dcsimg

Bosch DG490CE Die Grinder

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  58Chev 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I got this off the rewards list several months ago. I mainly got it for carving wood, but I have been using it lots lately for its intended purpose of grinding metal welds and working with steel. I have to say this tool is super smooth and virtually no vibration. Very pleased with its performance thus fas and highly recommended if anyone is looking for one. I need to get some more grinding attachments, but I was pleased to see my local HD started stocking some cones — not a huge selection, but at least it is something.

Orange County, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve never used a die grinder myself..not sure if I would use it if I had one! Have you thought of doing a full review and posting some videos? I’d be interested to see the tool in action.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Is it just for tight welds for grinding . Thought a disc grinder would be faster .

Always willing to learn .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i would definitely like to see photos and videos of it in use, just checked the list and i don’t see it on there anymore, must of been removed.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve never used a die grinder myself..not sure if I would use it if I had one!

Think of a die grinder as a high speed heavy duty Dremel tool. What they really work good for is removing metal in tight places where a regular grinder would not fit. They are use mainly with different shape carbide bits to remove and shape cast metals.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve never used a die grinder myself..not sure if I would use it if I had one!

Think of a die grinder as a high speed heavy duty Dremel tool. What they really work good for is removing metal in tight places where a regular grinder would not fit. They are use mainly with different shape carbide bits to remove and shape cast metals.

I guess that answers my question…I barely touch my Dremel and I also have a RotoZip, which is primarily for drywall use.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I will try and post some pics and plan on doing a full review. I will certainly shoot some video of it when I carve my chairs…yes, that project has been on hold for the last year too. It is a pretty versatile tool – I look at it like a router but using burrs and other grinding attachments.

Orange County, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Is it just for tight welds for grinding . Thought a disc grinder would be faster .

Tight welds? I think this Metabo flat head angle grinder does a better job.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/6FiMXpxBaoU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Wow that’s awesome grinder for those situations . The time test was a no brainier in seeing how effective it is over the die grinder .

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think this Metabo flat head angle grinder does a better job.

Metabo makes a nice grinder. At one time they were the top of the heap as far as quality went.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

That is an amazing design. I could have used one of those a while back while working on the frame of my car.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.432 seconds