messy enough. Myself, I’d just want the one bag to toss and to clean the upper half inner housing. Why add another thing to have to clean.

yellaD
    Pro

What’s the longest anyone’s run their Bosch Vac/dc continuously? Also what’s the longest you’ve used it on with a cyclone? I’d imagine it would be more of a strain…

Doobie

What’s the longest anyone’s run their Bosch Vac/dc continuously?

Why would that matter?

Most vacs of this caliber would have some kind of overheat shut off protection.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 798 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 3.311 seconds