dcsimg

Bosch Belt Sander (+Stand/Fence) – 1273DVS

This topic contains 39 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  roninohio 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author

So, I just picked up this bad boy for a great price.

A few notes:

1) it is HUGE and heavy (not a bad thing)
    2) it is in amazing shape.
    3) finding the stand and fence for it has been a bit of an adventure. More on that below.

John S

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Sweet sander! A couple years ago, I looked high and low for that sander and came up empty. I ended up buying a Makita 9404 24×4 sander and building a stand for it. I’ll see if I can locate a few pictures.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous

I think the stand would be a must for that, Is it a bench stand or floor? I have one similar to that (Skil) and I end up clamping it upside down in my vise a lot…What ya gonna sand? That thing will eat a lot of material in a short time

I will attempt to attach the schematics after posting this. I am having issues getting my post to go through due to lag on my end, so it will be updated soon.

The stand # is 1608932026. This is typically shown as the stand for the 1276 belt sander. This stand is entirely discontinued except for a few screws/misc pieces from Bosch’s Online Parts deal. BUT I found it on ebay for an OK price (more than I wished).
    Quick note about the stand (I do not have it yet). I called Bosch customer service and they verified that this stand DOES work with the 1273DVS. As I said, it is listed on most sites as only working with the 1276 models (no idea what the difference is between these models), BUT Bosch CS confirmed in a 2000 Bosch tool catalog that the 1273DVS is listed as compatible. Besides, the 1273 and 1276 models look quite similar from pics online.

The fence for the 1276 stand is #1608932046
    http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Bosch-/-1608932046-Spare-Parts__p-46862.aspx
    Now, I was unable to find this fence online, BUT I was able to find the fence for the 1274DVS belt sander – part # 2607001079. Thus, this gets a little more complicated

Now, these two stands are basically identical from schematics apart from how they attach to the sander (see attached – compare upper rights). Unfortunately, Bosch has discontinued the screws for attaching the 702/20 – STOP BRACKET to my belt sander. Thus, I had to call Bosch CS a few more times to get some more details. Here it is in case anyone else ever has to replicate my work (odds are slim but you never know).

I need to find
    qty 2 of 702/110 – COUNTERSUNK-HEAD SCREW DIN 963-M6x14mm-4.8

and qty 1 of part 702/140 – (not quite sure on type of screw – see below)

702/140 on the schematic (doesnt mean much necessarily) looks quite a bit similar to 702/70 – which is a socket head cap screw DIN 84 – M5x16mm-8.8.
    Bosch CS said all he could find out about the 702/140 is that it was M6x14mmm so we will see if I can play around with it and make something work. I am guessing it is a socket head cap screw m6x14mm.

I ended up ordering three parts from Bosch (GREAT customer service by the way). Two to make the 1274 fence (#2607001079) work on my sander and one extra screw to see if it might work for one of those 3 screws listed above.

The parts I ordered:
    Item Part
    2608010007 STOP BRACKET
    1610210043 O-Ring
    2910021158 SCREW

We will see if this all pays off lol.

John S

Sweet sander! A couple years ago, I looked high and low for that sander and came up empty. I ended up buying a Makita 9404 24×4 sander and building a stand for it. I’ll see if I can locate a few pictures.

I knew as soon as I saw it I had to jump on it – mostly because it is in amazing condition.

I think the stand would be a must for that, Is it a bench stand or floor?

Bench stand. See here: http://www.internationaltool.com/bosch-1608932026-sanding-stand

What ya gonna sand? That thing will eat a lot of material in a short time

It was such a deal that it wasn’t so much about having a project in mind as it was more of a “why not” grab 🙂

John S

Anonymous

The stand doesn’t look too bad but it may need to be secured to a bench, For the price of it I’ll stick to my vice method. It’s quicker anyway, I wouldn’t worry about getting the screws from Bosch LOL. Ain’t no reason to not go to the local hardware store for that, The fence may come in handy once in a great while but for only little tiny pieces. It ain’t like that belt is very long, I rarely have a need for one. Just sounds like more apparatus to remove to use it by hand, Might help on the resale value though

It’s quicker anyway, I wouldn’t worry about getting the screws from Bosch LOL. Ain’t no reason to not go to the local hardware store for that

my only concern was the fact they were metric – seems like some places don’t have the best selection on it. I am sure I can find something that will work.

The stand doesn’t look too bad but it may need to be secured to a bench,

Totally – I am thinking I will mount it to a piece of ply (1/2? 3/4?) and then use clamps to secure to bench

John S

From the pictures it looks super clean . What you pay for it .

Always willing to learn .

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

… Unfortunately, Bosch has discontinued the screws for attaching the 702/20 – STOP BRACKET to my belt sander. …<P>I need to find<BR>qty 2 of 702/110 – COUNTERSUNK-HEAD SCREW DIN 963-M6x14mm-4.8</P>…<P>We will see if this all pays off lol.</P>

Start here – http://www.fastenal.com/web/products?term=M6x14mm&searchMode=
    If they don’t have it, you don’t need it.
    I finally went in the store in my little town and was overwhelmed – why had I never gone there before? Would have saved many hours.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

No luck finding a picture…I’ll have to take some tomorrow.

This is the original design I used. It’s basical a cradle that holds the sander secure. I almost exclusively use it face up though. I probably need to add a 90* fence to the thing as well. It would make edge sanding much easier. To be honest, I rarely use mine out of the stand anymore.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Belt-Sander-Stand/step1/Design/

Jon P.
    Instagram

woodman_412

Looks like a great sander John, where did you find it at?

Dan

danpattison.com

staker
    Pro

Before I got my stationary belt disc sander I use to put my 3×24 makita sander in a woodworking vise upside down for small pieces. I like the 3×24 because I could put a 4×24 belt on it and it was lighter to use than the big 4×24. Nice sander by the way John.

kzcarp
    Pro

Those are amazing sanders. Good luck with it. I’ve scribed lots of countertops and trim with mine. I think the difference between the models is the folding front handle and maybe magnesium cast parts. I always wanted the stand but never go around to getting one.

kevin

Congrats on the new sander John!! Thing looks like a beast!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Looks like a great sander John, where did you find it at?

craigslist. I almost never ever ever ever like to spend time looking there. But whaddya know!?

I think the difference between the models is the folding front handle and maybe magnesium cast parts

ohh, I think you are on to something!

Start here – http://www.fastenal.com/web/products?term=M6x14mm&searchMode=
    If they don’t have it, you don’t need it.

haha totally – fastenal is definitely the place to look. Thanks for the link!

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice find John S. Hope you can find the stand for a reasonable price.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hope you can find the stand for a reasonable price.

Yeah reasonable price doesn’t exist on the stand or fence from what I can tell, but I will see what I can do. I got the sander for $50 so I was very happy with that.

John S

Yeah reasonable price doesn’t exist on the stand or fence from what I can tell, but I will see what I can do. I got the sander for $50 so I was very happy with that.

Awesome score! I always look for good deals on used stuff. A lot of people I know go to garage sales or swap meets and get really good deals on tools.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That’s a great price ! I sold my BS, it was well used and ready to be replaced anyway. I bought it used in good condition too and sold it for more than I paid so that was a win. Still not sure what I want to replace it.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Here’s my stand. Just a simple, form fit box really. The sander is held in place by a pair of bolts that squeeze the frame to the body of the sander.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.466 seconds