dcsimg

Bosch brute cases

This topic contains 105 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  ChadM 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 106 total)
  • Author

My HD1020VC is in a big brute case. It has no foam in with it.

Is it called a brute case? Didn’t realize there were other cases from Bosch called brute cases.

The brute cases I am thinking about in this thread are the ones for accessories – impact bits, drill bits, etc.

John S

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Ok now I am confused. What are the cases called that things like bits come in?

What are cases called that larger tools come in? If it’s not an lboxx. ?

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Ahh well that clears it up a little. So what are the cases that larger sized tools come in ?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was surprised to find that Bosch still had blow molded cases and metal boxes. I figured all that would have been converted to L-Boxxes.

No, I have a uku pile of blow molded cases.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I was surprised to find that Bosch still had blow molded cases and metal boxes. I figured all that would have been converted to L-Boxxes.

No, I have a uku pile of blow molded cases.

If you ever want to get rid of them it’s easy to sell cases on Craigslist. Got rid of a lot of cases in the past.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s my brute case…

Attachments:

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Here’s my brute case…

I’m pretty sure that tool fits in that case but it doesn’t look like it would. That thing is a monster.

Ahh well that clears it up a little. So what are the cases that larger sized tools come in ?

Those are just generically referred to as blow molded cases I think?

John S

I thought I read on the Bosch site that some tools come in cases called Brutes, too.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I thought I read on the Bosch site that some tools come in cases called Brutes, too.

Like dirty showed a pic of above

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

it is possible they called them brute cases as well im not sure. But originally the tread was for the little ones for blades and bits

Can someone post a pic of how the blade and bit Brute cases fit in a L-Boxx, i-Boxx and LST72 drawer. These might be good solutions for small quantity items.

Anonymous

Yes, that’s surprising. Wonder how much cost difference there is. Would think a L-Boxx would be cheaper overall since all they have to make for a tool is a insert versus a custom blow molded case specifically for that tool.

An Lbox wouldn’t be big enough to hold everything for the MRC23EVSK kit, This case is a LOT bigger than an Lbox. I mean a LOT bigger, Maybe I’ll take a side by side pic for comparison

MRC23EVSK

Could you please take a comparison pic? Wouldn’t think a router would take up that much space.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Mines in a L4 🙂 It’s all in there with DC and edge guide and templates. It’s tight and only goes in one way, but it works.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

ya that kit would need two boxes. A single router maybe but not with both bases

Anonymous

Mines in a L4 :-) It’s all in there with DC and edge guide and templates. It’s tight and only goes in one way, but it works.

Wowwy LOL, So that’s what an Lbox4 looks like. Here’s a pic of the blow mold case in front of an Lbox3D, I guess an Lbox4 is deeper yet

Mines in a L4 :-) It’s all in there with DC and edge guide and templates. It’s tight and only goes in one way, but it works.

Wowwy LOL, So that’s what an Lbox4 looks like. Here’s a pic of the blow mold case in front of an Lbox3D, I guess an Lbox4 is deeper yet

The L-Boxx 4 is much taller than a 3. The 3D is inbetween the 3 and the 4.

My Makita track saw cannot clear the 3 but has lots of space in the 4.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Funny enough, the router blow mold is the only one I have kept. I just can’t come to throwing it out. It’s just layed out SOOOO nice. But I do use the L4 80% of the time

Both bases fit in the L4. I tried searching but I couldn’t find the thread, there are a bunch of pictures of it on here some where.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.553 seconds