dcsimg

Bosch colt router upgrades??

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I agree completely. They should be selling the raw tools and then the combos should be the full shot. You need the centering cone, and if they include the other items, you use them instead of searching out other aftermarket alternatives.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I agree with the kits and combination of stuff — the accessories they sell are must haves – like the centering cone. I think DC is a must-have too.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Yes, the DC too should be included as well. I just redeemed some BTP points for the DC on the MR23.

I like the full kit for the colt as well with all the bases and other acc.

Brad T

Brad – let us know how you like the DC on the MR23. I am anxious to try it on the plunge base that I ordered. It works well capturing dust on the fixed base, but it is a little clunky changing bits. Better than a spray of chips and saw dust, though. I am really liking this router a lot.

Orange County, CA

I mean, this isn’t every accessory under the sun, but it does have a good bit of them for the colt router… It is sorta along the lines of what we are hoping to see, but I do agree – I am inclined to shop around for other brands’ aftermarket accessories instead of Bosch since it is not included…

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-PR20EVSNK-Installers-Fixed-Base-Variable-Speed/dp/B000EJX202

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

that’s a pretty good combo kit that lots are happy with.

If it only came in an l-boxx with a LED light on the colt and a swivel cord.

🙂

Brad T

And dust collection…

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

and dust collection.

Brad T

Great question! At this time I haven’t heard about any upgrades to the Colt. I’ll check into this and see if anything is in the works and let you know.

@boschtoolsservice
    , any updates?

that’s a pretty good combo kit that lots are happy with.

If it only came in an l-boxx with a LED light on the colt and a swivel cord.

:-)

Would definitely use my points for something like this!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

At the risk of offending many of you…why did you buy the Colt/why do you like it if it has all of these shortcomings? There are a number of alternatives out there that include most if not all of these features.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Think Brad was using his brothers. Sounds to me as if he liked parts of it, just looking at ways to improve it. I don’t think his mind ever slows down, he is always thinking or devising ways to make good things great

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have the single speed colt which is 3 years old now i think.. it could use some upgrades but i wouldnt really call the plunge base an upgrade as much as it is an additional accessory for it.

the swivel chord would definiely be good. cordless not so much i just dont think it would run at high enough speed to be effective plus it would probably make the tool heavier than it needs to be

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Thats what I like about this place, everyone can voice an opinion and how it fits there circumstances. Good insight on what works before you buy.

I am close to pulling the trigger on the baby Dewalt. It has the light, the dust collection, and the plunge base. I don’t need it right now so I might consider waiting if I knew something new was coming to the Colt.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

At the risk of offending many of you…why did you buy the Colt/why do you like it if it has all of these shortcomings? There are a number of alternatives out there that include most if not all of these features.

As Siberian said, I don’t own this router, I have my brothers. It’s a great little router, except….

If the time comes I need to buy a small trim router, unfortunately it most like likely won’t be the bosch colt. 🙁

Think Brad was using his brothers. Sounds to me as if he liked parts of it, just looking at ways to improve it. I don’t think his mind ever slows down, he is always thinking or devising ways to make good things great

Thanks Siberian, that’s a great complement. I usually get told I’m anal. I guess in todays world I would have been diagnosed with OCD when I was a kid 30 years ago. Lots of my close friends ask if I ever sleep at night with my brain racing all the time. It’s just turns into noise and it’s the way I am. 🙂

Brad T

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

won’t be the bosch colt.

What trim router would you get? I have a Ridgid trim router now and the Colt is on my wish list so I can have two.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

won’t be the bosch colt.

What trim router would you get? I have a Ridgid trim router now and the Colt is on my wish list so I can have two.

That dewalt DWP611 would be at the top of my list. Don’t get me wrong. The colt is a great router and the plunge base is SUPERB. But it’s louder then the dewalt, doesn’t have a great small fixed base, doesn’t have the LED (which I REALLY like on the MRC23).

I like the rigid you have as well.

Brad T

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

The Ridgid is a nice trim router but the issue with it is the same issue with a lot of Ridgid’s power tools – a lack of accessories. It is a great tool but I would love to have a plunge base for it.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

To add fuel to this fire, hasn’t the colt been around for quite some time – something like 6+ years if I am not mistaken? (something like 2005 I think)…

edit – yes – http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/html/734_3425.htm

It does seem like an update would be in order. Surely it is in the works… Hopefully Bosch is adding the features Brad has mentioned – it would certainly be nice. Perhaps they are working on a new cordless version to really surprise us

John S

One thing to “note” is that Bosch did not come out with their Colt plunge base for quite a while after releasing the colt – 2012 (it is clearly similar to the design for the MC23 plunge base, so the wait was probably worth it)
    http://www.coptool.com/bosch-releases-plunge-base-for-colt-router/

AKA Bosch hasn’t given up supporting the colt and I am hopeful they have something in the works

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.440 seconds