dcsimg

Bosch Concrete Vibrators

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’ve been looking around for a Bosch concrete vibrator and found a few online. Curious to if any are sold here in Canada. I’ll have to do some more research, as I’m sure they are great Bosch products.

Models I have found so far
    Bosch GVC 20 EX Concrete Vibrator 35mm 1400w

Bosch CV300 Concrete Vibrator with 20,000 vibes per min.
    http://www.equipmentworld.com/bosch-cv300-concrete-vibrator-hits-20000-vibrations-per-minute/
    (Picture borrowed)
    This was at the WOC 2015 but haven’t seen anything more about it…

A Working Pro since 2004

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Other than press releases, I cannot find anything about it online. I did not find anyone selling it here in the US either. Reading the information on the concrete vibrator, it looks a positive innovation from Bosch. Even the GVC20EX shows out of stock on Amazon and all of the other sites I saw it on were from Mexico.

They may have held off shipping it to dealers yet.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thanks for also taking a look Kurt. Will be nice to see this hit some stores or dealers and an suggested retail price for the CV300

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

I wonder what it would retail for roughly?

I’d like one, but not necessarily one as good as what the Bosch one looks to be.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’d like one, but not necessarily one as good as what the Bosch one looks to be.

Yeah, the CV300 seems to be for some serious pours. A smaller one would be very handy for small forms/pours.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

Yeah, the CV300 seems to be for some serious pours. A smaller one would be very handy for small forms/pours.

Getting a small cheapo one is on my list of things to buy.

Even at Princess Auto, it’s like $250CDA.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/high-cycle-eccentric-vibrator/A-p8570624e

Are concrete vibrators necessary or recommended for slab work? Or are they mainly for column/walls purposes?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Are concrete vibrators necessary or recommended for slab work? Or are they mainly for column/walls purposes?

If you want a nice finish on the edge of the slab a vibrator would be useful. For higher slumps it also it needed as it helps it settle properly. You can use a hammer or anything the vibrates on the forms for smaller work. Even a palm sander can help.

A Working Pro since 2004

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

vibrators are not used much on slabs on grade unless they are fairly thick with a lot of rebar. They are used on structural slabs, walls and footings mostly.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

didn’t know they were making them out of concrete now..

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

😉 totally different store…

I use my reciprocating saw to vibrate forms when necessary.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

That’s an idea. I guess you just use an old dull blade.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Other than press releases, I cannot find anything about it online. I did not find anyone selling it here in the US either. Reading the information on the concrete vibrator, it looks a positive innovation from Bosch. Even the GVC20EX shows out of stock on Amazon and all of the other sites I saw it on were from Mexico.

They may have held off shipping it to dealers yet.

Well, it appears that Bosch is no longer going to make a concrete vibrator for the US and CA markets at this time. This is why you have found little if any product support out there.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thanks for the heads up @bethepro.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

That’s an idea. I guess you just use an old dull blade.

Thinking further on this idea, is there such a thing as a cylindrically shaped or preferably an intended attachment to use in a recip saw for vibrating concrete?

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

vibrators are not used much on slabs on grade unless they are fairly thick with a lot of rebar. They are used on structural slabs, walls and footings mostly.

This spring I was working at a huge project. No rebar just tons of fiber in ever pour. One guy ran around with a gas powered backpak vibrator. The PM and I got talking and the heavy fiber dose needs a good settling, and with the fiber you don’t have to worry about the aggrigate shaking to far down. If you don’t vibrate enough, there is no fat to work a nice flat surface finish.

My limited experiance with fiber, is that it it needs a lot to work it around rebar.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

This spring I was working at a huge project. No rebar just tons of fiber in ever pour. One guy ran around with a gas powered backpak vibrator. The PM and I got talking and the heavy fiber dose needs a good settling, and with the fiber you don’t have to worry about the aggrigate shaking to far down. If you don’t vibrate enough, there is no fat to work a nice flat surface finish.

My limited experiance with fiber, is that it it needs a lot to work it around rebar.

Very interesting! I appreciate the input to the thread. I guess that would make sense as the fiber would be less fluid and would need some vibration to move. Awesome stuff

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

Any of you guys ever work with Agilia pours? I seriously considered it a few years ago for a shed build base. It arguably makes it a one man job.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1yMHnGOnuhU

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

@utopia78

Very interesting! I appreciate the input to the thread. I guess that would make sense as the fiber would be less fluid and would need some vibration to move. Awesome stuff

So not to have huge quotes to sort thru.

Have you used any plasticisers of water reducing agents ? In stead of just adding more water to a mix.

I have used some on my own projects and it does make the crete much more workable. I have asked others about it and just get a blank stare.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Have you used any plasticisers of water reducing agents ? In stead of just adding more water to a mix.

No, I haven’t yet. Most pours we do are for balcony slabs/slab edges/Patches. The engineer is on site for the truck to make sure we have proper slump, they use the cone method and calculate how long it takes to fall. I’ve had experience where near the end of a truck the concrete sub/driver wants to keep adding water and we have to hold him back from doing it.

I’m assuming when I use the veneer mortar for cultured stone it has the bonding agent in it your talking about?

Any of you guys ever work with Agilia pours? I seriously considered it a few years ago for a shed build base. It arguably makes it a one man job.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1yMHnGOnuhU

No but I will take a look at it, thanks

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.446 seconds