dcsimg

Bosch 18V Cordless Jig Saw (JSH180BL) Review

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

The “tube” is between 1/16″ and 1/8″ I can give the exact stuff if people here demand it. I really don’t want to confuse all of our Canadian friends too much. ;)

Sorry, what’s that in millimetres eh?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Around 2 mm’s.

redwood
    Pro

When cutting metal, it really helps to clamp things down to cut down on vibration. I’m sure you know that. And slower speed, of course.

I’ve been using my 2.0 AH slim packs in my Bosch power box and definately notice the difference in run time over the 4.0. But I guess that should be obvious.

I’m not cutting metal with my 18V Makita Jig, but I seem to get pretty decent run time with a 3.0AH battery. Of course when I use a jig saw, it’s not for hours at a time.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I agree. I’m sure that if I would have went slower and had a proper work surface, it would have been a different ball of wax all together.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What do you usually use? Cutting those might be a great job for that little 12v pocket recip.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

What do you usually use? Cutting those might be a great job for that little 12v pocket recip.

A bench top abrasive cutoff machine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ohhhh ok, Nevermind on the little recip then LOL. A cut off wheel for sure sounds better

Sorry, what’s that in millimetres eh?

Gross… 😛

I am a little surprised to hear the 2.0 “sucked” that much. Though it does sound like it was a decent test, it wasn’t very much time cutting at all… But like Matt said – if I had a cordless jigsaw, I probably wouldn’t be cutting much metal with it apart from the rare day like with what happened to you

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I am a little surprised to hear the 2.0 “sucked” that much

I think a better way to look at it was that the Jiggy sucked the battery dry that quick. I was surprised because it was only a couple minutes of cutting. I’ll get some old lumber and run though it until the battery dies again and see exactly how long it lasts.

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

@svensshutters just wondering how the jigsaw is holding up? I plan on getting one tomorrow and adding it to my growing collection of new Bosch tools.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

When I looked at it, I missed that it had a light on it. That’s the one complaint about the DeWalt is the lack of a light.

Resident Sign Guy

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

@JamieM It is working well, but I don’t have a large demand for a Jig saw. It cuts what I need it to cut. I’m very happy with it still and the fact that I don’t use one often, it takes up no room to store.

I still hope that they come out with a cordless version of the higher grade model as well the 572… That would help keep me far away from the green machine 🙂

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

So, used the Saw again to make some replacement seats for a couple of dining room chairs. My wife decided to pick up some high chair things for the twins that mount to existing furniture. Problem was that the cushions on the dining room chairs had too much spring, and the chairs ended up cock eyed. So I grabbed some scrap wood and went to work. Came out well enough, and now the cushions won’t get all messed up with food the kids drop.

And since I know we all love critters, my dog found the snake but had enough smarts to keep back. Turned out it was only a bull snake.

redwood
    Pro

Looks like your still using the slim pack in the jigsaw. Are you getting more life out of it cutting wood.

Looks like you got to use your router as well.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yah, the slim pack was the first one I grabbed. After that one board (had to cut another) it was down to one bar and I swapped it for a fat pack. I used the router to round over the edges before hitting it with some sand paper. Any day I can play with tools is a good day.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Came out good – nice solution! So are you pretty happy overall with the jigsaw?

Resident Sign Guy

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yes, I’m happy with the choice I made. It does everything I need it to do.

Thatkid
    Pro

Yah, the slim pack was the first one I grabbed. After that one board (had to cut another) it was down to one bar and I swapped it for a fat pack. I used the router to round over the edges before hitting it with some sand paper. Any day I can play with tools is a good day.

Wow how long did it take to cut that one board. It seemed like it would be nice with the. 4.0 battery for cutting out countertops.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Wow how long did it take to cut that one board.

Only a couple of minutes.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.520 seconds