dcsimg

Bosch 4100-09 router insert 2.0

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • Author

@Montreal_Medic
    http://www.cab1net.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32560#p32560

I can’t find the exact post right now, but I saw someone use what looked like the bracket used to secure the table extension to actually join the rails together as a pair to make that double long setup. The post I linked had the rails welded together but I recall seeing someone using brackets to do the same thing effectively.

@Montreal_Medic
    http://www.cab1net.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32560#p32560

I can’t find the exact post right now, but I saw someone use what looked like the bracket used to secure the table extension to actually join the rails together as a pair to make that double long setup. The post I linked had the rails welded together but I recall seeing someone using brackets to do the same thing effectively.

I dont think Ive ever seen a Tagalog/English forum before

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

They are OEM and come with the saw. You can buy them from bosch as parts.

I think you could get away with just one and cut it in half. Using half on the front and half on the back and put the OEM out feed that was on the right side (now replaced with the router insert) on the left side. I would have to check and make sure it would still fold up on the gravity rise stand.

IMG_3300 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

IMG_3316 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey @thedude306 , I got my router insert 2.0 in yesterday. WooHoo!! Thank you very much…..

Anyone recognize my version of Brads insert idea? (page 2) I tried my best to copy it exactly…………….. Ok ok no I didn’t LOL, It’s because he was kind enough to send me his old one 🙂 . And I must say this thing is built tough and fits like a glove, Great modification Brad. I love it

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Wow I love this idea, how did I not think of this before. Now I am inspired.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Hey thedude306 , I got my router insert 2.0 in yesterday. WooHoo!! Thank you very much…..

Anyone recognize my version of Brads insert idea? (page 2) I tried my best to copy it exactly…………….. Ok ok no I didn’t LOL, It’s because he was kind enough to send me his old one :) . And I must say this thing is built tough and fits like a glove, Great modification Brad. I love it

That was nice of Brad to send you his old one.
    Looks great, we now need all measurements and materials list so it can be boot legged. LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Very nice of Brad, this is very cool project, I am not sure how I missed it earlier.

Will

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Glad it worked out for you Dabbs! I sure do like having the extra router set up.

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad it worked out for you Dabbs! I sure do like having the extra router set up.

Are you still interested in extending the rails?

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Hey @thedude306 , I got my router insert 2.0 in yesterday. WooHoo!! Thank you very much…..

Congrats that’s a great addition to your saw Dabbs.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anyone recognize my version of Brads insert idea? (page 2) I tried my best to copy it exactly…………….. Ok ok no I didn’t LOL, It’s because he was kind enough to send me his old one :) . And I must say this thing is built tough and fits like a glove, Great modification Brad. I love it

That’s a pretty cool idea . What holds it in place for you .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s a pretty cool idea . What holds it in place for you .

It mounts to the rails exactly like the little table extension does,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hey that is a really nice idea. Congrats on getting on Boyd.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey that is a really nice idea. Congrats on getting on Boyd.

Now I’ll need to add to my table saw fence on the router side, Maybe even do the set-up like Brad for DC. But at least get a couple panels on it to be able to split the fence for the bits and shims

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Ive actually gone with removing the OEM metal part so that I can move the end in an out again. I am not using my TS that much with the purchase of my track saw. It only rips thin strips these days.

I think I am going to pass on the extra set of rails.

Brad T

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I like the fact that having the router table built into the table saw saves so much space. I just bought a new plunge router a few months ago, and will be using it more and more. The design of this thing is near perfect, and would be so handy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ive actually gone with removing the OEM metal part so that I can move the end in an out again. I am not using my TS that much with the purchase of my track saw. It only rips thin strips these days.

I think I am going to pass on the extra set of rails.

Oh ok, Sorry I didn’t get on that earlier

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.959 seconds