dcsimg

Bosch 3.0 corded OMT grease

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    CRSpecialtiesLLC
    Pro
    New Hartford, IA

I have the bosch 3.0 multi-tool, it is less than a year old. When I use it for a length of time, it starts oozing grease all over. The tool is great otherwise. I couldn’t run a productive business without it. I’m curious if others have had this problem and what has been done to correct it?

I did find this article on tool grease helpful to identify the right Bosch tool grease for my other Bosch tools.
    Thanks

That is a bit of a bummer CRS! I haven’t had that happen to mine, but mine hasn’t seen nearly as much use as I bet yours has seen.

There are some other guys here who have this tool – curious to hear what they say.

Though we can also tag @boschtoolsservice to get some insight from customer service as well

(more on that here: http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/important-how-to-post-on-bosch-power-tools-customer-service/ )

John S

redwood
    Pro

I have one, but knock on wood, it hasn’t started oozing fluids.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Yeah, that does not seem right — I would be taking it in to service before the warranty period ends. Maybe a loose seal of something.

Orange County, CA

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I heard sometimes the seals like MrToolJunkie was mentioning, can get put in a little crooked and can cause a leak. Sounds like an easy fix.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I think the answer will be NO, but just had to ask: did you ever grease it yourself?

Sorry about the question, but just had to ask. Reason is, years ago I tried greasing a perfectly good drill – one of my first power tools. Like I said, I feel pretty confident you haven’t done it, but I ask just in case someone is reading this who might like to hear the answer. 🙂

Pat

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Sounds like a seal on the bearing let go and it’s ozzing grease every where, not good at all. I bet it needs a new bearing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve never heard of that on those, And yeah like above I’m sure it’s just a seal and since it’s less then a year old they should fix it no problem. Good luck

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Mine has never done that.I would definitely see about getting it fixed.

Kevin6
    Pro

CRS- have you talked to Bosch customer service yet?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I wouldn’t have thought that an OMT had enough grease in it to leak any. Did it get misplaced somewhere some grease could get into it?

CRSpecialtiesLLC
    Pro
    New Hartford, IA

Lol no I haven’t greased it. Never been misplaced, never loaned out.

@kevin6
    I haven’t heard from bosch customer support yet.

Will try and get it in to get checked out this next week

@kevin6 I haven’t heard from bosch customer support yet.

Will try and get it in to get checked out this next week

@CRSpecialtiesLLC
    I think Kevin meant to call them… the tagging thing isn’t always super speedy FYI, though went they are able to answer they have been helpful

John S

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.408 seconds