dcsimg

Bosch cordless angle grinder

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I recently had to buy a new cordless drill as my old one had been slowly letting out the magic smoke for a couple years. I went with Bosh, same as the original, as it’d taken a significant beating and was still preforming, although smelly.

While I was at Lowe’s buying it, I noticed they have a deal where if you buy the cordless angle grinder(non-bushless) bare tool, you also get a free 4A/hr battery and charger.

My most used power tool is an angle grinder. second maybe to the drill press, but barely. Since I saw it, I’ve been thinking about getting one.

My usage isn’t all that often. I can envision setting up my corded with a wire wheel and the cordless with a cutoff wheel and not having to change anything for a long while.

Opinions on the cordless non-brushless cordless angle grinder?

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I recently had to buy a new cordless drill as my old one had been slowly letting out the magic smoke for a couple years. I went with Bosh, same as the original, as it’d taken a significant beating and was still preforming, although smelly.

While I was at Lowe’s buying it, I noticed they have a deal where if you buy the cordless angle grinder(non-bushless) bare tool, you also get a free 4A/hr battery and charger.

My most used power tool is an angle grinder. second maybe to the drill press, but barely. Since I saw it, I’ve been thinking about getting one.

My usage isn’t all that often. I can envision setting up my corded with a wire wheel and the cordless with a cutoff wheel and not having to change anything for a long while.

I own the 18v grinder. It works well. Battery life isn’t great. But does what I need it to do with a 4 or 6 amp battery.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Battery life isn’t great.

Do you think the Profactor line up will improve on this?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Being brushless should help a little. But I feel grinders are going to be power hogs if you work them.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Depends on what you are cutting and how much of it.

My Bosch 4.5″ grinder, when paired with a fully charged 6.3ah core battery, will make ten partial cuts of 5/8″ rebars (enough to bend and snap it off) before the battery dies. So if you are looking at all day grinding or cutting you will be disappointed. I discussed this extensively in this thread:

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-cag180-18v-4%c2%bd-lithium-ion-grinder-reviewoverview/page/2/#post-720737

You get 3 minutes of grinding or cutting.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think that is what they are hoping. We’ll just have to wait for the tool testers to get one and put it through its paces. Most do a speed test which is important but testing the number of cuts is also important. To me the current cordless grinder is a more of a cutoff tool than an all day grinder.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I own the 18v grinder. It works well. Battery life isn’t great. But does what I need it to do with a 4 or 6 amp battery.

Yup same here , I used it for cutting tile , works good , but like you said , they demand lots of juice , I think a corded grinder is a must for heavier applications , just for an example , I used the cordless with a diamond blade , I think I cut around 15 to 20 linear feet of tile before I had to replace the 6.3 core battery
    And used the bosch corded with the diamond cup wheel hooked up to the dust extractor , and never had to deal with replacing batteries , like Ron said , it depends what you need to do with it

I love it for quick jobs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.459 seconds