dcsimg

Bosch BT152 tripod

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Does anyone here have this tripod Bosch BT 152 Contractor grade aluminum tripod?

I was wondering how you like it. It is designed for use with their lasers and levels.

Any good or bad experiences?

Also I wonder if you can use it for other purposes? I assume if you want to say mount a camera to it you need some sort of adapter.

I wonder if there is a way to mount a Bosch 12V or 18V light onto it?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Looking at the specs, the mounting screw is a 5/8/11 thread. This is the same thread used on most lasers and transits, therefore it should fit almost all lasers and transits.

I pulled out a tripod I have and tried the threads that ate on one of the handles of the 18V floodlight. They are the same, so you could use the tripod to mount your GLI18N-1900 floodlight also. My guess is that you would have to make an adapter to mount a camera.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Looking at the specs, the mounting screw is a 5/8/11 thread. This is the same thread used on most lasers and transits, therefore it should fit almost all lasers and transits.

I pulled out a tripod I have and tried the threads that ate on one of the handles of the 18V floodlight. They are the same, so you could use the tripod to mount your GLI18N-1900 floodlight also. My guess is that you would have to make an adapter to mount a camera.

Thanks Kurt. I have a GLI18V-420B and it does not have a mounting hole to accept a male stud. Oh well, I will check my lasers tomorrow. I found a Bosch tripod at Lowes marked down to $15 and I may have bought it with nothing to mount LOL.

Does anyone here have this tripod Bosch BT 152 Contractor grade aluminum tripod?

I was wondering how you like it. It is designed for use with their lasers and levels.

Any good or bad experiences?

Also I wonder if you can use it for other purposes? I assume if you want to say mount a camera to it you need some sort of adapter.

I wonder if there is a way to mount a Bosch 12V or 18V light onto it?

I bought the Bosch bt150 a few years ago , it has a 1/4 inch threaded bolt for most small lasers and even the small FL12 lights , I never tried a camera , but I assume if it is 1/4 threaded it should be fine , I like the tripod so far , for the price I paid it’s good ,

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Thanks Kurt. I have a GLI18V-420B and it does not have a mounting hole to accept a male stud. Oh well, I will check my lasers tomorrow. I found a Bosch tripod at Lowes marked down to $15 and I may have bought it with nothing to mount LOL.

I did not realize until responding to your post yesterday that the GLI18N-1900 Floodlight would mount to the tripods. I will make use of that going forward.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I bought the Bosch bt150 a few years ago , it has a 1/4 inch threaded bolt for most small lasers and even the small FL12 lights

This BT152 has a 5/8-11 thread so I will need some adapter to get it down to 1/4. Both my lasers red and green are 1/4.

In addition, it is obvious this is intended for lasers as the mounting mechanism is such that it’s like a pendulum. The male threaded stud is resting on a semi-floating bracket so whatever you mount to it will need to be weight balanced.

To mount the lasers I will need an adapter to go from 5/8-11 female to 1/4-20 male studs.

My Bosch 18V light is not mountable though.

If I mount a camera to it I will need to come up with some contraption to “fix” the mounting stud or else it will just tilt sideways.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I think the line lasers are 1/4”, but my rotating lasers have always been the 5:8”

I think the line lasers are 1/4”, but my rotating lasers have always been the 5:8”

Hey Kurt , I just responded to @Miamicuse but looks like it disappeared.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I don’t see any thing in the penalty box from you for approval. I would just try again.

Okay this is strange , I just quoted your response Kurt , and it’s also gone 🤷

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Not sure what is going on, the last things on the dashboard for approval are from the 25th.

It’s funny because I was able to quote in another thread 🤷 oh well , not a big deal

I was just going to let Sami @Miamicuse know if he cannot find one , I’ll have one made in the machine shop here and send it to him if he needs it

I don’t see any thing in the penalty box from you for approval. I would just try again.

Okay , thanks Kurt , I quoted his post , I’ve noticed sometimes that happens with multiple quotes and pictures.

@Miamicuse
    let me know if you cannot find one , I’ll have one made in our machine shop and send it to you 👍

I bought the Bosch bt150 a few years ago , it has a 1/4 inch threaded bolt for most small lasers and even the small FL12 lights

This BT152 has a 5/8-11 thread so I will need some adapter to get it down to 1/4. Both my lasers red and green are 1/4.

In addition, it is obvious this is intended for lasers as the mounting mechanism is such that it’s like a pendulum. The male threaded stud is resting on a semi-floating bracket so whatever you mount to it will need to be weight balanced.

To mount the lasers I will need an adapter to go from 5/8-11 female to 1/4-20 male studs.

If I mount a camera to it I will need to come up with some contraption to “fix” the mounting stud or else it will just tilt sideways.

Well let me know if you cannot find one , I’ll see if I can get one made in our machine shop , and send it out to you

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Fixed it for you Brian.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Fixed it for you Brian.

🙏👍 Thank you Ron , 🍻

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

This might be what you’re looking for. Guesstimating by looking at the pic it’s about a 3″ diameter which should sit flat on the tripod top

@Miamicuse
    Did you get anything , or haven’t had time to look around

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Here’s that link I posted above that also disappeared…

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Here’s that link I posted above that also disappeared…

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe loading=”lazy” title=”AdirPro Tripod Adapter 5/8 x 11 to 1/4 x 20″ type=”text/html” width=”770″ height=”550″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” style=”max-width:100%” src=”https://read.amazon.com/kp/card?preview=inline&linkCode=kpd&ref_=k4w_oembed_OQpLS88iV3k0sd&asin=B011MIDS20&tag=kpembed-20″></iframe></figure&gt;

Looks like it disappeared again.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.274 seconds