dcsimg

Bosch 4100-09 router insert 2.0

This topic contains 136 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 137 total)
  • Author

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

So my first insert started to fail, it was sagging in the middle. And the reality it was a little rough. The thing is you need a router table to make a router table. Well, I do anyways. So I decided to make a jig for the insert cut out and reinforced the bottom of the table. I also added a T track bar on the front. It’s really the same but much more refined.

Not quite done, but much better.
    Old vs new

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Wow brad, that looks like a serious upgrade.

Well – glad you are able to still make it work out and not give up on it! The new version looks great!

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Thanks guys. Some people get frustrated when something doesn’t work. I see as an opportunity to learn how to do it better. I think these changes are going to make it exactly what I need it to do. it is really nice to make something on your own that’s going to work. Even if it takes you more then once to do it. 🙂

Brad T

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

getting closer

Brad T

I think it is definitely worth noting that all of this progress is coming just after adding a new member to the family… I am impressed – don’t know how you do it…!

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

sleep… who needs sleep.

Emma’s a pretty good helper in the shop.

Brad T

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Brad, are you planning on putting a surface on the table or just coating the MDF?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I just gave the MDF 6 or 7 coats of varathane. I will give it a polish and wax. If there is a 3.0 I might laminate some formica or similar too it but it’s pretty smooth and hard as is.

Brad T

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

that sounds perfect, are you going to do a video review of the project? I think you should definitely consider it because I bet I am not alone in wanting to replicate your design.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I guess I really should. Once I get it all together and the fence set up I will put something together.

Brad T

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I guess I really should. Once I get it all together and the fence set up I will put something together.

Excellent, thanks Brad! I really want to add this to my collection now for large patterns that just won’t work on my table in the basement.

that sounds perfect, are you going to do a video review of the project? I think you should definitely consider it because I bet I am not alone in wanting to replicate your design.

Why do a video when he could just sell the insert to us for BTP points? 😛
    But I agree – it is amazing how much more a video can offer than pics, even though pics can be far more helpful with giving us a visual (since it’s not like most of us aren’t visually inclined or anything ha)

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Sell for points hey… I think that takes the fun out of it for me.

I hope to get it all together today. We’ll see how Jack and Emma behave. 🙂

Brad T

Anonymous

Wow Brad, That is so impressive. I’m sure it will take me a lot more than once to perfect it. It’s going to be my first project with the saw itself. I may have to ask many more questions and for more pics in the future, Yes a video would be great. This is very exciting. Thanks, I’m so glad you’re doing this

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Well, I got the insert in and I am very happy with it. The fence is going to make it even nicer as well, especially the dust control.

But it has got me thinking, would any of you want to go halfers in buying a set of slides (rails) for the table? With the table fully extended you no longer have the ability to cut on the left side of the blade. Not sure how many cuts I would do over there because I haven’t done any yet.

The rails are reasonably priced if you are in the US. under $80 for both but over double that to get them here in Canada!! And I would only use half the length and use them on the left side of the table (adding a little bit of extension to what’s there as well). It would add some nice support to the left side of the table even with the extension acc I have.

I think it would be the final mod for perfecting my bosch 4100-09!

Brad T

Anonymous

I would Brad, Although I don’t even know what rails yer talking about but if you say we need them on the other side than I’m in LOL.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

For some reason I can’t save the gif file. Here’ the link to the picture. I also found them at eRaplacement parts in the US. What we need is numbers

Back profile rail 142 $33.10
    Front profile rail 134 $41.51
    4x table plate 145 $1.22 each
    8x screw 146 $0.74 each
    8x nut/washer/star washer 147/107/70 source locally (common nut and washer)

http://www.toolpartscanada.com/images/detailed/1/4000-09-dia-1.gif

under picture B

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/bosch-410009-3601l13010-1034-worksite-table-saw-parts-c-128_167_14784.html

Brad T

Anonymous

142…. 2610950084
    134…. 2610950079
    145…. 2610950086
    146…. 2610950087

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Looks great Brad, nice work.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.414 seconds