dcsimg

Bosch 18v Reciprocating Saw

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am curious to see the power difference between the Bosch 18 volt and the Bosch 36 volt .Also how much longer the 36 volt battery last over the 18 volt .

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Is the 36v sawzall much bigger than the 18v? It’s kind of hard to tell from pictures.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

what about a quick video of the 18v vs 36v cutting through something?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Is the 36v sawzall much bigger than the 18v? It’s kind of hard to tell from pictures.

Not really. The size difference is nominal. The 36V though is just slightly enough bigger where it won’t fit in an L-Boxx 2 where the 18V will.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m not sure if the 18v will fit into an l-boxx2. Mine came in the L-boxx3

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oops maybe it is the 3 then. Either way the 36V is a bit bigger than the 18V one and will not fit the 18V tray.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The 18v does not fit in an L2 – at least, I have been unable to find any position for it to fit in an L2.

John S

Do you have a picture of the insert available? Does it fit at an angle or flat in the box? Just curious how the insert looks.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I agree that the brushless is now key in any 18volt tool. Just so much more runtime.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Do you have a picture of the insert available? Does it fit at an angle or flat in the box? Just curious how the insert looks.

I don’t have a picture but it fits in diagonally with a ton of extra space

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree that the brushless is now key in any 18volt tool. Just so much more runtime.

There’s one thing we agree on. Maybe. You want to stay viable in the pro market when it comes to cordless, you need to offer a wide line of brushless models.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

After getting the bosch 18v sawzall I just wanted to share my thoughts on it here. First of all, it is a really big tool. It will take up a lot of space in your tool bag/box for sure. While I like that it has two speeds, the mechanism to change speeds and lock the tool feels pretty cheap and it’s in kind of an awkward position. The non adjustable shoe sucks because it is set really far out, which means you can’t really use the super short blades. You also have to get used to changing the blades because they kind of shoot out of the saw when released.

One thing that I did appreciate was the smoothness of operation. It has a decent amount of vibration control, way better than the dewalt I was using before. It’s hard for me to guage battery life right now because I’m just using the 2.0 batteries. Overall I like the saw it just feels a bit underpowered for the size. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. I’m still thinking about doing a full review if there is much interest.

Only thing I would change on your review is the blade eject mechanism. I like that it kicks out the blades. Comes in real handy when changing out hot hot blades.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I don’t mind that it kicks out, it is actually kind of a nice feature. I just didn’t really expect it the first couple of times.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Lots of good info on the 18v Reciprocating Saw
    here. My Reciprocating Saw has become obsolete and I need to sell it off. This Bosch recip saw looks to be a great option.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I like that it kicks out the blades. Comes in real handy when changing out hot hot blades.

I like that feature also. Comes in real handy and makes blade changing a snap.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

here. My Reciprocating Saw has become obsolete and I need to sell it off. This Bosch recip saw looks to be a great option.

I thought that you were more into Makita for your 18v stuff?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

my sawall is a older one that won’t take the smart batteries and their new one is not brushless yet. I’m really digging the Bosch batteries with the power gage on it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m really digging the Bosch batteries with the power gage on it.

Yep those can come in handy. Especially to see how much charge one has out of the box.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

After getting the bosch 18v sawzall I just wanted to share my thoughts on it here. First of all, it is a really big tool. It will take up a lot of space in your tool bag/box for sure. While I like that it has two speeds, the mechanism to change speeds and lock the tool feels pretty cheap and it’s in kind of an awkward position. The non adjustable shoe sucks because it is set really far out, which means you can’t really use the super short blades. You also have to get used to changing the blades because they kind of shoot out of the saw when released.

One thing that I did appreciate was the smoothness of operation. It has a decent amount of vibration control, way better than the dewalt I was using before. It’s hard for me to guage battery life right now because I’m just using the 2.0 batteries. Overall I like the saw it just feels a bit underpowered for the size. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. I’m still thinking about doing a full review if there is much interest.

Thanks for the info ! I wonder if anyone has done a review on the corded recip saw .

my sawall is a older one that won’t take the smart batteries and their new one is not brushless yet. I’m really digging the Bosch batteries with the power gage on it.

Do your newer Makita have a battery gauge on the tools, I thought I heard someone say that they started putting the battery gauge on the tools for the Makita??

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.472 seconds