dcsimg

Bosch dual mode sander 1250DEVS

This topic contains 260 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Reflector 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 261 total)
  • Author

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

In the interest of not derailing the “New tools added” thread, I wanted to start a conversation about this sander.

What is the advantage of a dual mode sander…and why would I need one?

Can the pad be switched to a 5″? I have an excessive number of 5″ discs that I’d like to continue to use as opposed to buying all new 6″ discs.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

@jponto07
    Dual mode sander means they’ll do the same thing as the Festool Rotexes with the forced rotation orbital motion.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

jponto07
    Dual mode sander means they’ll do the same thing as the Festool Rotexes with the forced rotation orbital motion.

I thought as much. I typically use my belt sander for rapid stock removal (or my planer), but if this is a viable option, it may come in handy.

Jon P.
    Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i checked out the backing pads on bosch’s page and looked thru the tools specifications.
    looks like its just for 6″ pads. cant be changed to a 5″ pad

EDIT
    it kinda looks like the ROS65VC and the 1250DEVS have the same pads.
    the ROS65VC has a 5″ pad, maybe it will fit on the 1250DEVS.
    product # -> RS038

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

i checked out the backing pads on bosch’s page and looked thru the tools specifications.
    looks like its just for 6″ pads. cant be changed to a 5″ pad

I saw that too. I’m still hoping that one can be installed. If not, I’ll likely opt for the ROS65..I’ve probably got $400 in 5″ discs in my shop. There’s no way that I’ll toss them out!

Jon P.
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

EDIT
    product # -> RS038

I sent a message to Jim about this. Hopefully he can get someone at Bosch to shed some light for us. I was also thinking that one of the many 5″ pads would probably fit even though their website doesn’t specifically say so.

Jon P.
    Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

EDIT
    product # -> RS038

I sent a message to Jim about this. Hopefully he can get someone at Bosch to shed some light for us. I was also thinking that one of the many 5″ pads would probably fit even though their website doesn’t specifically say so.

great idea. hopefully he will come back to you with an yes 😛

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I was also thinking that one of the many 5″ pads would probably fit even though their website doesn’t specifically say so.

eReplacement parts shows a 6″ as a replacement for the 5″ on the ROS65VC, so I would think it would work the other way around

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This is a good looking sander and one that I’d like to get.

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=1250DEVS#benefits

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I saw that too. I’m still hoping that one can be installed. If not, I’ll likely opt for the ROS65..I’ve probably got $400 in 5″ discs in my shop. There’s no way that I’ll toss them out!

Jon,
    I would think that the 5″ sanding disks would leave 1/2″ of pad uncovered. Not sure that would be a good thing for the pad.
    Myself, I would not want to put a smaller disk on it. That’s unfortunate, seeing you have so many 5″.

Let’s see what Jim has to say. Hope I’m wrong.

I like the looks of this sander and will test it out once @r-ice gets his.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

woodman_412

I didn’t realize that Bosch made a sander that was similar in function to the rotex sander, that’s great to know. Nice to see it on the prize list too and the points looks like a good value.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is a good looking sander and one that I’d like to get.

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=1250DEVS#benefits

I saw that as well and see that it is listed as a sander/polisher. I’d like to get it as a polisher. Is it on the list?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Jon,
    I would think that the 5″ sanding disks would leave 1/2″ of pad uncovered. Not sure that would be a good thing for the pad.
    Myself, I would not want to put a smaller disk on it. That’s unfortunate, seeing you have so many 5″.

Let’s see what Jim has to say. Hope I’m wrong.

I like the looks of this sander and will test it out once @r-ice gets his.

Actually, the ROS65 cones with either a 5 or 6″ pad… there to be a set with both included I believe.

I definitely wouldn’t want to use a 5″ disc on a 6″ pad!

The question is really whether the 1250DEVS will accept a 5″.

Jon P.
    Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Provided the 5″ pad is an option, this tool will be a really versatile one. Two sizes of pad, dual mode operation plus polishing; you won’t need anything else.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Bosch list both sanders use the same 6″ pad. So one could assume it could go the same for the 5″.
    http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Accessories/Pages/BoschAccessoryDetail.aspx?pid=RS6046#specs

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I didn’t know bosch had made the 1250devs and i also didn’t know they had this one as powerful as the mirka and rotex. Someone else had mentioned it as i was searching for sanders, and i’m like well lets see if we can get it on the list as i betcha quite a few of us would be interested in it. Having a powerful sander really helps when you want to hog down in an area. I am hoping we can run 5 in pads on it as well as the pads would probably be cheaper to buy in bulk.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I didn’t realize that Bosch made a sander that was similar in function to the rotex sander, that’s great to know. Nice to see it on the prize list too and the points looks like a good value.

Me neither until a while ago when it was discussed here. I’ve seen it on amazon but the description is pretty vague and I didn’t quite get what it actually do.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Bosch list both sanders use the same 6″ pad. So one could assume it could go the same for the 5″.
    http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Accessories/Pages/BoschAccessoryDetail.aspx?pid=RS6046#specs

exactly what i thought too. even the 5″ pad is not listed for the 1250DEVS but it might work.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro

What sold me on the 150EQ Rotex by Festool was the aggresive mode but also the dust collection. The Festool has pad edge suction holes to collect the dust that gets past the pad suction surface. It does work quite good.

Regardless, I would take the Bosch equivalent right now over it based on the price differential. Like I said in the other thread, I would love to do a side by side comparison just to see what I already suspect, that they are fairly equivalent sanders pretty well.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Actually, the ROS65 cones with either a 5 or 6″ pad… there to be a set with both included I believe.

Yes it does come with both in a kit, I have that one.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 261 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.596 seconds