dcsimg

Bosch dual mode sander 1250DEVS

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The round compartment where you crammed in the cord is actually designed for sanding pads

Thanks again and well that explains it. Lol I ha to wind it a few times to get it in to that spot. I’ll definitely leave it free flowing regularly then.

Too funny!

😂

Doobie,,no laugh ,, those boxxes are like a puzzle.

Doobie

Sorry, but where have I ever seen a round cord wrap depression in a tool compartmemt? I don’t think ever!

Sorry Aaron, I couldn’t help but laugh this morning and spill my mornin coffee reading that.

We all have our moments of daffness. I’m sure it’ll be my turn again soon enough peelin the egg off my stunned mug.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol @doobie, yah i assumed the depression was for the cord as I was thinking it’ll be messy with the cord flailing about lol..

Doobie

lol @doobie, yah i assumed the depression was for the cord as I was thinking it’ll be messy with the cord flailing about lol..

I’ve using either those cable clamps or even cheaper simply old shampoo bottles where I cut off the top and bottom and stuff the cord inside. Works great.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They are they get me too. I wish the manuals came with a diagram picture showing what all the little compartments are for.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I find myself taking a pic of the setup when it’s new so I can look back.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I find myself taking a pic of the setup when it’s new so I can look back.

Now that’s a good idea, print it out and stick it on the inside of the lid.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

They are they get me too. I wish the manuals came with a diagram picture showing what all the little compartments are for.

And along with where optional accessories might be intended to fit. They’d probably sell more accesories that way too.

This is one AWESOME sander.

A couple month ago I bought the Bosch dual mode sander 1250DEVS. This sander is made in Germany. Once again Bosch makes a quality tool. This thing is angry and will chew up whatever you put under it.

This is a 6-inch disc, so it is made to cover lots of material in a short time. In addition, it is very powerful, good for taking off large amounts of material. Beats sanding by hand unless you need more control for finer details goes back to a block of wood raped in sandpaper.

Sanding is a task most people, I included, do not enjoy and as such anything that makes it faster and easier is always welcomed. Well, this sander does just that!

Nancy Brown

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Welcome to be the pro Nancy . You could go to introduce yourself topic and tell us a little about yourself.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is one AWESOME sander.

You are right there. This sander is great for removing lots of material fast.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The 1250DEVS is probably the most used Bosch tool in my shop. Don’t know what I would do without it.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I have found that it is a beast, and as such takes some getting used to in aggressive mode, however when I stripped and refinished a table that has sat on my deck for years there was nothing better. I also like to use Abranet or their Autonet product with my 1250DEVS, they are awesome dust collection wise.

Will

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have found that it is a beast, and as such takes some getting used to in aggressive mode

Does take a bit to get used to holding the sander right. It can get away from you quick.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I have found that it is a beast, and as such takes some getting used to in aggressive mode, however when I stripped and refinished a table that has sat on my deck for years there was nothing better. I also like to use Abranet or their Autonet product with my 1250DEVS, they are awesome dust collection wise.

What’s the Autonet Bill?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It can get away from you quick.

That’s for sure, bit of a learning curve if you are used to under powered sanders.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

It can get away from you quick.

That’s for sure, bit of a learning curve if you are used to under powered sanders.

The only time I go to a smaller sander now is for very small jobs that are difficult to hold. The power of the big 6″ sander doesn’t work well in situations like that. I still keep a couple of DeWalt 5″ sanders handy for those small jobs.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Has anyone compared this sander to the Festool Rotex?

I got tired of the Bosch bouncing around and bought the Rotex…night and day difference IMO. The Festool is much smoother and generally more comfortable.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Has anyone compared this sander to the Festool Rotex?

I got tired of the Bosch bouncing around and bought the Rotex…night and day difference IMO. The Festool is much smoother and generally more comfortable.

When I got the Festool Pro5, a lot of people were complaining that it was bouncy, and a lot of people sent theirs in for repair. One tip I read somewhere was to just clamp the sander somewhere (where the pad is not touching anything) and let it run full speed for 24 hours of so, which would smooth down the gears or something.

I had nothing to lose, so I did it.

After that breaking in period, I saw such an improvement that I did that to every one of my sanders. It takes a long time for a sander to have 24 hours of runtime, so this gets the break-in period over with

Since then, my 1250DEVS and my ROS65VC are much more tame. Might be worth a try

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I can’t say that I’ve ever heard that one before! Glad it worked for you though!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 261 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.690 seconds