dcsimg

Bosch DDH181X-01 Unboxing Video

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Very nice video. I have the Hammer drill version of this (HDH181X), and it is a beast. I am sure they are pretty much identical besides the hammer function.

As with the new impact, it seems to get more power with the 4.0 batteries, even though I cant figure out why. It weighs a ton already, so the difference between the slim and the 4.0ah is negligable, and it has better balance with the big battery.

I have used this drill to crank up my popup tent. As it has an air conditioner on the roof, I have never been able to get it up with a drill, even a plugin one. But this beast does it. The anti-torque safety cutoff kicked in a few times, but it does it.

Also, the anti-torque has saved my wrist a few times now. Glad I have it.

You will be happy you got it. Happier if you also own a lightweight drill for less demanding and long overhead work

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dang I forgot about that feature, That takes care of my previous question about it having a brake. Great idea cranking up the camper, You could use it for the jack stands too if they’re not already electric. I’ve been wanting to make an adapter to use my impact on the jack stands on mine.

Dang I forgot about that feature, That takes care of my previous question about it having a brake. Great idea cranking up the camper, You could use it for the jack stands too if they’re not already electric. I’ve been wanting to make an adapter to use my impact on the jack stands on mine.

I already used my lightweight drill for the jack stands – works well. I bought my adaptor years ago, it was called a Socket Jenie for Popups. Im sure you can find a million places selling them.

I would not suggest using an impact for it, as it will start the “impact” knocking if it hits resistance. Not sure how the cranks would stand up to that – it may be too much of a hammering for the gears.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I already used my lightweight drill for the jack stands – works well. I bought my adaptor years ago, it was called a Socket Jenie for Popups. Im sure you can find a million places selling them.

I would not suggest using an impact for it, as it will start the “impact” knocking if it hits resistance. Not sure how the cranks would stand up to that – it may be too much of a hammering for the gears.

I thought about the impact hammering hurting the jacks but I’d rather use that than a drill hurting my wrist, Another reason this drill would be a great idea for that….

I’ve seen a ton of the socket adapters for jacks like you say, In fact you can adapt a drill to square drive for a socket much cheaper than those premade ones. but mine isn’t that type, The crank is an ‘L’ shape (90*) 1/2″ish round stock. I could make one easy enough but I’ve never been able to find an adapter like that

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Very nice video. I have the Hammer drill version of this (HDH181X), and it is a beast. I am sure they are pretty much identical besides the hammer function.

As with the new impact, it seems to get more power with the 4.0 batteries, even though I cant figure out why. It weighs a ton already, so the difference between the slim and the 4.0ah is negligable, and it has better balance with the big battery.

I have used this drill to crank up my popup tent. As it has an air conditioner on the roof, I have never been able to get it up with a drill, even a plugin one. But this beast does it. The anti-torque safety cutoff kicked in a few times, but it does it.

You will be happy you got it. Happier if you also own a lightweight drill for less demanding and long overhead work

Do you have the latest Bosch 18V brushless hammer drill? I am just wondering what is the difference HDH181X with the brushless one.

Do you have the latest Bosch 18V brushless hammer drill? I am just wondering what is the difference HDH181X with the brushless one.

Nope.

My understanding is that the only brushless hammer drill so far is in the compact line, and is a hammer version of the SDS182. I have the brushed version of that drill, the SDS181, and am happy with it, so didn’t bother to upgrade. The HDH181 and HDS181 are the brute series, and have a hell of a lot more raw force according to every stat Ive seen. The X makes it the model with the wrist saving tech

My only brushless so far is my impact. IDH182.

Nope.

My understanding is that the only brushless hammer drill so far is in the compact line, and is a hammer version of the SDS182. I have the brushed version of that drill, the SDS181, and am happy with it, so didn’t bother to upgrade. The HDH181 and HDS181 are the brute series, and have a hell of a lot more raw force according to every stat Ive seen. The X makes it the model with the wrist saving tech

My only brushless so far is my impact. IDH182.

I believe you are right on with the descriptions. I have the new one with the active response X, have not tried to have the active response kick in yet , looking forward for giving it a try soon.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks for the unboxing video, Chris. Looking forward to your follow-up comparison with the dewalt.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Thanks for the unboxing video, Chris. Looking forward to your follow-up comparison with the dewalt.

Yea, I’ve a bag of popcorn waiting by the microwave myself. 🙂

Doobie

Yea, I’ve a bag of popcorn waiting by the microwave myself. :)

I stopped into Lowes today on a whim and just bought one myself believe or not. Just couldn’t pass up the deal. New, marked down for clearance at $183 + Lowes has a 10% off deal on any single item over $100. This will be replacing an old 18V Milwaukee that its last NiCad is in its dying stages.

Basically got it just under half price to what it normally goes for up here in Canada. Was not a planned purchase, just one that I knew I was gonna have to do at some point. First Bosch drill of any kind for me.

They had an9ther oje there for sale which was the display unit and when I couldn’t negotiate a better price on it versus this one which was totally new, I opted to get it. They also had the hammer version discounted on clearance, but t was a $100 more. I have other hammer drills, so it was not a deal breaker.

Great video Chris! I still haven’t made up my mind if I’m going with the Bosch 18V stuff as I already have Makita and Milwaukee 18 volt tools.

Man, hard to make up your mind when seeing all these great videos and pics from everyone’s purchases.

Thanks!

Great video Chris! I still haven’t made up my mind if I’m going with the Bosch 18V stuff as I already have Makita and Milwaukee 18 volt tools.

Man, hard to make up your mind when seeing all these great videos and pics from everyone’s purchases.

Thanks!

I love the Bosch stuff (and its the system Im on) but the others are also great. If you were on Yellow or Orange, I would say to switch, but as it is, I would say to run what you have until the next time you have a real opportunity (tool stolen, batteries shot anyway, new tech)

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Yea, I’ve a bag of popcorn waiting by the microwave myself. :)

I stopped into Lowes today on a whim and just bought one myself believe or not. Just couldn’t pass up the deal. New, marked down for clearance at $183 + Lowes has a 10% off deal on any single item over $100. This will be replacing an old 18V Milwaukee that its last NiCad is in its dying stages.

Basically got it just under half price to what it normally goes for up here in Canada. Was not a planned purchase, just one that I knew I was gonna have to do at some point. First Bosch drill of any kind for me.

They had an9ther oje there for sale which was the display unit and when I couldn’t negotiate a better price on it versus this one which was totally new, I opted to get it. They also had the hammer version discounted on clearance, but t was a $100 more. I have other hammer drills, so it was not a deal breaker.

Congratulation on your new tool. That was really a great deal.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Woah nice price! Those two fatpacks would’ve cost $120 at lowest. I played with one in store and the motor is much bigger than the DDS181 compact tough, something can’t be seen from photos.

Doobie

Woah nice price! Those two fatpacks would’ve cost $120 at lowest. I played with one in store and the motor is much bigger than the DDS181 compact tough, something can’t be seen from photos.

Thanks all. Just couldn’t not jump on this one. Besides, I needed an 18V for the 360 box I just got. First Bosch 18V anything for me basically.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.473 seconds