dcsimg

Bosch CRS180, very impressive

This topic contains 106 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  theamcguy 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 107 total)
  • Author

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I’ve been meaning to get a cordless reciprocating saw for over a year now, but kept dragging my feet because I was waiting for the brushless version to come out. Since That’s doesn’t look like anytime soon, I decided to just get the brushed version for now.

Today I need to prune the cedar row, which I used to to with corded Hitachi. Well I have to say the CRS 180 did great, it had no problem chewing through 3 inch thick branches and at at no time I felt it doesn’t have enough power. Battery life is great too, I thought I’d need change battery half way through but one 4 AH fatpack easily lasted through.

Here’s the pile of branches it cut today, CRS180 on top for scale. I can only imagine what brushless version could do with a 6 AH battery when it comes out.

P.s. I was under the impression that the bare tool L-boxx version would come with two saw blades, but mine didn’t have any. Anyone else have the CRS180BL can confirm either way?

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I have used my cordless for pruning and general yard clean up for many years. Nice to be cordless.

monman1
    Pro

I have used my 12v reciprocating saw for pruning some trees. I was cutting 2 1/2 thick branches and it did great.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Now you’re making me want one. Be nice to be cordless doing that stuff.

I use one of these for a lot of that stuff. But being cordless would be nice.

Attachments:

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have used my 12v reciprocating saw for pruning some trees. I was cutting 2 1/2 thick branches and it did great.

Good to hear as I’m looking at getting one!

That’s quite the pile of branches!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The 12v actually have quite a bit of power, but the biggest drawback is the short stroke length, which doesn’t clear chips effectively.

After the leaves fall I have a few maple trees that needs to be removed, that’ll be some serious test for the CRS180.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

The 12v actually have quite a bit of power, but the biggest drawback is the short stroke length, which doesn’t clear chips effectively.

What is the stroke length on it if you know @jzmtl ?

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The 12v is a tiny bit more than half inch. The 18v is 1 1/8″ for comparison.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

The 12v is a tiny bit more than half inch. The 18v is 1 1/8″ for comparison.

That’s not a lot. I can see a chip clearing issue. Probably worse on conifer type of trees.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

hmm thats a good idea to use, i was going to pick up a bush trimmer as mine and my neighbours tree/bush has gone absolutely wild.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have used both my Bosch 12V Pocket Saw and 36V Recip saw for pruning and they work great. The 12V surprised me as to how much power it has.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@jzmtl good job on the cedar hedge, I to use my recip saw all the time , its the older ni-cad , but it still works great, and the battery life is still fairly good for the ni-cad, Bosch has always done a good job on the batteries imo, but will be looking to upgrade to the newer soon. thanks for the picture

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

@jzmtl good job on the cedar hedge, I to use my recip saw all the time , its the older ni-cad , but it still works great, and the battery life is still fairly good for the ni-cad, Bosch has always done a good job on the batteries imo, but will be looking to upgrade to the newer soon. thanks for the picture

It’s only half way done, the back side grew too tall so I took it down by almost 3 ft, which is why there are thick branches like that. Today it’s hedger time.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

It’s only half way done, the back side grew too tall so I took it down by almost 3 ft, which is why there are thick branches like that. Today it’s hedger time.

Ha ha ha , cool , I will give you my address , come by with the sawsall, I will supply the beer , then we can cool off in the pool, we can have a saws off , the old ni-cad up against the new lithium. I will probably have a dis advantage

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Ha ha ha , cool , I will give you my address , come by with the sawsall, I will supply the beer , then we can cool off in the pool, we can have a saws off , the old ni-cad up against the new lithium. I will probably have a dis advantage

Haha, one day, gotta get my own done first, then fix the brake line on my jeep so I can drive it.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

May I know how many blades had you used ?

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

May I know how many blades had you used ?

Just one, a 6 TPI wood blade. Conifer trees doesn’t really dull it much if you don’t overheat it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

They sell tree cutting blades that work great for cutting branches.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I have a couple pruning blades but they were too long to maneuver in the dense branches and would cause a lot of collateral damage, so I made do with shorter wood blade (which worked quite well actually).

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/accessories/Pages/BoschProductSubCategory.aspx?catid=1102 – for the full selection of recip blades.

If you ordered the CRS180 B it should have come with (2) – 6” Bi-Metal Blades. I would be happy to send you out a few blades. Just PM me with your info and I will be happy to send those along. Nice work on creating that pile.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.595 seconds