dcsimg

Bosch 18V Cordless Jig Saw (JSH180BL) Review

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Thatkid
    Pro

Wow how long did it take to cut that one board.

Only a couple of minutes.

I would of thought that the battery would have lasted longer even though it’s the 2.0 amp.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Wow how long did it take to cut that one board.

Only a couple of minutes.

I would of thought that the battery would have lasted longer even though it’s the 2.0 amp.

I’ll do a test so that we have something solid as far as time.

Thatkid
    Pro

It would be realy interesting to see a comparison

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Not sure how I missed this review. Well done and it makes me want one faster then ever now!

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Not sure how I missed this review. Well done and it makes me want one faster then ever now!

If there are any other ways I can help you spend your piggies, please let me know.

@Svensshutters – I just reread the entire review again. Good jobs, just like your other reviews.

With the splinter guard and thicker blades, you can put it part way in, turn the saw on with the blade and push down to seat it — this is how you also do it on Mafell and Festool. Of course you will need to get more splinter guards to have on hand to swap out with the thinner blades. For some reason the ones that come with the JS572 seem to fit all the blades so it has not been an issue. Not sure if it is the same one or not between the different saws.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Has anyone sourced a place for the sprinter guards online? I haven’t been able to find any.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I just reread the entire review again. Good jobs, just like your other reviews.

Thank you.

Has anyone sourced a place for the sprinter guards online? I haven’t been able to find any.

I would be interested to know this as well. I remember talk about HD getting them, but that was it.

I just reread the entire review again. Good jobs, just like your other reviews.

Thank you.

I would be interested to know this as well. I remember talk about HD getting them, but that was it.

Yes, HD can get them for you in the states. It is a special order item. I have also ordered them from parts supply houses as well – there are a couple in Utah that have them or can get them. I bought 30 – 40 of them the last time I ordered.

Orange County, CA

Nice. I have been using my old 52318 for 10 years. This thing works flawless. I can’t believe how well it has held up. I have read reviews about this model. People telling stories about how it seized on them or just stopped working. I am pleased to inform you, I have never had a problem. Hope I didn’t just jinks myself. I have used and abused this thing. You name it I have cut it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice. I have been using my old 52318 for 10 years. This thing works flawless. I can’t believe how well it has held up.

Now that is a testimonial there. After reading that you definitely want a Bosch cordless jigsaw.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Im going to need a nice saw. Been dealing with mediocre for year. Now I have to take off the gingerbread on my own house and recruit new to put up. I want to make life easy.

sorry, review is nice and give someone a lot to think about

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice to know that that old cordless saw has held up so well for so long. I think mine will serve me well, It isn’t a tool that see’s major use

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Thanks for the review, for me this is one of the most important battery tools. Most of my jigsaw cuts are just quick cuts mostly on small pieces. I am however dying to get my hands on a small 12v option and soon i will not be able to wait any longer for the bosch and will have to go with the milwaukee

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

If you really want the 12v jigsaw, they can be found. I think that @overanalyze got one off of Ebay or something like that.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

If you really want the 12v jigsaw, they can be found. I think that @overanalyze got one off of Ebay or something like that.

There are quite a few of them on ebay today.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

This cordless jigsaw comes with SDS blade holder, while the 572 doesn’t.

I actually have the European version of the JS120, apparently they call the T-Shank quick release blade holder “SDS” in Europe. Apparently that’s how Bosch markets any of the quick release mechanisms in Europe and internationally. Otherwise I believe its the same mechanism as in the JS572. From my understanding the US version of the JS120 just has the SDS marking on the lever deleted.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I actually have the European version of the JS120, apparently they call the T-Shank quick release blade holder “SDS” in Europe. Apparently that’s how Bosch markets any of the quick release mechanisms in Europe and internationally. Otherwise I believe its the same mechanism as in the JS572. From my understanding the US version of the JS120 just has the SDS marking on the lever deleted.

In JS572, it does offer quick release mechanisms but it doesn’t offer quick blade insert mechanisms as it offered in the new 12V jigsaw and other jigsaw.

The only difference I could have noticed between JS 572 and other Bosch jigsaw, which is JS 572 doesn’t have the Red SDS holder as other jigsaw. Every time I insert a blade in my JS 572, I have to pull the black latch.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.624 seconds