dcsimg

Bosch 36V

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Hey all, I was just looking through the prize list and saw Bosch has a 36V battery…when did I miss the memo??? And what does it work on? Here’s the link to the product discription, I glanced at it quickly but couldn’t see anything that directed me to any tools it works for. Thanks!

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/batteries-and-chargers-bat836-27196-p/?campaign_id_cookie=

Charlie

Instagram

@cmeyer25

Bosch has a 36V line but the drill/saw/etc are older tools. The biggest thing those are for is the SDS drill. There’ a few NAINA items (Outdoor power equipment: Blower, weed whacker, lawnmower, can’t remember the rest) as well but they use a different 36V battery with an aluminum shell for heatsinking.

Also those 36V batteries work on the 36V battery powered Mafell saws. Mafell also has a 18V powered saw but those are using Metabo’s battery platform.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Darn, I was hoping it was something new and awesome for over here. With all the new batteries coming out through all those other brands, it would be exciting to see something new from Bosch. Especially if it worked with current 18V tools!

Thanks for he info @reflector.

Charlie

Instagram

Yeah the Bosch 36V line is somewhat undeveloped. I hope Bosch explores the Makita option where you take two 18V batteries in series to 36V or at least pushes more high powered single 18V battery tools. I saw a video with their new Eneracer 18V battery and its basically like Metabo’s LiHD batteries with a lot more power.

This guy has access to the new Eneracer batteries that haven’t been released and he made some videos on em and his Bosch miter saw (I think its a NiCD model) he adopted to run on 18V lithium packs:

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hey all, I was just looking through the prize list and saw Bosch has a 36V battery…

I have the Bosch 36V recip saw and really like it. The battery weighs a bit more but when I need the power in a recip saw it comes out and gets the job done.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I think @madman_us has a couple of the 36v tools

Yeah the Bosch 36V line is somewhat undeveloped. I hope Bosch explores the Makita option where you take two 18V batteries in series to 36V or at least pushes more high powered single 18V battery tools. I saw a video with their new Eneracer 18V battery and its basically like Metabo’s LiHD batteries with a lot more power.

This guy has access to the new Eneracer batteries that haven’t been released and he made some videos on em and his Bosch miter saw (I think its a NiCD model) he adopted to run on 18V lithium packs:

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/zjT3fJy1AWo?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    <figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/oDmfAnewzK0?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Very nice, thanks for those videos, I am looking forward to being able to pick up a en racer eventually, depending of course on the price.
    But the runtime and you can see it does give a little bit more power,

@kswiss
    I think you are right Kyle, he even had posted something up about the charger and times.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I’d prefer to see Bosch get on the brushless wagon quicker than working on 36v right now to be honest. I’m looking at the dewalt 18v impact wrench with 1000 ft.lb of torque and there’s no Bosch version in sight, gotta say it’s very tempting.

Then might as well skip 36 and go for 72 directly since that’s the latest rage.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’d prefer to see Bosch get on the brushless wagon quicker than working on 36v right now to be honest. I’m looking at the dewalt 18v impact wrench with 1000 ft.lb of torque and there’s no Bosch version in sight, gotta say it’s very tempting.

Then might as well skip 36 and go for 72 directly since that’s the latest rage.

I agree with you, and I would like to see more newer proven technology. They seem to be swept to the wayside by dewalt and milwaukee right now.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I have always been in the mind that i want my cordless light, If i need more power than the 18 I go for the corded

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

There still is a market for those who don’t have a receptacle around I suppose. I like the 50v grass trimmer I bought a lot, dragging a cord around is such a pain in the butt.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I think madman_us has a couple of the 36v tools

I have the NAINA 36V blower (from the green line) and I like it a lot…I use it a lot.
    Still debating to get maybe the 36V recip saw, 36V circular saw and maybe the new 36V bulldog.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.496 seconds