dcsimg

Bosch Concrete Vibrators

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Doobie
    Doobie
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Any of you guys ever work with Agilia pours? I seriously considered it a few years ago for a shed build base. It arguably makes it a one man job.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1yMHnGOnuhU

That stuff looks very thin and watery??

Doobie

Any of you guys ever work with Agilia pours? I seriously considered it a few years ago for a shed build base. It arguably makes it a one man job.

I know what you men, how can that be concrete, but apparently it works though.

I simply went with piers instead for the shed I was building at the time I was considering it as they were doing a bunch of them for other stuff, but I was really seriously looking at the Agilia if I was going to do the slab.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I simply went with piers instead for the shed I was building at the time I was considering it as they were doing a bunch of them for other stuff, but I was really seriously looking at the Agilia if I was going to do the slab.

That’s amazing stuff. Makes the job look easy.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

That’s amazing stuff. Makes the job look easy.

Makes a heavy rebar column job a breeze apparently. It’s quite a lot less hard work really. It’s hard at first glance to accept how easy it makes certain jobs.

Doobie

Other than press releases, I cannot find anything about it online. I did not find anyone selling it here in the US either. Reading the information on the concrete vibrator, it looks a positive innovation from Bosch. Even the GVC20EX shows out of stock on Amazon and all of the other sites I saw it on were from Mexico.

They may have held off shipping it to dealers yet.

Well, it appears that Bosch is no longer going to make a concrete vibrator for the US and CA markets at this time. This is why you have found little if any product support out there.

Any possible change since then Jim that that Bosch unit may be coming to NA?

I really want to get a concrete vibrator. 🙁

I found this one on Amazon.ca, but it’s so inexpensive, it scares me as to the quality of the product.

http://www.amazon.ca/DeCarlo-SVP-E-DECARLO-CONCRETE-VIBRATOR/dp/B01BNVPACW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1456066262&sr=8-4&keywords=concrete+vibrators

Next one up that’s not too expensive, but still a brand I’ve never heard of is this one.

http://www.amazon.ca/HandHeld-CONCRETE-VIBRATOR-Shaft-Lightweight/dp/B014ZZI336/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456066262&sr=8-1&keywords=concrete+vibrators

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I think I would go with the Makita cordless if you have that platform. Their tool is fairly reasonable.

Way back I remember having Bosch corded concrete vibrators on jobsites.

Here is a jigsaw type tool for tooling joints in concrete. http://www.bnproducts.com/blog/3-ways-the-robo-joiner-is-changing-the-world-of-concrete/

Clev08
    Pro

@LakeLover what do you mean by fiber? I’ve heard of helix micro rebar, is that the same thing?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

There are over a dozen types of fibres used in concrete from nylon, polypropylene and glass fibers that are about the size of a hair to steel pins and springs that are much bigger. I was at a seminar once and they passed around a box of sample fibers, some looked like what you would sweep off of the floor after a haircut, others looked like plastic paperclips, steel bobby pins and steel springs. I was amazed at the variation of what exists.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I really want to get a concrete vibrator.

I wish Bosch had a vibrator on the market as well. You would think with the Demo Hammers and Bulldogs being popular with concrete that they would have one.

There are over a dozen types of fibres used in concrete from nylon, polypropylene and glass fibers that are about the size of a hair to steel pins and springs that are much bigger. I was at a seminar once and they passed around a box of sample fibers, some looked like what you would sweep off of the floor after a haircut, others looked like plastic paperclips, steel bobby pins and steel springs. I was amazed at the variation of what exists.

It is very interesting. I’m assuming the larger additives like steel springs, bobby pins, paperclips would be much better for the health to work with than glass fiber, steel fiber and plastic fiber. I didn’t know they had so many other additives, thanks Kurt.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

I wish Bosch had a vibrator on the market as well. You would think with the Demo Hammers and Bulldogs being popular with concrete that they would have one.

It seems so odd to me they don’t offer that. I read that Bosch is the biggest concrete bits/cutters manufacturer in the world. You’d think they’d have that.

A 14in concrete cutter would also be an item they should make. Or do they make one and it’s simply NAINA.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It seems so odd to me they don’t offer that. I read that Bosch is the biggest concrete bits/cutters manufacturer in the world. You’d think they’d have that.

A 14in concrete cutter would also be an item they should make. Or do they make one and it’s simply NAINA.

Hey, I have found this Bosch 1365K 14-Inch Portable Abrasive Cut-Off Machine so far but will continue looking. This unit is 27 lbs and is corded not gas. It costs around $1000.
    https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/cutoff-machines-1365k-0601364412–27695-p/
    It can take a diamond blade so would be neat to try out versus a Gas Powered STIHL saw for tuckpointing or cutting masonry units.

A Working Pro since 2004

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

thats the saw I looked up too when Kevin started to took about concrete cutter in the world of concrete thread.
    but I had no clue you can throw in a diamond blade and cut concrete or masonry with it.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Hey, I have found this Bosch 1365K 14-Inch Portable Abrasive Cut-Off Machine so far but will continue looking. This unit is 27 lbs and is corded not gas. It costs around $1000.
    https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/cutoff-machines-1365k-0601364412–27695-p/
    It can take a diamond blade so would be neat to try out versus a Gas Powered STIHL saw for tuckpointing or cutting masonry units.

That I would go for. Jim! Add to list if possible. 🙂

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have a similar saw in a Dewalt. The power and capabilities of the electric are pale in comparison to a gas cutoff saw. We use ours mainly indoors and For small jobs. Any job of size, we rent an electric floor saw. We have used it several times to cut door openings in block walls. it does cut block fairly well, poured concrete no so well. I do not believe you can use water with it either. You can not with my Dewalt, but the vacuum attachment does not work to bad. Husqvarna has an electric saw that will work with water or a vacuum.

Doobie

The power and capabilities of the electric are pale in comparison to a gas cutoff saw.

Good to know. For me it would be for sawing pavers and not solid concrete. I would assume it works for that adequately?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

If you are just cutting pavers, I would go with this MK saw, it is not much more money and a lot more saw. We have also used an electric cutoff saw like the Bosch one shown below with a Diamond blade, it does not work bad. The Gas cutoff is going to be the most versatile however. We have used our gas saw for a lot of pavers and retaining wall block. the electric is not as easy to handle for me due to the way it is held over a gas saw.

Doobie

If you are just cutting pavers, I would go with this MK saw,

I have a 10in Dewalt tile saw already.

I guess I don’t really need that 14in electric saw based on what seems your assessment of this. If it was gas powered, that would be a different assessment by the sounds of it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That I would go for. Jim! Add to list if possible.

That was on the list but was taken off before I could get to it.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.423 seconds