dcsimg

Bosch 18V Cordless Blower

Tagged: 

This topic contains 168 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  madman_us 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 169 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@madman_us great find, now that waiting game, hopefully it comes over soon enough.

@bethepro
    Hey Jim, do you know if Bosch plans to release this blower in NA?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

There are no plans at this time to bring this to NA.

If this changes you will be the first to know about it.

Cheers,

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks Jim for the quick response.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

The two things that everyone complains about with Bosch are their limited cordless offerings compared to other manufacturers, and items being NAINA.

Now, they’ve developed a cordless tool that litterally every other manufacturer offers, and have people lining up to buy, and they say “No thanks, we’re not interested in taking your money.” Unbelievable.

I can understand if you have to manufacture a different product, like a 110v version of their 220v track saw, have to fight for shelf space at retailers, or there are shipping/trade agreement issues between where it is manufactured and where it can be sold.

1. This is made in China, where the rest of their cordless tools are that come to the US.
    2. It can be sold through existing online retailers and dealers, who I’m sure would gladly make room for it in their warehouses.
    3. It uses existing batteries available here and requires zero changes.

Come on Bosch, bring this thing over here, and a compact cordless miter saw while you’re at it!

@jpg-woodworking
    The 110V version of the track saw is for UK jobsite usage, they use 110V 50Hz for jobsite power using a transformer that has a 55V difference on each line. The 110V versions of UK tools typically work in the US with only a plug change.

So the major modifications that’d be required is that Bosch has it conform to US safety standards.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Cheers,

Jim

I have a feeling that once this is available from EU sellers I will be buying one. The only cordless Makita I still have is my blower, it would be nice to replace it with a blower that uses my main battery platform. That or the Milwaukee since I do plan on buying more of their 18v nailers and batteries.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The two things that everyone complains about with Bosch are their limited cordless offerings compared to other manufacturers, and items being NAINA.

Now, they’ve developed a cordless tool that litterally every other manufacturer offers, and have people lining up to buy, and they say “No thanks, we’re not interested in taking your money.” Unbelievable.

I can understand if you have to manufacture a different product, like a 110v version of their 220v track saw, have to fight for shelf space at retailers, or there are shipping/trade agreement issues between where it is manufactured and where it can be sold.

1. This is made in China, where the rest of their cordless tools are that come to the US.
    2. It can be sold through existing online retailers and dealers, who I’m sure would gladly make room for it in their warehouses.
    3. It uses existing batteries available here and requires zero changes.

Come on Bosch, bring this thing over here, and a compact cordless miter saw while you’re at it!

Couldnt have said it better myself. I just hope enough guys at bosch read this forum to make some changes in the NA market.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You are right on all accounts. I too will wait and see if the blower hits the EU market in the UK and Germany or if it hits Korea then I will order one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Looks like the antique shop blower I have, damn thing is super handy at dusting and drying stuff. But it’s corded so I don’t use it as often, this should solve that problem nicely.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Nice to see its out, but a shame to hear that there are no plans to release it in NA.

Who’s going to be the first to order one from overseas to let us know how it is lol

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Who’s going to be the first to order one from overseas to let us know how it is lol

Waiting for it to hit the UK or Korea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I must be missing something here, how is it beneficial to bosch to not release items like this in North America? There has to be some money made here, UNLESS they don’t want to pay fees in relation to getting it csa or other safety standards to allow it to sell in North America.

verkeel
    Pro

you’re right, one of my Chinese friend said he is working on blower R&D for NA, and he is trying to get CSA ASAP. once he get this, blower can be release in NA. I’m Korean guy, it was released in Korea from this March.

@verkeel

Interesting, you have a friend that works for Bosch in China?

verkeel
    Pro

@reflector

Yes, I’m also selling blower in my city. this blower’s power is better than Makita and almost same as milwaukee. but the parameter is not that good. speed is 75 m/s, and air flow is 120 m³/h. I don’t know why, maybe my friend is conservative for their parameters.

verkeel
    Pro

hey guys, what does NAINA mean?

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

you’re right, one of my Chinese friend said he is working on blower R&D for NA, and he is trying to get CSA ASAP. once he get this, blower can be release in NA. I’m Korean guy, it was released in Korea from this March.

That’s exciting to hear. I almost bought the Milwaukee one not to long ago. I would rather have the bosch.

hey guys, what does NAINA mean?

@verkeel
    NAINA = Not Available In North America 😛
    and thanks for chiming in on the 18V blower

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

verkeel
    Pro

@madman_us
    Oh, Thank you. I just offers what i know, i hope my friend in BOSCH can release it to NA successfully.
    i just asked him which place this blower release. he told me Japan, Korea, Asian pacific, middle east, east Europe, Africa, NA. it seems not available in west Europe.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 169 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.999 seconds