dcsimg

Bosch dual mode sander 1250DEVS

This topic contains 260 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Reflector 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 261 total)
  • Author

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It’s amazes me how I’ve worked the last 30 years with out vibration control???

It’s like the LED light Dirty I never knew what I didn’t have until I got my first tool with an LED light. Now I really notice when a tool I am using doesn’t have it. I don’t have a sander with vibration control yet but who knows in the future.

lol this is DWB, he is the hipster of the tool world, he used it before it was safe !! and walked to school back in the day uphill both ways. don’t worry dirty, things change and it could be for the better.

@dirtywhiteboy

Once you use a sander with vibration control you really want that feature on all the sanders. I can’t argue that you can use sanders without it just fine, but the lack of that tingling sensation after a lot of sanding is something that I’d pay a difference for and I’m sure others would agree with that.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

If Bosch could refresh the 1250DEVS to have the vibration control and 5″ pad option like the ROS65 it’d be an worthwhile update for me. A VC version of a ROS20 would be welcome as well.

That would be a really nice setup. There are times when having the fast stock removal option on the ROS65 would be great. It would be interesting to compare the two sanders side by side in use.

i would even get the 1250 when they would add vibration control.
    thats a must have for me when i use a sander.
    i already own the ros65vc but a sander with fast stock removal would be great.

It’s amazes me how I’ve worked the last 30 years with out vibration control???

Never has been that big of a deal to me. Definitely not a deal breaker if no vibration control.

not a deal breaker for me either. i would still get that sander but like i said, it would be nice with VC.

Once you use a sander with vibration control you really want that feature on all the sanders. I can’t argue that you can use sanders without it just fine, but the lack of that tingling sensation after a lot of sanding is something that I’d pay a difference for and I’m sure others would agree with that.

Right on Reflector!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’ve only used old school sanders and would welcome a new addition to my tool chest with vibration control.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@dirtywhiteboy

I have used sander with vibration control. I think all my festool sanders have the VC.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@dirtywhiteboy

I have used sander with vibration control. I think all my festool sanders have the VC.

interesting and you prefer a sander without vibration control, is that what i am getting from this?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dirty so the vibration control stops the tingling feeling in your hands?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

DirtyWhiteBoy

interesting and you prefer a sander without vibration control, is that what i am getting from this?

I think you read into it wrong.
    Myself I’m going to use what ever I have at the time. Vibration control is nice, but if the tool doesn’t have it will still get the job done.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

@dirtywhiteboy

Would you mind of sharing which Festool sanders you have ?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@dirtywhiteboy

Would you mind of sharing which Festool sanders you have ?

It’s the rotex 150 and the DTS400

Attachments:

Dirty

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I think VC would be nice, at this point i am deciding on the VC or on the speed material removal.

woodman_412

I agree. I would like to have the dual mode sander for the fairly rare occasion where I need to hog off a lot of material in a hurry but my ROS65 is definitely my go to sander since it is so comfortable to use with the VC. I’ve found that with the 3.3 amp motor in the ROS65 it will still sand pretty quick especially with a coarser grit.

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think VC would be nice, at this point i am deciding on the VC or on the speed material removal.

I’m really trying to figure this post out?? Have you used the VC 243?

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I agree. I would like to have the dual mode sander for the fairly rare occasion where I need to hog off a lot of material in a hurry but my ROS65 is definitely my go to sander since it is so comfortable to use with the VC. I’ve found that with the 3.3 amp motor in the ROS65 it will still sand pretty quick especially with a coarser grit.

Once you learn to use them with some finer sand paper I have used the Rotex150 to take down cabinet doors for refinishing.

Dirty

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@jponto07
    did jim answer you about the different pads for this sander?!

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@jponto07

I haven’t heard anything yet…I’ll send him another message today.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

DirtyWhiteBoy

I think you read into it wrong.
    Myself I’m going to use what ever I have at the time. Vibration control is nice, but if the tool doesn’t have it will still get the job done.

oh i agree, i’ll use whatever as long as it work the situation i have at hand. it is the main reason why i ordered this sander, i wanted to for material removal. I’ve seen @yellad‘s festool sander and i was hooked.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@jponto07

I’ll ask the Bosch dudes at WOC in Vegas on Wednesday. I wanna see if they are knowledgeable enough about their tools 😛

There is a bosch dealer about 1.5h away from me and they dont know s**t about the items they sell and they said, “yes we are working for bosch”

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@jponto07

I’ll ask the Bosch dudes at WOC in Vegas on Wednesday. I wanna see if they are knowledgeable enough about their tools 😛

There is a bosch dealer about 1.5h away from me and they dont know s**t about the items they sell and they said, “yes we are working for bosch”

Lol I wonder if you will be able to stump them. I can’t wait to hear your woc report when you get back.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’ll ask the Bosch dudes at WOC in Vegas on Wednesday. I wanna see if they are knowledgeable enough about their tools

Maybe you need to ask about NA tools. LOL
    I seen video’s from last years WOC and the Bosch team seemed to be very knowledgeable.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 261 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.726 seconds