dcsimg

Bosch Daredevil Recip Demo Blades

This topic contains 21 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Moze 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author

kzcarp
    Pro

I just noticed these on the reward list and definitely encourage anyone who uses a heavy Demo type recip blade to try these out, you won’t be disappointed.
    I just finished a rotted mudsill/band joist replacement and before I started I grabbed three of these blades to get me through the job. Sectioning out the old (and not as rotted as I thought) nail infested timbers was no easy job, but one blade handled chunking up the 12′ section into bite sized 2′ pieces. I am very pleased with these blades, I think they performed better than my usual go to for these jobs, Lenox Demo blades.

kevin

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Kevin, It is great to hear that the Daredevils are better than Lenox blades. I have always sworn by Lenox but I guess its time to turn the page and look at yet another well made Daredevil product.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I’ve used the daredevil demo blades on a couple different occasions and really liked them. Nothing I hate worse than a flimsy sawzall blade.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

kzcarp
    Pro

Jason, I still have a favorite Lenox. For cuts in metal (pipe, angle) the 810R is the blade I go for. I’ve not found anything better to use on a recip for those cuts.

kevin

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

I also usually go to Lennox (probably because they sent me a bunch of free stuff in the past) but will give these a try.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I also usually go to Lennox (probably because they sent me a bunch of free stuff in the past) but will give these a try.

Funny Rob, that is how I got hooked on Lennox stuff. Now I go out of my way to use their blades on everything I can. I do look forward to getting some of these daredevils on BTP and giving them a run.

Anonymous

How do they hold up with nails? I’ve been cutting a lot of 1/4″ metal material lately, Wish I would have tried that 810R. I’m not very impressed with what I’ve been using. Although 1/4″ is asking a lot

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I also got hooked from the free Lenox blades but had a hard time finding them around here. I picked up some Daredevils on Amazon and honestly find them every bit as good – not that I use a ton of them. I did however have to take it out in the living room last night, I forgot to cut the end off the bottom of the Christmas tree when I installed it and the daredevil make quick work of it 🙂 I also have a big pack of Milwaukee blades, I’d give them a resounding ‘Meh’. Daredevils are much better.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

hmm i might have to claim some of them thar blades.. as i havent used the new daredevil recip blades. ive used several of teh older generation of bosch recip blades

typically we just use milwaukee AXE 12″ blades for demolition. we get them in packs of 100

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

typically we just use milwaukee AXE 12″ blades for demolition. we get them in packs of 100

Well for packs of 100, I’m sure that you can’t go wrong. This is a very interesting thread on different blades. What makes them that much better, the way they cut, the longevity of the blades? I only have experience with the Daredevil spade bits and love them.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

sven.. those blades are normally about $10 individually but by buying them in a 100 pack it works out to $4 a blade after tax

kzcarp
    Pro

Jeff that is a good deal. $ 4. Is that US $, Canadian $, or Swedish Krona for Sven.

Sven, the Daredevil blades seem to stay sharp for quite a while. I’m still on the same blade that I did the sill job with. It’s still going strong. The thicker Demo blades don’t bend and become useless as easily as the regular duty blades. With the extra metal heat buildup becomes a problem especially on deep cuts. The Daredevil seems to clear the kerf of sawdust better than the other blades I have used, no pulling chunks of wood off the sill and the ends being “dusty”. All of these factors contribute to ease of use and longevity in the blade.

kevin

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

sven its canadian.

we go through recip blades like crazy on remodels so its just much more cost effective to buy them that way. we do the same sorta thing with circ saw blades. though occaionally we get free circ saw blades from our lumberyard

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I’ve liked my bosch blades i just got. I’ve liked the milwaukee or lennox ones as well. Rigid ones are pretty poor but they are cheap.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I used the DeWalt yellow blades for a while – not super impressed with them. They have a new “2X” blade out that are supposed to be pretty good:

http://dewalt.com/reciprocating-saw-blades-and-hole-saws

I have the Milwaukee Ax blades (better than the yellow DeWalt) and some Freud Diablo (haven’t tried yet).

Resident Sign Guy

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Thought this post deserves a bump since a lot of us just received a bunch of Bosch DareDevil Demo blades in our gift box.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Good idea, I might do a review of some of those metal blades I got it. I have so many now I kind of want to give the recip a workout. I have some other brand ones I think I’ll compare.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

good for you, i didnt get any metal blades, only demo.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Has anyone tried the progressor blades? I love them in my jig saw, not the smoothest but remove the material pretty quick

I used the DeWalt yellow blades for a while – not super impressed with them. They have a new “2X” blade out that are supposed to be pretty good:

http://dewalt.com/reciprocating-saw-blades-and-hole-saws

I have the Milwaukee Ax blades (better than the yellow DeWalt) and some Freud Diablo (haven’t tried yet).

I’ve used the Dewalt blades in the last but like you, not too impressed. I have Lennox blades now but would,be willing to give a shot for the 2x ones. Have you used them or is it just coworkers that like them? As far as the Daredevil blades my local,Lowes is selling them and I have read decent reviews but have no experience with them,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.798 seconds