dcsimg

Bosch brute cases

This topic contains 105 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  ChadM 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • Author

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The label makers are all ok. It’s the label that you need to be wary of. I have dyno and used some old stock labels (I think they were generic) as dyno labels can be expensive.

Once I bought new labels of a different brand, I can’t lift them off any more and they can be a pain if you need to re-label.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

P-touch solves everything when it comes to labels!

Anonymous

I like the brute cases. The inserts for various tools are a good idead. How about coming out with foam inserts that could be used for that weird stuff we all have, but have no case for. The foam could be perforated in squares so you can remove just what you need to store yore tool.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Welcome @boatbldr

i think you might want to check out the L-boxx thread. I think that will have lots of ideas for you.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-2-0-inside-of-l-boxx-storage-setup/

the brute cases are the small cases for drill bits and JS blades etc.

BTW, what kind of boats do you build?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous

I like the brute cases. The inserts for various tools are a good idead. How about coming out with foam inserts that could be used for that weird stuff we all have, but have no case for. The foam could be perforated in squares so you can remove just what you need to store yore tool.

Hey a new member, Welcome to the place. I too am interested in what kind of boats you make? Bosch has a pick & pluck foam like you’re asking about, There are better options in my opinion. Ya just can’t get that clean looking trim job with them

Hey a new member, Welcome to the place. I too am interested in what kind of boats you make? Bosch has a pick & pluck foam like you’re asking about, There are better options in my opinion. Ya just can’t get that clean looking trim job with them

@boatbldr – welcome! Like @dabbs said, here is Bosch’s offering:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Foam-201-Pre-Cut-L-Boxx2-Transport/dp/B00BD5G7H6

And like he said, I would recommend fast cap’s kaizen foam or something else. The Bosch foam is OK but not my favorite.

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/Kaizen-Foam-p13435.htm

John S

@boatbldr
    Welcome to BTP. What kind of boats do you build? Yeah, I agree with Dabbs on the foam not being the best. I haven’t used the Bosch foam buy have seen the results and don’t like the way it looks and how the tool fits since the little square sections move.

Haven’t decided to foam or not to foam yet but will look into Kaizen or other options, if I do use foam.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It would be nice if you could get L-Boxxes with kaizen foam already in them.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Is kaizen a kind of foam or more of a brand?

That would be nice if the price worked out similar to Kaizen.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Interesting stuff.

Anonymous

I thought I was going to need some of this Kaizen foam for my new impact as Bosch doesn’t make an inlay for it and it didn’t come in an Lbox, I assumed it was going to come in a bag or nothing. Much to my surprise it came in a custom formed blow mold case, I’m not going to worry about stuffing it in an Lbox now. Ain’t no reason for me to make it stackable,

The same thing happened with my mrc23 router kit. That case is huge and just fine, Besides that the router isn’t going to live in it anyway. Although I think I will put the extra base in an Lbox along with accessories

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m think that would be great or a voucher to mail in for a discount chunk if you need it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

The Kaizen foam looks like neat stuff.
    How does it hold up to storing tools with residual dust on them? Oil?
    I know you could always take off another top layer to clean it up some, but can it be washed out without peeling apart?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Much to my surprise it came in a custom formed blow mold case,

Yep Bosch is all over the map on storage. L-Boxxes, bags, blow molded cases, metal boxes. Hard to figure out their strategy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Much to my surprise it came in a custom formed blow mold case,

Yep Bosch is all over the map on storage. L-Boxxes, bags, blow molded cases, metal boxes. Hard to figure out their strategy.

I imagine part of that is the fact that not everyone has come to see the light on l-boxxes 🙂

But seriously, lots of people are happy with the blow molded cases / bags so no reason to force them into the l-boxxes

The Kaizen foam looks like neat stuff.
    How does it hold up to storing tools with residual dust on them? Oil?
    I know you could always take off another top layer to clean it up some, but can it be washed out without peeling apart?

Not sure about how cleaning oil off of it would go, but dust doesn’t phase it.

It takes a lot of intentionality to peel off a layer, so I am thinking it will be quite durable.

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My HD1020VC is in a big brute case. It has no foam in with it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was surprised to find that Bosch still had blow molded cases and metal boxes. I figured all that would have been converted to L-Boxxes.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was surprised to find that Bosch still had blow molded cases and metal boxes. I figured all that would have been converted to L-Boxxes.

Yes, that’s surprising. Wonder how much cost difference there is. Would think a L-Boxx would be cheaper overall since all they have to make for a tool is a insert versus a custom blow molded case specifically for that tool.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.541 seconds