dcsimg

Bosch 18v question

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I have trouble getting the battery off my circ saw. I use the batteries on my drills and recip saw and they slide off smooth as butter. It isn’t one battery either all 4 are hard to get off the circ saw. Anybody else experience anything similar? Any suggestions?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have two sets of the 12v drill and impact kit…one set is difficult to pull the battery out, the other is easy. It’s not the batteries themselves as I can swap the 4 batteries between the 4 tools and only get sticky batteries in one tool kit.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Sorry I can’t help. Have several 12 volt and 1 18 volt and have not had any problems. Havn;t got my saw yet, so have not had an oppertunity to try it

woodman_412

I find that it’s a little bit more difficult to get the battery off my Bosch 18V saw compared to my drill but not significantly. I wonder if maybe the plastic on the saw is misformed a bit where the battery docks in?

Dan

danpattison.com

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Sorry I can’t help you with the 18v Saw but I can attest to it being super difficult to get my 12v out of the jacket/usb holster without loosening the screws on it originally.

A Working Pro since 2004

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

No issues here. All mine are firm but not hard 🙂

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I don’t have any problems removing the battery either. It is a little awkward because you are pushing in on the release tab and pulling out on the battery….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I get that sometimes with batteries sticking , I just tap the bottom of it on something solid and then it usually pops off no problem .

I find that it’s a little bit more difficult to get the battery off my Bosch 18V saw compared to my drill but not significantly. I wonder if maybe the plastic on the saw is misformed a bit where the battery docks in?

I have the 18v saw as well and no issues on mine. A few of my drills the batteries are a little bit looser on but do not effect performance. But being really hard to take off would be annoying, though I wonder if it is the plastic as well

John S

I have trouble getting the battery off my circ saw. I use the batteries on my drills and recip saw and they slide off smooth as butter. It isn’t one battery either all 4 are hard to get off the circ saw. Anybody else experience anything similar? Any suggestions?

Can you file down some off the plastic to ease the battery off and on to help with removal .

Always willing to learn .

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Can you file down some off the plastic to ease the battery off and on to help with removal .

That was I was thinking. Just checking for a better answer

Is the push button lock move freely, if it has a tendency of sticking it could be that, if it works, then maybe the frame of the saw might have a little bur or sharp edge like some other members have mentioned.
    Good luck, let us know if you figure that out.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I had one battery in an 18V tool that did as you described, got jammed in there some how. It took me like a half hour to get it out. I used a few taps from a hammer on the sides to get the locks to break free. Since then no problems.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Jummul
    Pro

The battery slides off very easy from both my 18v drill and my 18v saw.

However I do feel like it protrudes 1mm on both of them, I feel like it should click a little further.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

mine has no problem, fatpack battery slides off easily.

Jummul
    Pro

I tried again today. The battery really is loose 1mm. I’ll make a video tomorrow 🙂

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

1mm is really a lot though, you might send it back for a replacement

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.439 seconds