dcsimg

Bosch colt router upgrades??

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The colt router need little that would change the basic form. It is well received and I think most guys still find it one of their favorites. It’s the accessories that most have issue with. I bought the plunge base for the colt and LOVE it. Makes a great high quality base. They need to do the same for a small fixed base.

The other things I want are somewhat cosmetic, and I think could be easily done. Especially the LED and small fixed base with DC. The swivel cord would need a retooling on the housing, but worth it IMO.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

I see the Colt used on DIY and smaller CNC units.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the thing about the dewalt trim router which is the exact same as the porter cable, doesnt exactly feel like a trim router. is much bigger than the colt but the same power i believe.. ill stick with the colt or upgrade to a festool

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That’s true. Power vs size few compete with the colt. And it fits the hand very nicely.

Brad T

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

The colt is a great little router, it would be nice if they did add some of these little additions to make it have all the things the mrc23 router has.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Does the fixed base have a micro adjuster? I own the Makita compact router and this is my only complaint with it…It really should be easier to change the depth in small increments. It has a buckle like latch (it appears that the Colt is the same) that you open and then slide the motor up or down in the base. It’s a gross adjustment at best.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It’s kinda the same, there is a “micro” adjustment with the latch, it takes some getting used to.

Brad T

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.265 seconds