dcsimg

Bosch 4100-09 router insert 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Welcome @chrislott I don’t think that Brad has written plans.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s coming your way as soon as 3.0 is done!

Really?? I’m liking the sounds of that since I haven’t started one yet, But I am getting my winterization thing done and things should settle down for me pretty soon

We can make a deal. V2.0 is almost perfect. I still want those extra rails to put the fence on the left side of the blade.

Oooooo sounds fair to me, I forgot about those….again LOL. Yep I’m in

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

No plans. It’s fairly straight forward once you start and thing of the issues:

It needs to be flat
    It will sag if not built properly
    You need clearances for any extras (rails, DC, etc)

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@dabbs

I know you asked what router. Do you have any router now? I am a BIG fan of the MRC23EVSK kit with the fixed and plunge base. The trigger in the handle is sweet and the LED light is nice. Then get a second MRF01 fixed base if you want to have one.

If you already have a router and this will never get moved, get the 1617EVS and just leave it there.

I have both and both are great. If I was to have just one, it would be the MRC23.

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

@dabbs

I know you asked what router. Do you have any router now? I am a BIG fan of the MRC23EVSK kit with the fixed and plunge base. The trigger in the handle is sweet and the LED light is nice. Then get a second MRF01 fixed base if you want to have one.

If you already have a router and this will never get moved, get the 1617EVS and just leave it there.

I have both and both are great. If I was to have just one, it would be the MRC23.

Ok good to know, Yes I already have one but it’s an old B&D. I wouldn’t want to use it in a table permanently because I’d like to have the above table adjustment, So I’d keep it for other things. Thanks

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

ya, then get the MRC23 combo then get the 1617.

You will want both at some point. They both have above table adjust-ability but it’s a little bit clunky.

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine feels kinda big for finer stuff like trying to trim laminate on a door edge, I spect a small trim router is the ticket for that anyway. I’ll ask ya this; Which base do you like better for the fine above table adjustment?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

both are the same. You still need to reach under the table to lock/unlock. They just have an allen key up top so you can see where the height is. No difference between them.

Oh, and get a colt as well, but wait as long as you can because my hope is they will do an upgrade within the year. (DC, LED light, Swivel cord)

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

both are the same. You still need to reach under the table to lock/unlock. They just have an allen key up top so you can see where the height is. No difference between them.

Oh, and get a colt as well, but wait as long as you can because my hope is they will do an upgrade within the year. (DC, LED light, Swivel cord)

I will be doing some laminate again soon but I don’t think it’ll be on a thin edge like before so I can wait a bit… So no favorite for you between the 1617 and mrc23 as far as the adjustments go for a table. I’ll get the combo with whatever router I go with.Thanks

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think the expense for a table would be overkill, and you likely won’t be able to see the light anyways, unless you had a lean plate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the expense for a table would be overkill, and you likely won’t be able to see the light anyways, unless you had a lean plate.

Help, I’m not sure what you mean??

Brad , not sure if I like that or your attitude better. Both are great

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Help, I’m not sure what you mean??

I don’t know why, that was clear as mud. If the router is going to stay in the table, I would just get one of the 1617’s. The word above was suppose to be lexan, the lights with a normal plate would be pretty worthless I think. The MRC23 costs more than the 1617, so for table use I think the 1617 would be great.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

Looks good, nice upgrade

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

THANKS! It’s one of the most used, best mods in my woodworking shop. Love this thing. The key for me is the ease of use with the table saw fence. Such a nice thing to have with the router.

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know why, that was clear as mud. If the router is going to stay in the table, I would just get one of the 1617’s. The word above was suppose to be lexan, the lights with a normal plate would be pretty worthless I think. The MRC23 costs more than the 1617, so for table use I think the 1617 would be great.

Ohhh ok, Tanks for da splain’n Lucy 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

THANKS! It’s one of the most used, best mods in my woodworking shop. Love this thing. The key for me is the ease of use with the table saw fence. Such a nice thing to have with the router.

Did you ever answer that question ya got of “how did you get the fence perfectly parallel to the router? LOL 🙂 LOL

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Did you ever answer that question ya got of “how did you get the fence perfectly parallel to the router? LOL 🙂 LOL

@Dabbs I thought I should do a article on it 😉

Brad T

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Did you ever answer that question ya got of “how did you get the fence perfectly parallel to the router? LOL :) LOL

@Dabbs I thought I should do a article on it ;-)

Now that would be an interesting read…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

You better let use know when the article is done.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.630 seconds