dcsimg

Bosch CSM180 18V

This topic contains 42 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Anyone have one of these saws? Any pros/cons? Can we get this bad-boy added to the list, per chance? Thanks

Orange County, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I don’t have one but it would be nice if it made the rewards list, especially the CSM180BL with the L-BOXX-3.
    That would be a tool that I could use around the shop.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Don’t know about adding it to the list, it really just came out. I bought the bare tool off amazon in November using the $25 off deal. Got a real good price. Tool is nice. Really zips through metal. The bare tool runs about $199 on amazon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks – I might end up buying it. I need to cut a few hundred pieces of 1/2 inch square tubing and 20 or so cuts in 1 1/2 inch square tubing. It seems like this saw would handle the job well.

Orange County, CA

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I have had it 8 or 9 months now and love it. Bought it when first released. There was no lboxx version at the time. So wish i would have gotten a box and insert

I have had it 8 or 9 months now and love it. Bought it when first released. There was no lboxx version at the time. So wish i would have gotten a box and insert

Good to know it has worked well. I saw Milwaukee’s version at HD today – it is a nice compact unit and looked very similar to the Bosch. No one around here carries it in stock and so I would have to order online. The Milwaukee would work well too, but it would mean adding another battery platform to the mix and I currently am running three types again…

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Milwaukee would work well too, but it would mean adding another battery platform to the mix and I currently am running three types again…

That is why I bought the bare tool. Have plenty of batteries and it will go in the tool bag with the 18V grinder.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

doesn’t @utopia78 have one of these, I remembered him getting a nice 18volt circular saw.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Good to know it has worked well. I saw Milwaukee’s version at HD today – it is a nice compact unit and looked very similar to the Bosch. No one around here carries it in stock and so I would have to order online. The Milwaukee would work well too, but it would mean adding another battery platform to the mix and I currently am running three types again…

One of our other foreman has the milwaukee. We also have one of the cordless hilti saws. The bosch out preforms them all, though to be honest the other two cut very well and you wont be disapointed with either. The disadvantage of the milwaukee is its slower RPM. We also prefer the hook over the forward handle on such a small light weight saw. The hilti cuts similar to the milwaukee but its a bigger and heavier saw without the extra power to back up its size. I have used the makita once and again was not disapointed.

I think in the end get the saw for the battery system you run. While there are some slight differences and advantages to one over the other. I do not feel those would justify adding another set of batteries and another charger to tote around

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

CSM180BL

Santa has a little present for you all. It has been added to the list.

Cheers,

jim

Attachments:

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

CSM180BL

a late christmas gift – wow that is soo cool. we gonna see a lot of happy faces for that kit

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

That is awesome! Thanks, Jim and BTP!! Now I need to save points as this moved to the top of my list!!

Orange County, CA

One of our other foreman has the milwaukee. We also have one of the cordless hilti saws. The bosch out preforms them all, though to be honest the other two cut very well and you wont be disapointed with either. The disadvantage of the milwaukee is its slower RPM. We also prefer the hook over the forward handle on such a small light weight saw. The hilti cuts similar to the milwaukee but its a bigger and heavier saw without the extra power to back up its size. I have used the makita once and again was not disapointed.

I think in the end get the saw for the battery system you run. While there are some slight differences and advantages to one over the other. I do not feel those would justify adding another set of batteries and another charger to tote around

Thanks for the feedback and information. It is nice that you have experience with all of them. I really like the Bosch. The saw hook would be really nice and the videos of it in use are impressive. I think it would make pretty quick work of what I need to do. One other question – has the blade held up well?

Orange County, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

doesn’t @utopia78 have one of these, I remembered him getting a nice 18volt circular saw.

I don’t recall, I thought you used his circular saw at your house? His I believe is for wood

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I don’t recall, I thought you used his circular saw at your house? His I believe is for wood

Mine is the CCS180BL for wood. This one for the metal is CSM180BL. Very close model numbers.

A Working Pro since 2004

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Mine is the CCS180BL for wood. This one for the metal is CSM180BL. Very close model numbers.

Yup that’s exactly what I thought, I remember you did a short video of it on the job site,

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Can you cut rebar with this cordless metal saw? CSM180BL?

A Working Pro since 2004

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I am sure you could but not so efficiently and it would be costly as i think you would tear up blades fast.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I am sure you could but not so efficiently and it would be costly as i think you would tear up blades fast.

So it would be more for sheet metal and such, thanks.

A Working Pro since 2004

I thought in one of the videos it showed this saw cutting different types of metal and threadEd rod. Not sure on capacities as you cannot download the owners manual online for some reason.

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.797 seconds