dcsimg

Bosch 4100-09 router insert 2.0

This topic contains 136 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • Author

I free handed the first (boo) and made this for the second one. It’s a router template.

I wonder if one of the five million different base attachments/accessories available for the Bosch Colt wouldn’t have also helped as well/in place of the template? Regardless, seeing your template is a good reminder that there is always an easier way to do something well…

John S

Anonymous

I wonder if one of the five million different base attachments/accessories available for the Bosch Colt wouldn’t have also helped as well/in place of the template?Regardless, seeing your template is a good reminder that there is always an easier way to do something well…

Boy I’d like to know what that would be other than a straight edge LOL. Don’t you think a template of some kind is needed? This is why I asked the pro and his method is right on and fail safe.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Ya, I’m not sure what else would have worked to get the perfect cut out. I am pretty new to routers except for running an edge around something.

pro —- lol

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Wow Brad I haven’t checked in on your build in a while and let me just say I am impressed. I am confident that you have the most decked out 4100 on the planet! Does the added weight make the Gravity Rise stand harder to use?

EDIT: I finally got through the buffer on your video and it looks like there isn’t and issue at all with the gravity rise. Very impressive.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Nope, I don’t think so. Sure it might be a little heavier but it’s such a small difference I wouldn’t change a thing. Well I would if I could afford to make it out of a solid piece of milled AL

Honestly, I think it’s perfect for my needs. I love it. I have been using the router and the table saw almost every day.

Brad T

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Honestly, I think it’s perfect for my needs. I love it. I have been using the router and the table saw almost every day.

I can’t blame you. I have been working on these beer bottle holders and I keep thinking if I had my router right next to my saw I could even further improve my efficiency. I think you should consider selling these inserts or a plan.

Anonymous

I can’t blame you. I have been working on these beer bottle holders and I keep thinking if I had my router right next to my saw I could even further improve my efficiency. I think you should consider selling these inserts or a plan.

I can see how this would be a great addition to your saw since your router table is in the house, As bad as I wanted that very same router table I’m wondering if I should get one now. Do you think that router table has any advantage over Brads set up? If so I still may go that route as mine would be in the garage

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I can see having both as a real advantage. I know that I am going to put a router in the table I am building to have the ability to set up two routers at once.

Brad T

I think you should consider selling these inserts or a plan.

I second this notion! Brad – think about it at least 🙂 Maybe for BTP points 😛 😛

Though I am still inclined to think a separate router table would be nice if you are able to spare the shop space – or are able to roll it around into a space you can use it at…

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Though I am still inclined to think a separate router table would be nice if you are able to spare the shop space – or are able to roll it around into a space you can use it at…

After using this table I would never have a table saw without a router inert. It’s just WAY too handy. Be it a cabinet saw or a contractor saw in a bench. To be able to use the same fence and go between cutting on the saw to routing in one station is SO nice.

Brad T

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Excellent results! I already own Bosch’s RA1171 router table, but I would still like to have an option to use my 4100-09 as a router table too. I really like that you designed it so it can be left in place during transport.

Bert

After using this table I would never have a table saw without a router inert. It’s just WAY too handy. Be it a cabinet saw or a contractor saw in a bench. To be able to use the same fence and go between cutting on the saw to routing in one station is SO nice.

Now that I have the Incra LS positioner, I would really love to use it on a table saw setup of sorts… So I think you are quite right that having them together makes a lot of sense, especially in tight quarters

John S

Count me in as *very* interested in buying a router insert for this Bosch saw, or the plans for building one. What is your source for the plate that holds the router? That seems critical 🙂 Thanks in advance.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Hi Chris, I got the insert off of amazon. It’s a bosch but it doesn’t really matter. Just buy one and make it to fit. I am actually going to make a V3.0 and use a Jessem plate to match the inserts of my other router. (and make sure the dust collection works) I think you could actually not use one if you just wanted to mount it directly to the table, but you wouldn’t have the convenience of having the inserts for the different hole openings that the router bit comes through.

Brad T

Anonymous

Hi Chris, I got the insert off of amazon. It’s a bosch but it doesn’t really matter. Just buy one and make it to fit. I am actually going to make a V3.0 and use a Jessem plate to match the inserts of my other router. (and make sure the dust collection works) I think you could actually not use one if you just wanted to mount it directly to the table, but you wouldn’t have the convenience of having the inserts for the different hole openings that the router bit comes through.

Wowwy looky here, Brads back. Hi Brad, I really think you should build a V3.0. …….And ummmm……..What ya gonna do with the V2.0? Huh? Huh? 🙂

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It’s coming your way as soon as 3.0 is done!

Brad T

Anonymous

Really?? I’m liking the sounds of that since I haven’t started one yet, But I am getting my winterization thing done and things should settle down for me pretty soon

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks for the bump. Just learned about v2.0 and cannot wait for the v3.0 write up.

I see many router plates at amazon, shoulda thought of that, thanks for the pointer. Not entirely certain why a plastic rectangle costs $50; aluminum from Woodpecker is even pricier at $100.

Clearly these are designed to fit an inset on a metal table. Now I finally understand your comment about needing a router to build a router table insert!

Brad i you’re willing to share some plans, tips or build details that would be a great help, thanks in advance.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Really?? I’m liking the sounds of that since I haven’t started one yet, But I am getting my winterization thing done and things should settle down for me pretty soon

We can make a deal. V2.0 is almost perfect. I still want those extra rails to put the fence on the left side of the blade.

Brad T

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.707 seconds