dcsimg

Bosch cordless dust collection filter

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have a quick question, if you are using a Bosch cordless SDS plus or max rotary hammer, as well as a dust collection kit such as the Bosch Bulldog CORE18V 33-fl Oz Dry Dust Collector with Hepa Filter, then you actually are holding two CORE batteries – one for the hammer and one for the filter, is this correct?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The Bosch dust collector I have that fits on the drill gets it’s power from the drill battery so you only have one battery.

The one noted above does require it’s own battery so with that one you would have two batteries.

this is the one I have.

I have a quick question, if you are using a Bosch cordless SDS plus or max rotary hammer, as well as a dust collection kit such as the Bosch Bulldog CORE18V 33-fl Oz Dry Dust Collector with Hepa Filter, then you actually are holding two CORE batteries – one for the hammer and one for the filter, is this correct?

If that’s the new bulldog cordless model with the dust collection , Yes you are right
    Might have something to do with the dust collector still running after the trigger is let go ?
    Not sure about the previous model Kurt posted , but like he mentioned , that only uses one battery for both the rotary and the dust collection

Doobie

I was gonna buy that kit but opted simply to redeem for the cordless SDS + as I didn’t really need the dust collection for it. The kit did have it’s own battery for the DC accessory as part of the deal.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The Bosch dust collector I have that fits on the drill gets it’s power from the drill battery so you only have one battery.

The one noted above does require it’s own battery so with that one you would have two batteries.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Bosch GDE18V-16 SDS-plus Dust Collection Attachment” type=”text/html” allowfullscreen=”” style=”max-width:100%” src=”https://read.amazon.com/kp/card?preview=inline&linkCode=kpd&ref_=k4w_oembed_uCEsVkjbFfj9CS&asin=B071GDGBQ4&tag=mh0b-20&#8243; width=”770″ height=”550″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></figure>
    this is the one I have.

Thanks Kurt, the two battery scenerio seems really clumpsy. May be that’s why they are on sale LOL.

@Miamicuse I have both the cordless hepa vac and the cordless bulldog . You don’t even notice the added 4.0 battery that it uses . It’s great at keep dust blowing up at you and keeping the hole clean . The depth adjustment one it is a great feature as well since you can stick in past a bit for easy alignment if you don’t have the cross lines marked . I did a quick video of it on my Instagram account show the button feature . I highly recommend both units . I store the vacuum and accessories in a L-boxx .

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but like he mentioned , that only uses one battery for both the rotary and the dust collection

Interesting nice how it uses only one battery.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

but like he mentioned , that only uses one battery for both the rotary and the dust collection

Yeah that’s for the model on the prize list , but the newer one has two batteries , and I imagine with the 4.0 core batteries used for the vacuum , that should be able to run for a pretty long time

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

@Miamicuse I have both the cordless hepa vac and the cordless bulldog . You don’t even notice the added 4.0 battery that it uses . It’s great at keep dust blowing up at you and keeping the hole clean . The depth adjustment one it is a great feature as well since you can stick in past a bit for easy alignment if you don’t have the cross lines marked . I did a quick video of it on my Instagram account show the button feature . I highly recommend both units . I store the vacuum and accessories in a L-boxx .

That’s good to know, thanks.

Just out of curiosity, how do you turn on and off the dust collection kit? Do you turn it on before pressing on the trigger for the hammer, and turn it off after releasing the trigger? Do you find that cumbersome?

I know for myself I have at times, using a dust collection or a vac attached to a tool, and sometimes I forgot to turn it on, I would be cutting and in my mind complaining about all the dust and how the dust collection didn’t seem to make a big difference, then realized “oh, I didn’t even turn it on” while the room is now half full of dust LOL.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Yeah that’s for the model on the prize list , but the newer one has two batteries , and I imagine with the 4.0 core batteries used for the vacuum , that should be able to run for a pretty long time

With the kit I have I can get well over a hundred 2″ deep holes for Tapcons with a 6.3 core. I would say at least a hundred with a 4.0.

The dust collection comes on with the pull of the trigger on the drill and runs for about 10 seconds after the trigger is released. With the drill and the dust collector, It is tiring if you are drilling at shoulder height for a fair amount of time. I think it would be much worse with two batteries. The unit I have can be handled with one hand, but it is about the limit for weight of what you would want to do one handed.

I personally like the more compact Bosch hammer drills than the Bulldog, I feel the balance is better for drilling into walls and you do not have as much drill hanging out in front of you. for drilling overhead or into a floor, the length of the bulldog would be nice however.

With the kit I have I can get well over a hundred 2″ deep holes for Tapcons with a 6.3 core. I would say at least a hundred with a 4.0.

The dust collection comes on with the pull of the trigger on the drill and runs for about 10 seconds after the trigger is released. With the drill and the dust collector, It is tiring if you are drilling at shoulder height for a fair amount of time. I think it would be much worse with two batteries. The unit I have can be handled with one hand, but it is about the limit for weight of what you would want to do one handed.

I personally like the more compact Bosch hammer drills than the Bulldog, I feel the balance is better for drilling into walls and you do not have as much drill hanging out in front of you. for drilling overhead or into a floor, the length of the bulldog would be nice however.

Thanks for the info Kurt , I almost bought the newer bulldog when it first came out , I actually like the compact one also , especially for the exact reason you mentioned
    I think it would also fit in a lbox unless I’m mistaken

That’s a decent amount of holes for a cordless

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I personally like the more compact Bosch hammer drills than the Bulldog,

I have the compact one and except for not having on-board dust control it is really compact and easy to use.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.330 seconds