dcsimg

Bosch 4100-09 router insert 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Put fence on, The end. 🙂

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Put fence on, The end. :)

Hey!!! That was my 10000 point article!!! 😉

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey!!! That was my 10000 point article!!! ;-)

I was just helping ya, I won’t submit it. You can reword it and have it LOL

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

Hey!!! That was my 10000 point article!!! ;-)

So that is how you have earned so many tools!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

If it was only that easy….

Brad T

So i was doing some reseach and I stumbled upon this thread. I’m interested in doing the modification you speak of with the profile rails. My only concern would be getting them to hold true afafter installing them to the left side. And also if there was a way to connect them with a strong enough joint you could theoretically extend the rip capacity slightly by removing the blocking alan screws and then sending the right side extension out further.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Thanks for the bump on this. I need to get @dabbs to send me these rails. I just need to get on it and get him the part numbers. I’ve just been distracted with other tool purchases and kids…

It should be totally doable as long as you aren’t looking to add two feet.

It’s going to take some fiddle farting around to get it square but once set up I think it should be solid. You are going to have to make a part to tie the two pieces together. (easy, it’s just a plate x2 ) I plan to do this as as inline with the blade as possible (I think)

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m here ready willing and able 🙂 . Yeah lets get going on this, I still need to build me a router insert too as I’ve come across the need for it a couple times lately, Almost just bought a benchtop table but I held back. Although I’ve been busy too with other stuff but I really need to make time for all this

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Hey @Dabbs. It’s only been a year… And I think you have a bench top router by now but version 3.0 is in the works!!

The old one is still yours if you want it?? 🙂

IMG_3069 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey @Dabbs. It’s only been a year… And I think you have a bench top router by now but version 3.0 is in the works!!

The old one is still yours if you want it?? :-)

IMG_3069 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Oh man, Yeah I did get a router table now Hmmmm. I’ll decide and let ya know, I sure do love that set-up

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I figured. I’ll offer it up to someone on here if you don’t want it. It works GREAT I just wanted to add the proper jessem insert plate to match my router lift.

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

I figured. I’ll offer it up to someone on here if you don’t want it. It works GREAT I just wanted to add the proper jessem insert plate to match my router lift.

Sheet man, You know I just can’t pass up such a cool upgrade to the 4100. Having two router tables would be nice, Can ya get an idea of shipping and we’ll go from there. Thank you very much

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

meh, I’ll get it in the mail this week and you can owe me a beer…or two 🙂

you’ll have to make your own inserts for holding it to the 4100. I’ll post up pics again. The ones I made are HEAVY and weigh as much as the insert.

You still at the same addy?

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

meh, I’ll get it in the mail this week and you can owe me a beer…or two :-)

you’ll have to make your own inserts for holding it to the 4100. I’ll post up pics again. The ones I made are HEAVY and weigh as much as the insert.

You still at the same addy?

Yep same addy, I remember the metal mounting pieces you made. I actually have some metal here that should work out good for that, I’ll probably have to trim em a bit but no biggy. Man this is going to be so cool, Thanks again……. And now I’ll be able to write an article with first hand knowledge of how to line up the fence to it LOL 🙂

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

OK, FINALLY had time to get this done today. Well almost done. I still need to dado the two T-tracks in and give it a couple coats of poly.

I wanted to us the same insert as my lift and I wanted to add the second set of T-tracks. Oh, and the 1617 has better under table DC. Should be slick.

IMG_3300 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

It’s virtually fully enclosed.

IMG_3301 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Brad T

OK, FINALLY had time to get this done today. Well almost done. I still need to dado the two T-tracks in and give it a couple coats of poly.

I wanted to us the same insert as my lift and I wanted to add the second set of T-tracks. Oh, and the 1617 has better under table DC. Should be slick.

It’s virtually fully enclosed.

IMG_3301 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

That is really nice!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

That turned out really nice, you think it was made that way.

Brad, is that insert home made? what material if it is?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

That’s looking really good Brad. I do like the look of the dust shroud for the 1617.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Under table DC has always been a problem for me. Your setup looks really good, Brad.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Brad, is that insert home made? what material if it is?

Home made using MDF. You have to support the bottom side or it will sag (the reason for version 2.0)

That’s looking really good Brad. I do like the look of the dust shroud for the 1617.

I gave it a quick go last night and it works pretty good as long as you go slow enough. WAY better then the MR23 under table DC.

Brad T

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.677 seconds