dcsimg

Bosch cet3-10 cet4-20

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to know what happen to the bosch line compressors they seem to disappear. I have 2 compressot one is 3 years old cet4-20 but last year I saw one on menards that was cet3-10 buy that also since cet4-20 is on the heavy side little but great power I was thinking cet3-10 was gonna have hard time for recovery but it’s fast around 13 second to recover cet4-20 is around 10 second. I use synthetic oil for the compressors royal purple compressor oil. They seem to be more quite with the synthetic oil.I will probibly have these compressor for life time cuz everytime u empty the tanks they drain perfectly and everything gets out not like other ones you gotta twist or shake it. Very well design

I’ve always wondered what happened to that line aside from some of the supposed failings on some of the nail guns. I know the 23 gauge pinner is good, I have it. All I know is supposedly the 18 and 16 gauge are a little iffy about sinking to full depth. In Europe they’re still selling the pneumatic line as far as I can tell.

The Bosch compressors are really good and I missed out on an opportunity a while back to grab one. Now I have a Makita but I’m really unimpressed by the motor duty cycle (50%) and I regret not getting the Bosch compressors.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

nice pictures @ozturkebrahem
    I always wanted to grab a CET4-20W but I waited to long and then bosch discontinued them. all the sudden the items vanished from the market.
    I order one from CPO (refurbished) but it was a piece of junk…rusted, covered in oil, scratch up…seen better days…and thats what they called “refurbished”
    that item never seen that department, skipped right thru them and landed again in the shelf.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

Both of them I buy new small one is 6 months old other one is been around did lot of work for me. Reliable compressor never had a problem on cold start. I believe it’s all about the oil. I never had problem with my mailers too. I oil them all the time never leave a nail in the magazines.gotta take care the tools I just wash all I’m bags and gonna wipe the tools down dust kills these tools.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Both of them I buy new small one is 6 months old other one is been around did lot of work for me. Reliable compressor never had a problem on cold start. I believe it’s all about the oil. I never had problem with my mailers too. I oil them all the time never leave a nail in the magazines.gotta take care the tools I just wash all I’m bags and gonna wipe the tools down dust kills these tools.

Same with a car – maintenance is important. if you don’t change the oil filter, oil, spark plugs etc it will break down.
    When you oil your nailers and keep them clean…they will last.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah never heard a bad thing about them, they seem to be pretty good. I also liked the design. Though i never did see one for sale up here in Canada.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I’ve never even seen anyone use them by me in jersey. Suppose they just never gained market share.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

It really makes you wonder why they got out of the pneumatic tools for the regular JOE.

I think they still sell some pneumatic tools but over on their automotive tools side of things.

It would be nice if the compressors were still around.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Does Bosch still have a pneumatic line in Europe?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

I wish they would have continued their pneumatic line also, I have their 23 ga, 18 ga, 15 ga, and full head framing nailer. They are all fantastic quality and I haven’t had a jam on any of them yet. My only complaints are occasionally the 18 ga leaves a brad about 1/8″ proud, and for some reason their full head framing nailer doesn’t have a dry fire lockout though their clipped head framer does.

I was going to pick up their compressor also, but they were discontinued before I could and also on the heavy side. I went with a Rolair JC-10 instead and have been really happy with it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Does Bosch still have a pneumatic line in Europe?

they still have a bunch of service tools.
    pneumatic jigsaw, pneumatic RO sander, pneumatic drills, pneumatic angle grinder etc etc.
    but their nailer and air compressor are disappearing too – very sad actually.
    the fan boy association was really into those products.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have the larger one that i keep in my garage. It has not been used a lot but i do not have any issues with it. it is a little slow to start when it is cold however.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have the larger one that i keep in my garage. It has not been used a lot but i do not have any issues with it. it is a little slow to start when it is cold however.

do you have the 4 gal with wheels or without ?!

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

yes, it is the 4 gal with wheels

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

yes, it is the 4 gal with wheels

Oh nice, so you got the better unit. because the 4gal without wheels has different specs. lower cfm and higher recovery time. But to me it looks like its the same air compressor. except the wheels and handle 😀

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve never even seen anyone use them by me in jersey. Suppose they just never gained market share.

None of them have ever been spotted out here. Never on site or tool store shelves.

I’ve sadly never seen any of the Bosch compressors in person. Wish I could fine some new-old-stock somewhere. All I hear is nightmare stories about people getting bad refurbished from CPO and other vendors.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Buying a reconditioned compressor that has been discontinued is a real crap shoot. When the tool is new there are a lot of new returns that end up as recons, but now there are just worn out units that failed prematurely under warranty.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’ve sadly never seen any of the Bosch compressors in person. Wish I could fine some new-old-stock somewhere. All I hear is nightmare stories about people getting bad refurbished from CPO and other vendors.

I will upload some pictures later on from the refurbished Bosch CET4-20W (the 4gal with wheels) I received from CPO. I believe it was before they discontinued them. just a night mare!

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

as long as the motor does not go out, you can repair about anything on a compressor. I had the pressure adjuster fo out on a Hitachi compressor and you had to buy the whole manifold to repair it. I was able to use an off the shelf pressure adjustment and common plumbing parts to build my own manifold for a fraction of what the repair parts sold for. Thay wanted almost as much for a new compressor as they wanted for that manifole and valve.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.554 seconds