dcsimg

Bosch 4100-09 table extensions interference

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Well I thought I would get the ball rolling on this sub forum. I recently did a review of the accessories for the portable table saw:

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/accessories-review-for-bosch-10-table-saw-with-gravity-rise-stand-4100-09/

and it mentions and shows the issue with the extensions interference. Is there anything that can be done about this beside rotating the C clip when it catches?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I might be able to come up with a few suggestions but first, Since I’ve never seen that saw in person I need to know if that rod turns freely? And just how much clearance is there? And how tight is the hole on the rod at the other end? I’m thinking ‘O’ ring right off the bat, but I need more info. And I love seeing pics of that saw so feel free to post more 🙂

I just realized you posted this in the sub-forum for talking with the Power Tools Customer Service. I am going to tag them in hopes that it might catch their attention. I obviously don’t own the saw, but I think I recall reading a few different guys who came up with some okay solutions on amazon.com

But maybe @boschtoolsservice can help

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, I’ve been thinking on this one and I think I got it..Maybe, If the rod fits pretty tight in the hole I think you should be able to find a piston wrist pin circlip that would fit, Although they are an internal ring you should be able to find one that’ll fit tight enough to stay on. And/or, A drive shaft circlip would be good too. They’re external and would work as long as the hole clearance is tight

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

that would work. There is actually enough play in the rod that it does go under. And when you turn the clip so that the opening is at the top, it clears. But it doesn’t stay there.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.458 seconds