dcsimg

Bosch CRS180, very impressive

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

I’m thinking about getting a recip saw and I’m trying to decide between the Bosch CRS180 and the RS428. I’m really liking the idea of the cordless freedom with the 18V but the RS428 looks like a really nice saw too with the vibration control and overall power. Does anyone have both or thoughts on each? At this point I’m leaning towards the 18V.

Dan

danpattison.com

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

My corded recip is a 10 amp Hitachi, weaker than the 14 amp RS428. It can yank itself out of my hands, or shear the teeth off blades. I can get CRS180 to bind on starting but not during use. I think RS428 is too much saw for most people unless you are taking apart houses, or cut cars in half, plus it’s really heavy too.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m thinking about getting a recip saw and I’m trying to decide between the Bosch CRS180 and the RS428.

For general carpentry work and demolition the freedom of the cordless saw is hard to beat. I think you will find the Bosch 18V recip saw will do all that you ask of it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

Thanks for the input guys. I’m leaning towards the CRS180 with the l-boxx and insert. When you compare the points for the bare tool and the one with the l-boxx it’s only an extra 14,000 points which is a good deal considering that an l-boxx 3 is 26,000 points. I think the cordless freedom will be the big thing for me as nice as the RS428 looks.

Dan

danpattison.com

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Here’s the pile of branches it cut today, CRS180 on top for scale. I can only imagine what brushless version could do with a 6 AH battery when it comes out.

Awesome photo of what CRS180 B can do around the yard. I think I will be getting one of these. Thanks for sharing

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m leaning towards the CRS180 with the l-boxx and insert. When you compare the points for the bare tool and the one with the l-boxx it’s only an extra 14,000 points which is a good deal

Dan I just ordered that exact combo on Friday. I already have enough 18V batteries and chargers and just needed the tool and L-Boxx w/insert.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

I’m leaning towards the CRS180 with the l-boxx and insert. When you compare the points for the bare tool and the one with the l-boxx it’s only an extra 14,000 points which is a good deal

Dan I just ordered that exact combo on Friday. I already have enough 18V batteries and chargers and just needed the tool and L-Boxx w/insert.

I’d really like to hear your thoughts on it when you get it Bill. I’m curious to see what the insert looks like for the l-boxx too if you’re able to post some pics.

Dan

danpattison.com

I’d really like to hear your thoughts on it when you get it Bill. I’m curious to see what the insert looks like for the l-boxx too if you’re able to post some pics.

Theres actually two inserts, one top, one bottom. I posted a pic a while back in the L-Boxx3 thread

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/l-boxx-3-storage-and-organization/#387626

woodman_412

Theres actually two inserts, one top, one bottom. I posted a pic a while back in the L-Boxx3 thread

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/l-boxx-3-storage-and-organization/#387626

Thanks Eric. I didn’t know that it was a double layer insert system like that. That’s really cool and a great use of space. Definitely sealed the deal going for the L-boxx kit.

Dan

danpattison.com

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Thanks Eric. I didn’t know that it was a double layer insert system like that. That’s really cool and a great use of space. Definitely sealed the deal going for the L-boxx kit.

Yep go for the L-boxx version for sure, goes nicely with other boxx and you can keep blades/battery/charger organized.

woodman_412

The other thing I was thinking about getting the recip with the l-boxx is that since I don’t use a recip saw super often I could also use the L3 for carrying misc supplies etc when I’m not taking the recip along. That is one nice thing about the hard plastic inserts is that they are easy to take out and put back in unlike the custom fit foam.

Dan

danpattison.com

yellaD
    Pro

Damn, that’s a lot of cuttin’. I never even thought of taking my recip to the brush I want gone. Thanks!

woodman_412

The power and anti vibration of the RS428 is still tempting me a bit though even though it is corded. Does anyone here have the RS428?

Dan

danpattison.com

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The other thing I was thinking about getting the recip with the l-boxx is that since I don’t use a recip saw super often I could also use the L3 for carrying misc supplies etc when I’m not taking the recip along. That is one nice thing about the hard plastic inserts is that they are easy to take out and put back in unlike the custom fit foam.

That’s true, I keep meaning to buy a L1 or L2 to use to carry accessories/hand tools I needed for the task, hopefully there will be some decent price during Christmas season.

woodman_412

I think I’ve decided to go with the corded RS428. Between the anti vibration feature and the power I think it’s the best way to go for me. It seems to be a better value for the points too when you compare it with the price of the CRS180 online.

Dan

danpattison.com

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Let us know how it goes, I’m sorta tempted to upgrade my Hitachi to Bosch but couldn’t really justify doing it.

woodman_412

I ordered up the RS428 tonight. The CRS180 was really tempting too but the corded won me over in the end. I’ll post my thoughts on it once I get it and put it to work.

Dan

danpattison.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

great that you enjoyed your new tool for some yard work

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

great that you enjoyed your new tool for some yard work

The sawsall with the big batteries are great for yard work. Very mobile. That’s a huge pile you’ve got going there. Do you use the aggressive tooth branch blade on it?

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yep a 6″ 6 TPI wood blade that I sharpened right before, the 9″ pruning blade was too long and hard to maneuver in the dense branches.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.649 seconds