dcsimg

Bosch CCS180BL 18v Circular Saw – Questions

This topic contains 198 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  woodman_412 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 199 total)
  • Author

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Thinking of getting rid of the DeWalt and getting the Bosch once I have enough points.

A few questions:

One of the other threads mentioned some issues/difficulty removing/installing the blade. Any input on that?

Does the saw in the rewards program (“bare”) come with a fence or does that have to be purchased separately?

Does it come in a L-Boxx?

The reviews all seem to be pretty good. For those that own it, what are your thoughts?

Resident Sign Guy

redwood
    Pro

Mine came in a L-box, without a battery or charger. No fence.

I’ve only changed the blade once, and yes I had difficulty for some reason. Never figured it out. At some point the new blade just popped on. Got to be a secret.

I like the saw, a lot. My only previous experience with a cordless circular saw was a NiCad DeWalt. This runs circles around that saw.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Thanks, Mark.

It looks closer to a wormdrive design (as far as the handle location anyway). Seems like a nice design.

Resident Sign Guy

One of the other threads mentioned some issues/difficulty removing/installing the blade. Any input on that?

Does the saw in the rewards program (“bare”) come with a fence or does that have to be purchased separately?

Does it come in a L-Boxx?

I have only changed blades once as well, but I made sure to look at the manual and didn’t have any issues.

No fence like Mark said. I think this one will fit the saw, but not positive: http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-95100-Saw-Adjustable-Fence/dp/B0000302RZ

Anytime a combo has the “L” at the end of it, it comes with an L-boxx. It comes in an L3

I like mine but need to get a better blade. And dust collection has spoiled me to where I am not as big of a fan of my cordless circ as I probably would be otherwise

John S

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I love mine. I have changed the blade twice without an issue. I have had DeWalt and Ridgid cordless saws – I was not very impressed with the Dewalt. The Ridgid is actually a really nice saw but is lacking the one feature I like best about the Bosch – the blade on the left.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Resident Sign Guy

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Good questions – I am thinking about doing the same and going from the 20v dewalt to the Bosch. I do like the DeWalt – I am tempted to wait for Bosch to put out a brushless 18v in the future.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

That saw is the next in line for purchase.

Glad to hear it comes well recommended.

I am tempted to wait for Bosch to put out a brushless 18v in the future.

I would imagine it is about a year or two away. Even if Bosch came out with it sooner than later, it would probably be NAINA for a while to begin 🙁

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I use it for the rough work. It doesn’t run as smooth and feel as tight as my Makita. The Makita I’ve put a better blade on it and use it for trim and nicer cuts.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

if the blades you mention that are hard to put on are the bosch blades, im pretty sure its just do to a combination of the arbor bolt hole being made to a tight tolerance in combination with the paint on the blade being on the inner edge which makes for a overly tight fit when putting the blade on. ive had this issue with hte bosch blades on my makita cordless. just take a utitlity knife and scrape some of the paint off the blade in the hole.

its no different than driver bits that have a solid coat of paint on them for size indicating when putting them into a impact driver..

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Anonymous

I really like mine and had no issues changing the blade, If I remember right it has some weird washer that ya have to tighten just so far for a safety slip thing. I’ve only used it a few times but I thought it was great, To me it feels like a toy in yer hand but it sure cuts nice

Moze
    Dallas, TX

A buddy of mine is buying my DeWalt off me so I was going to use points to get the Bosch saw. Problem is, I don’t have enough points yet. oh well, soon enough.

Resident Sign Guy

If I remember right it has some weird washer that ya have to tighten just so far for a safety slip thing.

Correct – once it is hand tight, you are supposed to use the allen wrench to make it tight past two more lines

John S

Quick question from my end: do you guys think that this dust chute adapter will fit on the 18v model?

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-CSDCHUTE-Dust-Attachment-CS10/dp/B000WA9586

(I imagine you can adapt it on some level to work like this video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvnY46ckmhM – but the issue is the blade being on the opposite side…. any ideas?)

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The question is why when you have a TS55?? If you are going to run a vac line, isn’t it easier to just grab the ts55 as well??

I am sure it could be rigged to fit??

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I would imagine it is about a year or two away. Even if Bosch came out with it sooner than later, it would probably be NAINA for a while to begin

You might be right – although we did catch the last wave of Brushless stuff at almost the same time as the EU last time around.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If I remember right it has some weird washer that ya have to tighten just so far for a safety slip thing.

Correct – once it is hand tight, you are supposed to use the allen wrench to make it tight past two more lines

What?

Dirty

What?

http://mdm.boschwebservices.com/files/2610034442%2003-14_CCS180%20r120009v2.pdf
    From the manual, see #5 when it comes to changing the blade

1. Turn BLADE STUD with wrench provided clockwise and remove BLADE STUD and OUTER WASHER (Fig. 2). If the shaft moves while attempting to loosen the blade stud press the lock button (Fig. 1).
    2. Retract the lower guard all the way up into the upper guard. While retracting the lower guard, check operation and condition of the LOWER GUARD SPRING.
    3. Make sure the saw teeth and arrow on the blade point in the same direction as the arrow on the lower guard.
    4. Slide blade through slot in the foot and mount it against the INNER WASHER on the shaft. Be sure the large diameter of the OUTER washer lays flush against the blade.
    5. Reinstall OUTER WASHER and tighten BLADE STUD finger tight. The face of upper guard has marks around it that will help you properly adjust the blade stud. Press lock button to lock shaft and TIGHTEN BLADE STUD COUNTER-CLOCKWISE TWO MARKS ON UPPER GUARD WITH THE WRENCH PROVIDED.

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What?

http://mdm.boschwebservices.com/files/2610034442%2003-14_CCS180%20r120009v2.pdf

From the manual, see #5 when it comes to changing the blade

1. Turn BLADE STUD with wrench provided clockwise and remove BLADE STUD and OUTER WASHER (Fig. 2). If the shaft moves while attempting to loosen the blade stud press the lock button (Fig. 1).
    2. Retract the lower guard all the way up into the upper guard. While retracting the lower guard, check operation and condition of the LOWER GUARD SPRING.
    3. Make sure the saw teeth and arrow on the blade point in the same direction as the arrow on the lower guard.
    4. Slide blade through slot in the foot and mount it against the INNER WASHER on the shaft. Be sure the large diameter of the OUTER washer lays flush against the blade.
    5. Reinstall OUTER WASHER and tighten BLADE STUD finger tight. The face of upper guard has marks around it that will help you properly adjust the blade stud. Press lock button to lock shaft and TIGHTEN BLADE STUD COUNTER-CLOCKWISE TWO MARKS ON UPPER GUARD WITH THE WRENCH PROVIDED.

You really read the manual.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 199 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 3.072 seconds