dcsimg

Bosch dual mode sander 1250DEVS

This topic contains 260 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Reflector 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 261 total)
  • Author

@doobie

Using Abranet or any mesh like sanding media will really help with dust collection from my experience with most sanders that have a fan inside of them to pull dust into the collection container. Hooking those designs to up a vacuum makes a dramatic difference and I will say that the ROS20 and ROSS65 do an excellent job at DC when hooked up to a vacuum and when I use Abranet. I would assume the 1250DEVS would behave similarly…

Doobie

Speaking of Abranet, does anybody know if there are Abranet sanding rolls that are 4 1/2 inches wide for the half sheet sander? I could only find 2 1/2 inch width Abranet sanding rolls.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Speaking of Abranet, does anybody know if there are Abranet sanding rolls that are 4 1/2 inches wide for the half sheet sander? I could only find 2 1/2 inch width Abranet sanding rolls.

@doobie,
    Here is where you’ll find 4 1/2 in

http://mirka-online.com/index.php/specialty-abrasives/abranet/mirka-abranet-rolls.html

About half way down the page.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

@doobie,
    Here is where you’ll find 4 1/2 in

http://mirka-online.com/index.php/specialty-abrasives/abranet/mirka-abranet-rolls.html

About half way down the page.

And since I typed that I contact Mirka Canada and they advised that I can order it from Atlas Machinery in Toronto. While Atlas only shows the narrower 2 1/2 width Abranet rolls, they can get the larger ones too.

Mirka is going to be sending me out some samples and their product catalogue and some swag as well.

I also asked whether they will be coming out with a large half sheet sander like the Bosch. I was told there is a 2 1/2 inch by 7 inch sander out in Europe that they are expecting will be available in NA at some point, but no date yet on its arrival. They do not currently manufacture a half sheet sized sander in Europe.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Are there any advantages to this sander over the ROS65VC-6 other than the faster stock removal? I have 2 belt sanders so im wondering if the cost of velcro backs sanding disks for heavy sanding would out weight the vibration control for me

Doobie

I just realized that this thread was related to another sander than the one I was thinking about. While there was some value in discussing Abranet sanding, I didn’t mean to thread steel in dwelving into half sheet sander discussion. 😯

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Are there any advantages to this sander over the ROS65VC-6 other than the faster stock removal? I have 2 belt sanders so im wondering if the cost of velcro backs sanding disks for heavy sanding would out weight the vibration control for me

Actually, it looks like the 1250 does Not have the vibration control features that the ROS65 has.
    I’m not sure where this fits in, but the motor on the 1250 is about 2x as powerful as the ROS65 also.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

If Bosch could refresh the 1250DEVS to have the vibration control and 5″ pad option like the ROS65 it’d be an worthwhile update for me. A VC version of a ROS20 would be welcome as well.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

To the 1250DEVS looks like a nice polisher for paint. Nice compact size. Is this a new tool or just one recently introduced to NA?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

If Bosch could refresh the 1250DEVS to have the vibration control and 5″ pad option like the ROS65 it’d be an worthwhile update for me. A VC version of a ROS20 would be welcome as well.

I didn’t realize this when I ordered it, we shall see how big of a difference it is when I get it, i’ll have to make a video of it when i do get it.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

To the 1250DEVS looks like a nice polisher for paint. Nice compact size. Is this a new tool or just one recently introduced to NA?

It’s been out for a while. I remember seeing reviews back 3 or 4 years ago on it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

woodman_412

That would be a really nice setup. There are times when having the fast stock removal option on the ROS65 would be great. It would be interesting to compare the two sanders side by side in use.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That would be a really nice setup. There are times when having the fast stock removal option on the ROS65 would be great. It would be interesting to compare the two sanders side by side in use.

I don’t have the ros65 perhaps it should be something i can save for and when i get the two of them together I can do a video review of the both.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s been out for a while. I remember seeing reviews back 3 or 4 years ago on it.

Thank you Ron. It just looks like a nice size polisher. Be interesting to try one as such.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I didn’t realize this when I ordered it, we shall see how big of a difference it is when I get it, i’ll have to make a video of it when i do get it.

That would be great. I think a few members are very interested in getting one.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Be interesting to see the video of the sander when you get it.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i would even get the 1250 when they would add vibration control.
    thats a must have for me when i use a sander.
    i already own the ros65vc but a sander with fast stock removal would be great.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s amazes me how I’ve worked the last 30 years with out vibration control???

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s like the LED light Dirty I never knew what I didn’t have until I got my first tool with an LED light. Now I really notice when a tool I am using doesn’t have it. I don’t have a sander with vibration control yet but who knows in the future.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Never has been that big of a deal to me. Definitely not a deal breaker if no vibration control.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 261 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.458 seconds